ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-20-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10704085)
#PopovichshitsonRiley

This

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-20-2014 12:08 PM

Cleveland with an interesting move

RustShack 06-20-2014 12:52 PM

So ****ing glad we got Blatt. He's won everywhere he's been, and usually with lesser talented teams beating teams that he shouldn't be. He's an icon in Europe and reguarded as a offensive genius. His teams play very unselfishly and play good defense too. Excited to see what he does with all the young talent in Cleveland, and the top pick in the best draft since '03.

RustShack 06-20-2014 12:54 PM

First guy to ever jump from Europe to NBA too. Golden State and the Timberwolves showed interest in him this year, and Boston did last year.

Al Bundy 06-20-2014 10:31 PM

Love not going to be a Warrior, Wolves want too much.

KC_Connection 06-21-2014 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10704032)
1) I think the Embiid stuff is somewhat of an overblown smokescreen and he still goes #1 overall. If the Cavs draft Parker they have to sell the Notorious DNP for 10 cents on the dollar. It's not as bad if they draft Wiggins, but Waiters and Irving still dominate the ball too much for an effective scoring wing to maximize his abilities.

Wouldn't surprise me. Based on potential alone, I'd still take Embiid over anybody. But I'm not the GM who has to take the injury risk with him. Either way, I can't see him dropping past 3 or 4.

Quote:

2) Whoever trades for Love won't be happy with him. Yes, he plays in the West, but he's not a winning player; he's a stat whore, and you'll only win a title if he's no higher than the third best player on the team.
Had an argument with my brother a while back about Love's viability on a potential contender. He believed the same as you about Love, but I suggested he could be a #2 for a winner as long as there is a strong defensive center playing with him that could cover up his defensive weaknesses.

chiefzilla1501 06-21-2014 02:22 AM

Quote:

It was a desperation move; it's the only one he has, because he has no assets to play.

Regarding other potential moves:

1) I think the Embiid stuff is somewhat of an overblown smokescreen and he still goes #1 overall. If the Cavs draft Parker they have to sell the Notorious DNP for 10 cents on the dollar. It's not as bad if they draft Wiggins, but Waiters and Irving still dominate the ball too much for an effective scoring wing to maximize his abilities.

2) Whoever trades for Love won't be happy with him. Yes, he plays in the West, but he's not a winning player; he's a stat whore, and you'll only win a title if he's no higher than the third best player on the team.

With the hiring of Blatt, I think the pick has to be Wiggins. The guy plays outstanding defense and plays very unselfish basketball. At the very least, you have a guy who will unselfishly play within the system and that's a good thing to have when you have teammates who love to control the ball. I don't know how you can sell in Parker unless you want to go really safe.

KC_Connection 06-21-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10706093)
With the hiring of Blatt, I think the pick has to be Wiggins. The guy plays outstanding defense and plays very unselfish basketball. At the very least, you have a guy who will unselfishly play within the system and that's a good thing to have when you have teammates who love to control the ball. I don't know how you can sell in Parker unless you want to go really safe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LXt5JtlWnps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game told me all I needed to know about his potential to be a 2 way star in the NBA. So young and so many things left to improve upon (including his mentality), but if Cleveland doesn't want to take the Embiid risk, you'd think it would be him.

chiefzilla1501 06-21-2014 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10706102)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LXt5JtlWnps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game told me all I needed to know about his potential to be a 2 way star in the NBA. So young and so many things left to improve upon (including his mentality), but if Cleveland doesn't want to take the Embiid risk, you'd think it would be him.

I know it can't be Parker. Plays average defense and is a score first, sometimes poor shot selection player. Bad fit for Blatt's system where he wants great passers, unselfishly play, and guys who can defend.

Keep in mind that Blatt has some good system players who can play at Center. Varejao and Thompson and potentially they can also bring Hawes back, which is an ideal fit. They are hilariously light at Small Forward. So even with a healthy Embiid, Embiid is an obvious choice but Wiggins is such a nice fit that the pick would still be justified.

You really couldn't ask for a better situation for Wiggins. Coached by a great coach and put in a situation where not only does he not have to be "the guy," but his moving the ball around would actually be highly encouraged. That will give him time to develop, as a lot of his deficiencies can be coached.

okcchief 06-21-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

It was a desperation move; it's the only one he has, because he has no assets to play.

Regarding other potential moves:

I agree on Love.

okcchief 06-21-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10706089)
Wouldn't surprise me. Based on potential alone, I'd still take Embiid over anybody. But I'm not the GM who has to take the injury risk with him. Either way, I can't see him dropping past 3 or 4.

Had an argument with my brother a while back about Love's viability on a potential contender. He believed the same as you about Love, but I suggested he could be a #2 for a winner as long as there is a strong defensive center playing with him that could cover up his defensive weaknesses.

I would agree on that as well. Houston would probably be the best spot for him, but I don't see them making a play.

KevB 06-21-2014 08:55 AM

If you were Cleveland, would you take #3 and Thad Young (very solid player) for #1? Then take Embiid at 3 and wait for him to fully heal? Tough decisions for the Cavs.

RustShack 06-21-2014 06:51 PM

Why is Wiggins being labeled as a SG? He isn't going to Cleveland if he's playing guard with Irving and Waiters already there. Embiid was going to be the pick if his back checked out 100%, so idk what's happening now with the foot. But they also do love Parker.

Al Bundy 06-21-2014 07:31 PM

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...9132&utm_tags=

GloucesterChief 06-21-2014 07:34 PM

For a C back and foot injuries are major concerns.