ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals It was a hell of a run (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287929)

Bowser 10-29-2014 10:08 PM

If Infante doesn't slip on Sandoval's grounder, we might still be playing in extras right now. These teams were so, so even with the edge going to them with Baumgarner and his all-time historical run through this postseason. Just the smallest things that costed us.

Bowser 10-29-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11070317)
I wish I could see a parallel universe where Gordon went home...just to see what would have happened. But I'm of the opinion that he would have been out by a lot.

Even so, the way Baumgarner was just buzzsawing through us? Send Alex and take your chances at the plate.

lcarus 10-29-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 11070324)
End Thread/

I disagree. That would have been a desperation move. A pretty stupid one. Like being held at gunpoint and deciding to charge the shooter from 30 feet away when you still have Salvador up on the adjacent rooftop with a sniper rifle ready to nail the gunman. Yeah...Sal isn't that great with the sniper, but he's been known to get a headshot here and there.

Then you'd have Sal standing over Gordo's bullet-riddled body, shaking his head, saying "Why you no trust me?"

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11070327)
If Infante doesn't slip on Sandoval's grounder, we might still be playing in extras right now. These teams were so, so even with the edge going to them with Baumgarner and his all-time historical run through this postseason. Just the smallest things that costed us.

That's baseball, man. Think of where that Angels series is if Aoki doesn't catch the ball that Cain misses where they almost collide at the wall in Game 1 or if one of the dumbass routes that Aoki took in Game 2 cost him.

You are always juggling chainsaws walking a tightrope of concertina wire in the postseason.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2014 10:13 PM

The one option that should have been considered that Yost didn't, and I know it sounds crazy, is Josh Willingham to PH for Perez.

Perez is a great player, but he's also compromised and the Giants had the fewest steals in baseball. If you absolutely need a hit in that space, maybe the guy with a career wRC of 129 against LHP is the guy to send up there.

Blindside58 10-29-2014 10:13 PM

Insert" Hunter Pence would have sent Gordo home" joke here...?

SAUTO 10-29-2014 10:15 PM

Last time Perez got hurt Kratz hit two homers...

ChiTown 10-29-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11070336)
That's baseball, man. Think of where that Angels series is if Aoki doesn't catch the ball that Cain misses where they almost collide at the wall in Game 1 or if one of the dumbass routes that Aoki took in Game 2 cost him.

You are always juggling chainsaws walking a tightrope of concertina wire in the postseason.

Yep. Breaks in Baseball even out over time. It was just SFs turn to catch the breaks tonight. We needed some timely hitting which we just couldn't come up with tonight. Everything else played out about how I thought it would tonight.

chiefsfan987 10-29-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 11070312)
Wish Gordon would've kept running.

I wish he was faster.

Direckshun 10-29-2014 10:16 PM

I want to take a moment and give props to those of you who've followed this team on a daily basis for years, especially throughout the terrible years at the start of the century.

This postseason run was truly a pleasure. It must have been a month-long Cloud Nine for you.

RollChiefsRoll 10-29-2014 10:16 PM

I wouldn't be mad if Jirshele sent Gordo. Force the play at the plate, **** it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-29-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11070347)
Yep. Breaks in Baseball even out over time. It was just SFs turn to catch the breaks tonight. We needed some timely hitting which we just couldn't come up with tonight. Everything else played out about how I thought it would tonight.

SF has been a remarkably fortunate team in their three PS trips. Remarkably lucky.

I know that through the first five games their BABIP was around .440 whereas KC's was .230. That's in-****ing-sane.

Bowser 10-29-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11070337)
The one option that should have been considered that Yost didn't, and I know it sounds crazy, is Josh Willingham to PH for Perez.

Perez is a great player, but he's also compromised and the Giants had the fewest steals in baseball. If you absolutely need a hit in that space, maybe the guy with a career wRC of 129 against LHP is the guy to send up there.

Perez is just so beat up right now. The grind of this season and that he played a long season of winter ball. IIRC, he's basically been playing ball since last November-ish.

Yost SHOULD have pinch hit for him, but there is not a chance in hell that Yost was ever going to do that.

suzzer99 10-29-2014 10:17 PM

Rationally I know it was a hell of a run. But emotionally it feels like I just got hit in the nuts by that pitch that had Sal in the leg.

Prison Bitch 10-29-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11070337)

I wanted Josh up there too but the game could've gone into extras so that had to be factored. Could have gone either way