ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Proposed trades at the deadline (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287717)

Sorter 10-22-2014 04:12 PM

Step 1: Take Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis to a strip club.
Step 2: Call Hootie
Step 3: Roofie them; snag Brandin Cooks.
Step 4: Tell Brandin everything will be alright (in a reassuring manner)
Step 5:???
Step 6: Profit

jonzie04 10-22-2014 04:13 PM

i think hed be killer in our o hed be the number 1 and he is much more of a deep threat than bowe. he and bowe together would be a huge problem. i dont think hes that much better than bowe overall though. but theres no way we can keep him for longer than a season we barely have enough money to resign houston, cutting hali. i guess we could cut bowe and keep vjax next year but im not 100 percent sure how cutting bowe will work. wed prolly owe him a shit ton of money.

i would consider it if it was a 5th round pick. MAYBE a 4th. a 3 or 2 is way too steep for a player youll likely only have for 1 season. is vjax for 1 year worth a potential kelce to you? charles, houston, jared allen, dante hall? those are all players weve gotten beyond the 3rd round.

this teams young, and has a very nice amount of young talent, it might be best, we keep building through the draft, and try to find our number 1 wr that way. itd be much better for us to sign a few more solid wr like eddy royal, emmanual sanders level in the offseason, than to risk our future on vjax now.

Ming the Merciless 10-22-2014 04:34 PM

Were not gonna have a top-of-the round pick....like Kelce, Charles, or Houston.

I dont think you evaluate trades based on Jared Aleen, that guy was one-in-a-million ...

I think bottom end 3rd round would be fine....(80+)

And I would consider a bottom end second as well......depending on the details.

I doubt they would trade for much less than a bottom end third....I mean they are also right in the thick of a hunt

58-4ever 10-22-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11040086)
no superstar number ones for right now.

Agree. We definitely don't need any superstar ones. hahahahaha!! :doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!:

Exoter175 10-22-2014 05:20 PM

With a fairly talented WR group coming up in Free Agency, I doubt we trade for a heavy contract Receiver.

Wallcrawler 10-22-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11040484)
this teams young, and has a very nice amount of young talent, it might be best, we keep building through the draft, and try to find our number 1 wr that way.

Not sure if serious.

Was Kelvin Benjamin not on the board when we took that assclown Dee Ford? I find it hard to believe that you would put faith in a front office to build our team through the draft at WR, when the deepest draft for WRs in recent history just happened, and we elected to draft a linebacker who cant even handle the complexities of running AT the ball carrier instead of away from him over a WR that could have instantly improved our offense.

Id be all over bringing Jackson in. He's straight salary, so no loss if we have to go a different direction down the road, and Bowe's ass needs to be gone next season anyway. His drug-related suspension lets us off the hook for some of the guaranteed money in his contract. The guy is definitely not producing at the level he should be for the contract that he signed.

You also have to look at the possibility that DJ may not be coming back either. We've missed his presence in the middle, but we've been serviceable with JMJ and Mauga in the middle, and once Mays is in there, I think we can get by without having to drop the bigtime money that Johnson is going to command, after age 30 and coming off of a devastating Achilles injury.

Also need to see how it goes in terms of getting by without Eric Berry. Guy has barely played this season on our tough schedule, and we're 3-3. If Reid doesn't give a couple games away through shit playcalling, were 4-2 or 5-1 without him. Sinking huge money into so many players hurts the team badly when they aren't available to be on the field.

Our offense is terrible at the WR position. Jackson is a stud WR that can help us win now. Hell, he would probably even boost Bowe's production by his presence on the field alone. If the price is right, Id be all over going for Vincent Jackson.

Easy 6 10-22-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11040483)

This.

I want greasy fast speed, not another jump ball ace.

jonzie04 10-22-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 11040527)
Agree. We definitely don't need any superstar ones. hahahahaha!! :doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!:

why would we need a superstar number 1? this offense can clearly operate without one... youd rather spend 12 million a year, AND lose draft picks to have vjax for likely 1 season? vs pick up 2-3 solid guys like hakieem nicks, emmanual sanders, etc? and have them for several years without losing draft picks?n

jonzie04 10-22-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11040517)
Were not gonna have a top-of-the round pick....like Kelce, Charles, or Houston.

I dont think you evaluate trades based on Jared Aleen, that guy was one-in-a-million ...

I think bottom end 3rd round would be fine....(80+)

And I would consider a bottom end second as well......depending on the details.

I doubt they would trade for much less than a bottom end third....I mean they are also right in the thick of a hunt

if we werent already committed to bowe long term, and we were legit contenders i think a 2nd or 3rd would be just fine... the problem is, we dont have the money to keep vjax beyond this year, and that is wayy to much to throw away, when you combine that with vjax not being enough to make this team a legit contender it doesnt make sense... it would make sense for a team like seattle... but not for us.

Al Bundy 10-22-2014 06:04 PM

Jackson will be traded, but not to the Chiefs.

Mother****erJones 10-22-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11040483)

*Bows*

jonzie04 10-22-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11040593)
Not sure if serious.

Was Kelvin Benjamin not on the board when we took that assclown Dee Ford? I find it hard to believe that you would put faith in a front office to build our team through the draft at WR, when the deepest draft for WRs in recent history just happened, and we elected to draft a linebacker who cant even handle the complexities of running AT the ball carrier instead of away from him over a WR that could have instantly improved our offense.

Id be all over bringing Jackson in. He's straight salary, so no loss if we have to go a different direction down the road, and Bowe's ass needs to be gone next season anyway. His drug-related suspension lets us off the hook for some of the guaranteed money in his contract. The guy is definitely not producing at the level he should be for the contract that he signed.

You also have to look at the possibility that DJ may not be coming back either. We've missed his presence in the middle, but we've been serviceable with JMJ and Mauga in the middle, and once Mays is in there, I think we can get by without having to drop the bigtime money that Johnson is going to command, after age 30 and coming off of a devastating Achilles injury.

Also need to see how it goes in terms of getting by without Eric Berry. Guy has barely played this season on our tough schedule, and we're 3-3. If Reid doesn't give a couple games away through shit playcalling, were 4-2 or 5-1 without him. Sinking huge money into so many players hurts the team badly when they aren't available to be on the field.

Our offense is terrible at the WR position. Jackson is a stud WR that can help us win now. Hell, he would probably even boost Bowe's production by his presence on the field alone. If the price is right, Id be all over going for Vincent Jackson.

as far as kelvin benjamin goes hindsite is 20/20, hopefully it is for dorsey as well. im hoping he has finally realized how badly this team needs to draft some wrs, or at least bring some in. however, even though he did fail last offseason to bring in a wr, he has made our roster stronger, and a lot of guys hes drafted look promising.

i didnt know vjaxs contract made him easy to cut, but what does that matter. it is an awful idea to piss away a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a guy when you cant win a super bowl with because you have too many holes elsewhere, only to cut him the next year. but im pretty sure bowes suspension only affected his cap number for a few weeks this season. as far as i know, we would owe him a massive amount of money next year if we cut him. if not for that id be a little more open minded to the trade.

jkw87 10-22-2014 06:31 PM

Or come to terms with the fact that we aren't winning it all this year. Instead of dropping a pick (any amount/pick) on a wide out that's over thirty, save them and draft somebody else. Use those picks to make trades to move up if need be...

keg in kc 10-22-2014 06:34 PM

This is a move that a team desperate to win with their playoff window closing would make. I don't think that's the Chiefs.

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkw87 (Post 11040892)
Or come to terms with the fact that we aren't winning it all this year. Instead of dropping a pick (any amount/pick) on a wide out that's over thirty, save them and draft somebody else. Use those picks to make trades to move up if need be...

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11040953)
This is a move that a team desperate to win with their playoff window closing would make. I don't think that's the Chiefs.

These.