ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life -- Let's try to discuss variations of the Grilled Cheese Sandwich. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284652)

BucEyedPea 06-26-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10717997)
Thats right down my alley to.

LMAO

srvy 06-26-2014 11:15 PM

I respect the co-jack and love a hunk of it with a slice of summer sausage. I have tried it in a GC but still prefer the american.

TimBone 06-26-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10718010)
I respect the co-jack and love a hunk of it with a slice of summer sausage. I have tried it in a GC but still prefer the american.

Good to hear. I've never tried it with summer sausage, but I can understand how that would work.

Simply Red 06-26-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10718014)
Good to hear. I've never tried it with summer sausage, but I can understand how that would work.

how do you feel about Colby bud?

TimBone 06-26-2014 11:17 PM

Btw SR is turning the food thread into an art form. Well Done, sir.

Also, do we have just a straight up sandwich thread? A place where I could describe the best sandwich I've ever had?

Simply Red 06-26-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10718018)
Btw SR is turning the food thread into an art form. Well Done, sir.

Also, do we have just a straight up sandwich thread? A place where I could describe the best sandwich I've ever had?

right here bud - please rock that shit right ****ing here, champ.

Simply Red 06-26-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10718005)
I forgot about Gouda--another cheese I like. That Brie-Gouda, onion and
fig sounds and looks great.

would that combo - totally.

Do you like Fontina? It works well w/ sauteed vidalia onions.

TimBone 06-26-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10718017)
how do you feel about Colby bud?

Love it. It's my go to in general for sandwiches.

srvy 06-26-2014 11:25 PM

If I layed out a hunk of co-jack and a snickers candy bar side by side. Then asked my son to choose he would go co-jack every time. He loves cheese.

Simply Red 06-26-2014 11:25 PM

How about someone try this? - (This may not belong here neither, but)

Grilled Filet + Carmelized Onions + Fontina Cheese, bacon.

Simply Red 06-26-2014 11:28 PM

I have a fond memory of stopping at the IGA (Stover, Missouri) en route to the lake cabin - and going to the deli - they'd slice that big tubular longhorn colby and grandma would go REAL thin, it made great sandwiches. you'll notice almost everything tastes better 'slivered thin'

TimBone 06-26-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10718021)
right here bud - please rock that shit right ****ing here, champ.

When I was stationed in Troy, Alabama in 2006, my boss handed me a sandwich she had ordered from a little sandwich shop next to the college. She ordered it for herself, but got called to a last minute meeting, and gave it to me to enjoy.

Pretty simple sandwich. Roast beef, pepper jack cheese, Jalepeno, and mustard on large pieces of fresh, white bread. I'm talking so fresh that when you bite into that bread, it sticks to the roof of your mouth. It was wonderful. I've tried recreating that sandwich a million times since I left Troy. I've never been able to make it quite as good though. What a wonderful sandwich.

TimBone 06-26-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10718029)
If I layed out a hunk of co-jack and a snickers candy bar side by side. Then asked my son to choose he would go co-jack every time. He loves cheese.

Your raising a good one, bud.

srvy 06-26-2014 11:39 PM

nothing to do with grilled cheese but seen this somewhere. Basta Pasta in NYC cook's and serves there there pasta right from the Parmesan cheese wheel.

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bpho...9hxDTUjw/l.jpg

Simply Red 06-26-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10718034)
When I was stationed in Troy, Alabama in 2006, my boss handed me a sandwich she had ordered from a little sandwich shop next to the college. She ordered it for herself, but got called to a last minute meeting, and gave it to me to enjoy.

Pretty simple sandwich. Roast beef, pepper jack cheese, Jalepeno, and mustard on large pieces of fresh, white bread. I'm talking so fresh that when you bite into that bread, it sticks to the roof of your mouth. It was wonderful. I've tried recreating that sandwich a million times since I left Troy. I've never been able to make it quite as good though. What a wonderful sandwich.

You need to sliver things VERY thin - it really helps - even lettuce