ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals So what's the deal with Frank White? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287556)

CoMoChief 10-17-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 11024045)
I knew about this - but figured there must be more to the story.

For the record; Hud > White

What?!?!? Frank White always had good input on the game while doing the TV broadcast.

Hud's just a moron......a lovable moron....but still a moron.

BigRedChief 10-17-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11024790)
I haven't seen any bashing in this thread.

My bad. I thought some comments in this thread and others were making assumptions that he walked away from the Royals because he wasn't given the manager job. I know thats not the reason straight from Frank himself. Again, I apologize if I misunderstood the comments.

007 10-18-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11024905)
My bad. I thought some comments in this thread and others were making assumptions that he walked away from the Royals because he wasn't given the manager job. I know thats not the reason straight from Frank himself. Again, I apologize if I misunderstood the comments.

Its mostly a bunch of conjecture with some facts thrown in. Overall, I don't feel anyone is badmouthing him at all.

I think the most negative thing posted was regarding his booth work.

EPodolak 10-18-2014 01:15 AM

Frank was stiff and awful in the booth at first. He learned to relax and even giggled freely which a few jagoffs took issue with, and became a pretty valuable analyst. He boasted about himself being "world-class" as an athlete which is the tone-deafness that probably got him into trouble on other topics. Too bad he's not involved some way now. Thankfully Hudler has grown on me.

007 10-18-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 11025040)
Frank was stiff and awful in the booth at first. He learned to relax and even giggled freely which a few jagoffs took issue with, and became a pretty valuable analyst. He boasted about himself being "world-class" as an athlete which is the tone-deafness that probably got him into trouble on other topics. Too bad he's not involved some way now. Thankfully Hudler has grown on me.

He's like a fungus.

Discuss Thrower 10-18-2014 01:34 AM

I'm telling you. Phys + Hud + a Royals "insider" who is straight-laced and by-the-book would be a good-to-great baseball telecast.

BigRock 10-18-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11024556)
Hey, look at that. Keitzman is white knighting a guy that has problems with the Royals. Who would have guessed?

I don't remember the exact wording of it. But back when Frank split with the Royals, Mellinger wrote a column that mentioned how Frank more or less had certain ass-kissers in his ear, stoking his anger for their own self interest. Frank's son even tweeted a reply that confirmed it.

Supposedly Keitzman is chief among them.

007 10-18-2014 02:44 AM

Whats really sad in all this is we have a retired number for a guy that isn't associated with the team at all now. Regardless of who initiated the split, that is just sad.

tomahawk kid 10-18-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 11024776)
Put me down as a Frank White basher as well.

I've been an avid Royals fan since Lou Piniella drove in the winning run on Opening Night in 1969, so I think I qualify as "knowledgeable" baseball fan. I found Frank White's monotone as a broadcaster to be be incredibly boring, and I got sick and tired of his constant whining about not getting the respect he felt he deserved.

Frank White is in the Royals Hall of Fame. He was respected. His problem is that he thought he should be idolized just as much as George Brett, and he resented the fact that he wasn't.

Frank White was an excellent player. But he was not in the same ballpark as George Brett.

Nail - Head

tomahawk kid 10-18-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11024556)
Hey, look at that. Keitzman is white knighting a guy that has problems with the Royals. Who would have guessed?

If only they'd built that downtown stadium like he told them to.

KK is an uber d-bag with delusional thoughts of self worth in this community. He seems to genuinely believe anyone who doesn't 100% buy in to his lunacy deserves the worst.

duncan_idaho 10-18-2014 08:54 AM

I know people love Frank White because of what he did as a player, but he was not a good TV announcer/color man.

Boring, bland, complacent and not nearly as insightful as some think.

Lex Luthor 10-18-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11025067)
Whats really sad in all this is we have a retired number for a guy that isn't associated with the team at all now. Regardless of who initiated the split, that is just sad.

I can think of an easy fix for that.

KCUnited 10-18-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11025048)
I'm telling you. Phys + Hud + a Royals "insider" who is straight-laced and by-the-book would be a good-to-great baseball telecast.

I disagree. I hate the 3 man baseball booth. I like watching baseball, not hearing a bunch of dudes fill the entire inning with words. While Hud has gotten better, imo, adding a 3rd person would be word overkill for me.

Deberg_1990 10-18-2014 09:11 AM

HUD is more than happy to 'kiss that ass'. White should have known better than to bite the hand that feeds.

If fans want critical sports analysis, that's what the local papers, ESPNs and CNNSI's of the world are for. Not company employees.

SAUTO 10-18-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11024755)
Whats with all the Frank white bashing?

who is bashing?