ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Fix is in (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284038)

cosmo20002 05-31-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10663151)
ROFL You're too much!

That's what she said.

I don't really get why you're saying it though.

BigRedChief 05-31-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10661924)
Can we get some context before I watch a 20 minute video?

JFC

No shit. Horrible opening post. Just a link to a you tube clip.

Demonpenz 05-31-2014 11:08 PM

The chiefs have a bumble **** of an owner and a shit for brains coach.

Gadzooks 06-01-2014 12:22 AM

The NHL is, or at least was, fixed. In 1993 ABC had a huge contract with the NHL.
The Montreal Canadiens had beaten the NY Islanders in the Eastern conference finals.
The Toronto Maple Leafs were playing the L.A. Kings in the Western finals. Who do you think ABC wanted to advance to the finals? The rest of the world knew that a Toronto/ Montreal final would have been awesome and the Leafs, at that time would have probably won.
It just so happens that Wayne Gretzky was playing for the Kings, the second largest TV market in the US.

Take a look at this tape from the game where Gretzky gives a high stick, (automatic penalty), to Toronto Captain Doug Gilmour:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RgRTQvXM5Mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gilmour goes off to get 8 stitches while Gretzky scores the game winner.

Here's the reaction of Don Cherry:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/55FNNOh04Us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

millz 06-01-2014 02:11 AM

^ the mafia controls and runs the montreal canadiens. the leafs too are cursed and not allowed to win another cup, last year against boston proved that.

sorry for not writing an opening post, i just felt there was too much to type. i don't want to be labeled or considered a conspiracy theorist, i just think we can't trust these leagues and too many coincidences and perfect happy endings.

the patriots and giants superbowls were laughable, the wes welker drop, the david tyree catch with the obvious holding on the giants. favre's countless late championship game picks, KC's constant choking and blatant weird calls against them ( no denying this, always felt like there was a weird conspiracy regarding KC )

Baby Lee 06-01-2014 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10662800)
No it doesn't. That's just ****ing stupid.

But even using your ticket "loophole," a football "game" implies that it is an actual competitive, fair game. If it had a determined outcome, it would be a performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10663020)
Fraud, bribery, racketeering, probably several others.

Why would bribery or racketeering be involved in an NFL agreement to edge referee decisions to favor storylines.

That's different from saying a player was constrained to underperform, or the whole thing is controlled organized crime betting interests.

The closest thing is the Quiz Show scandal, but that was explicitly two independent competitors. The NFL is a 32 team single unit.

TEX 06-01-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10663335)
Why would bribery or racketeering be involved in an NFL agreement to edge referee decisions to favor storylines.

That's different from saying a player was constrained to underperform, or the whole thing is controlled organized crime betting interests.

The closest thing is the Quiz Show scandal, but that was explicitly two independent competitors. The NFL is a 32 team single unit.

:clap: Exactly the case. It had also been successfully argued as such in court. You're wasting your time with Cosmo though. He is hopelessly stuck on his point of view. If this were the early 1500's he'd still be arguing that the world was flat ...

beach tribe 06-01-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10663232)
Wtf? According to you, the're the ones making the calls/non calls to affect the game. So the league trusts them to keep that secret yet locks them out and keeps them from being full time employees. How does that work?

I called it a multimillion dollar secret because that's what it would be worth to any of them to "blow the whistle". Pun intended.

kccrow 06-01-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10663181)
:facepalm:

You missed the whole point yet you think you proved it...

No, I missed not a single point.

You want the answers? The NFL does not fix games.

All I backed up was the fact that if the NFL refs were being bribed to throw contests, then those bribing would be subject to very stiff fines and up to 5 years in prison.

Now go back to your self-esteem boosting party.

bowener 06-01-2014 04:58 PM

Isn't the NFL legally allowed to make games more "exciting", but not allowed to ultimately fix the outcome, since their whole purpose is entertainment? The NBA obviously does this. The majority of their ****ing playoff games come down to 1 point. No way that happens without the refs keeping that shit close. This is what TV contracts do to a league. Nobody wants to watch a football team lose 43 to 8. That is a lot of ads wasted once people tune out. I guarantee that will be the last Super Bowl blow out for a while.

kccrow 06-01-2014 06:02 PM

Its gotta be fixed to keep games close...
... despite there's about as many blowouts in NFL Super Bowl history as there are close games.
... despite the league has seen many small market teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, and Indianapolis winning recently.
... despite the fact that there is about a 33% changeover in teams making the playoffs every year.
... despite the fact that there is not one shred of evidence to support the conspiracy theory that then NFL fixes games aside from the assertion that referees miss calls or make bad calls, which the NFL penalizes them for when warranted.

I love a good conspiracy theory, hell I love when they are actually proved true, but the NFL fixing outcomes is ridiculous.

cosmo20002 06-01-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10663335)

Referees would be receiving something of value to inappropriately alter the outcome of a game.

Aren't you an attorney? You don't see any laws being broken? ****ing moron...

cosmo20002 06-01-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10663539)
:clap: Exactly the case. It had also been successfully argued as such in court. You're wasting your time with Cosmo though. He is hopelessly stuck on his point of view. If this were the early 1500's he'd still be arguing that the world was flat ...

What has been successfully argued in court? Link it, while you're at it.