ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bugs, mold on menu at K.C. stadiums (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288362)

chiefzilla1501 11-14-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11109918)
I've worked games down there as fundraisers for youth programs.

A LOT of the concessions are run by volunteers, who probably don't have food service/safety training. I know the times I have done it, it was a zoo and pain in the ass to get the things you need.

It amazes me that this still happens. In a league where owners are making a gazillion dollars, they still need volunteers to do work that should be handled by employees. I get that some charities benefit off of it. But it's amazing to me the kind of stuff owners get away with that most businesses would not.

DMAC 11-14-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11109900)

Exactly. Take it easy.

allen_kcCard 11-14-2014 11:35 AM

I work out there in concessions, and our stand isn't like that, but we are one of the fund raising volunteer groups...an NPO, or not for profit.

The stands that are NPO seem to be good overall, and they have been trying to get more and more people working the games from ours, I am assuming because of stuff like this.

The employees are all union, and I could see where some of the stuff could come up there. I haven't ever worked directly with one of their stands, but I see enough of them, and deal with them coming to our stand begging for things they ran out of, or trying to swipe things like our ice scoops because theirs was missing happens.

We have been inspected twice this season already, and passed both.

tomahawk kid 11-14-2014 11:37 AM

Mental note to grab my kids a bite to eat before we head into the K.

cabletech94 11-14-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11109888)
I wonder how many mouse dropping there are in an average helmet nacho at the K?

Because I'm still going to order one next year, no matter the number.

I was just gonna say the same!!! i'd never had one of those before. got to enjoy that bad boy for W.S. game #2. wife said "you can't eat all of that"! so I did.

then I taught her a lesson in the hotel room..........

edit: oh yeah, and if you eat pizza at a pro football/baseball game, you deserve to get aids, or something. you have hot dogs and hamburgers and peanuts and cracker jacks. the end. ;)

allen_kcCard 11-14-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11109918)
I've worked games down there as fundraisers for youth programs.

A LOT of the concessions are run by volunteers, who probably don't have food service/safety training. I know the times I have done it, it was a zoo and pain in the ass to get the things you need.

Umm...the volunteers are the ones you want. They might be learning the register, but they care enough to try to get things right even if they are out there for their first game. We get training, but it is related to food handling, and team training that related to things like alcohol compliance...nothing about the registers, or things like specific things that the stand will be making. That all happens at the first game you work, and is done with others that have worked in it.

Iowanian 11-14-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11109936)
It amazes me that this still happens. In a league where owners are making a gazillion dollars, they still need volunteers to do work that should be handled by employees. I get that some charities benefit off of it. But it's amazing to me the kind of stuff owners get away with that most businesses would not.

I don't think it's terrible that volunteers work concessions for fund raisers, but I DO think there should be a manager that knows what is going on and is responsible for the operations.

Now, It has been a few years since I participated and while everything wasn't perfect I never saw moldy buns or terrible filth that would have made me nervous to eat there.
I'd have slapped the lips off of someone who put a ladle in a garbage can between uses. Gross.

This just proves that fast food workers deserve $15/hr...........................................

Pablo 11-14-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 11109953)
I was just gonna say the same!!! i'd never had one of those before. got to enjoy that bad boy for W.S. game #2. wife said "you can't eat all of that"! so I did.

then I taught her a lesson in the hotel room..........

I doubt any human being could perform any bedroom antics with that bomb sitting in your stomach. Unless you're into schizer videos. The wife and I will share one if we get it; and I'd have to be pretty bombed/hungry to destroy a whole one by myself.

RockChalk 11-14-2014 11:44 AM

Love the PR spin bullshit that the executives are putting out.

Like hell you say, I had pizza that night. I was delicious. I didn't shit my pants. Get over it.

Rausch 11-14-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 11109963)
Love the PR spin bullshit that the executives are putting out.

Like hell you say, I had pizza that night. I was delicious. I didn't shit my pants. Get over it.

Your choice to eat the flan...

J Diddy 11-14-2014 11:48 AM

[Diddy enters room singing a parody of It's a Great Day To Be Alive in honor of Aramark employees]

"I got mold on my hot dog today,
Haven't washed my hands in 3 damn days
and it's hard times finding a job this good
but i'm a doing alright."

[Diddy leaves room]

Simply Red 11-14-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 11109950)
Mental note to grab my kids a bite to eat before we head into the K.

http://i.imgur.com/69PxaRG.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11109965)
Your choice to eat the flan...

Simply Red 11-14-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 11109928)
"The mouse droppings are under the counter"

Lzen 11-14-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11109936)

Especially considering the sky high prices for not that great food and $9 or $10 for crappy beer (Budweiser).

cabletech94 11-14-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11109961)
I doubt any human being could perform any bedroom antics with that bomb sitting in your stomach. Unless you're into schizer videos. The wife and I will share one if we get it; and I'd have to be pretty bombed/hungry to destroy a whole one by myself.

I was watching the ladies (who really looked like the fella in SR's custom made sketch) make the nachobbq or whatever its called. looking at the conditions of the open air kitchen made me second guess my decision, but I thought to myself "when in rome......" and I powered up and ate that whole thing. of course they were out of the beans and something else, but gave me extra que, so I thought out of respect, I would the whole thing......