ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *** OFFICIAL Pay it Forward/Random acts of kindness thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285836)

Kyle DeLexus 08-27-2014 09:01 PM

There was this college football player (I think he played for USC) that jumped off like the 20th floor of a building to save his drowning nephew and his dog. I guess the dog was trying to save the kid but since it only had 3 legs it just kept going in circles. Anyway this pay it forward hero broke every bone in both legs and is probably out for the season and some jerkoffs are trying to say he was running from the police or something.

Simply Red 08-27-2014 09:35 PM

Lately about the most I've done is given a homeless man some food - last winter I gave him blankets and a prepaid QT gift-card for $50

About three weeks ago I sold this reeruned broad a $1,000.00 computer for $200.

Simply Red 08-27-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Sport (Post 10840774)
I will never forget this one Christmas Eve about six years ago. It was very cold and I was pissed because I had to get to the mall to exchange a few things at the last minute and it was getting dark near closing time. As I approached the mall entrance I heard the faint whimpers of what seemed to be a young child. I glanced over and noticed a kid no more than 12 years old sitting in an alcove and sobbing into his gloves. I approached and asked him what happened and my heart sank as he told his story.

His mother was busy and had dropped him off with three $100 bills instructing him to buy presents for his three younger siblings while she was at work and would pick him up later. He said before he even got in the mall two bigger kids began taunting him and took two of the $100 bills. I asked him if he tried to run or shout for help and he told me he did. I asked him how he did it and in the faintest voice I have ever heard he cried, "help!" It was at this point I knew there was no way anyone could have heard him so I took the other $100 bill and got the hell out of there.

http://i.imgur.com/vznB8VO.jpg

cdcox 08-27-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10837414)
I've never done anything that elaborate really.

I always hold doors. I always wait and stop signs and let the other person go. When we're trying to exit a crowded parking lot, like after a Chiefs game, I let other people go before me.

I found that over time, more people do the same for me if I keep doing it.

Our church does a lot of stuff too. We house and run the county food pantry and we buy stuff for shut-ins and the poor.

When you are driving, every time you are nice and let someone in front of you, you are being a dick to every single person behind you. Food for thought.

htismaqe 08-27-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10855396)
When you are driving, every time you are nice and let someone in front of you, you are being a dick to every single person behind you. Food for thought.

Wrong.

There's no reason the people behind me can't wait an extra 30 seconds or so. That's silly.

Simply Red 08-27-2014 09:46 PM

One in - One out - that's the concept.

cdcox 08-27-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10855401)
Wrong.

There's no reason the people behind me can't wait an extra 30 seconds or so. That's silly.

I multiply the number of people behind me by the time they will have to wait and compare that to the estimate of how long the person who is waiting will have to wait until another schmuck lets them in. I'm doing far more good by not letting them in.

BigRedChief 09-11-2014 08:19 PM

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...-photos-28.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts 09-11-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10837427)
Want to pay it forward? That's just fine. But it's not supposed to be this whole "look at what I did" type of bullshit.

Pest walks the walk on this. I could give examples but he'd rather I not.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-11-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10855388)
Lately about the most I've done is given a homeless man some food - last winter I gave him blankets and a prepaid QT gift-card for $50

About three weeks ago I sold this reeruned broad a $1,000.00 computer for $200.

SR sent me a free lower level ticket to the broncos Chiefs game last year where I met DT's son. Pretty awesome.

ptlyon 09-12-2014 03:59 PM

Does the price of my ticket to the titans game count?

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-12-2014 04:46 PM

This thread is an inspiration. Now I'm thinking about giving semen to my house cleaning lady.

a pp roach 09-12-2014 04:49 PM

I dropped a receipt today in a parking lot and didn't pick it up. I was very kind to that receipt and let it have its freedom.