ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft If Teddy Bridgewater really does fall, do you draft him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283127)

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-20-2014 11:07 PM

Bray and Bridgewater both require work, therefore they are the same. Sacc really needs to kill himself.

Also, I'm not super high on Bridgewater, but that's pretty good surplus value. The Chiefs aren't winning anything with their current roster construction, so they might as well build towards a workable future rather than just making sure that Arrowhead is a hopping scene for murderers and barbeque-engorged Jabbas.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10575540)
Bray and Bridgewater both require work, therefore they are the same. Sacc really needs to kill himself.

Didn't I just say that? That both are projects/groomers and that we already have Bray on the roster in that role - a guy who has tools for the trade?

Quote:

Also, I'm not super high on Bridgewater, but that's pretty good surplus value. The Chiefs aren't winning anything with their current roster construction, so they might as well build towards a workable future rather than just making sure that Arrowhead is a hopping scene for murderers and barbeque-engorged Jabbas.
Actually, they won nine more games than the previous season with that current roster, coaching staff and front office, fyi. Their QB position is pretty young and has shown the capacity to win. So let's just keep adding to it for the sake of being able to tell everyone we finally got that first round QB of our very own.

I'd say that's worth a shot of attempting to put together a relatively well stocked team versus pissing away a first round draft pick on a guy who, for all intent and purpose, is a lesser version (less arm, less size) of what they picked up for free last season (Bray).

keg in kc 04-21-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575469)
You really start rebuilding a team by trading the 1st pick of the 2nd round and next year's 2nd rounder for a QB?

You do if a QB you like and that you view as a long-term answer is available. I would assume they expect him to play until his mid 30s, so we're probably talking in the neighborhood of 7 years as a starter here, for all the talk about it being a "win now" move. I think it's always been a multifaceted trade, a known quantity at QB to build around now while at the same time a guy who's young enough to play for a number of years.

So while I've never been a fan of Alex Smith and I was never in favor of the move (particularly for the price they overpaid), I do understand the philosophy behind it. He was Reid's guy and he was available. That's kind of a no-brainer from their perspective.

I just don't have much faith that he can be as good as they apparently believe that he can.

Dunerdr 04-21-2014 04:19 AM

No only because I heard Tyler Wilson is available.

The Bad Guy 04-21-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10575387)
This is how stupid people get around here about the proverbial "QBOTF" first round pick.

The single biggest hole on this entire team is at OG, but you see people ridiculing that position as a possible pick because they think that if we don't use a first round pick on a QB right ****ing now that the sun will implode, go super nova and swallow the earth.

The QB position is the last one that needs to be addressed. They've got Smith - a guy who can win in the playoffs, Daniel showed he's a capable backup in the San Diego game and you got a rookie last season who has all the tools to be an elite level guy at the position. What else do you need at the position? So, let's summarize...a 29 year old starter with playoff experience, a 27 year old backup and a 22 year old dude with the tools to groom.

Yeah, let's use that first round pick on another QB. That makes sense.

Oh, that's right, we need to draft our own first round pick who we all know will be in the ****ing Hall of Fame because the Chiefs would draft him. That's why we wanted Jimmy Clausen. Because we'd finally get that Hall of Fame QB and he'd be all ours and nobody else's and we'd have picked him in the first round and the curse of Blackledge will be finally off this team and we'll win the Super Bowl in his rookie season because he'd be the starter because he'd be our first round pick and nobody else's and we'd be the envy of the league because we'd have a first round QB picked who will be in the Hall of Fame who will win the Super Bowl his rookie year because we picked him in the first round.

That's why.

Jesus ****. No, the single biggest hole on this team is not at OG. You can not straight faced post that you wouldn't take Bridgewater because it would be a wasted pick and then advocate to take a guard at 23. No ****ing way.

BlackHelicopters 04-21-2014 06:41 AM

No.

Chiefnj2 04-21-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10575459)
If you draft him, let him sit for a year, Let Alex walk and dont pay him a big contract, then you can sign some playmakers.

As shitty as this franchise has been, i say you just draft him, if he's the number 1 guy. I do want to win now, but if this gives us a chance at a real QBOTF, then you always always take that chance.

With that being said. We are the ****ing Chiefs, we arent drafting a stinking qb.

You can't let Smith walk after giving up two second round picks and designing the offense around him.

Dr. Van Halen 04-21-2014 07:26 AM

The stats on taking a QB who isn't a consensus #1 or #2 overall draft pick aren't good. I mean, the draft is one big crap shoot, but the dice seem loaded against mid-late round QB's in recent years (I only went back 5 years).

Simplicity 04-21-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10575625)
You can't let Smith walk after giving up two second round picks and designing the offense around him.

Yeah, you can.

duncan_idaho 04-21-2014 07:57 AM

I would strongly consider it. I'm not a huge Bridgewater fan, but if the focus of this offseason/draft is rebuilding with cheap, young talent, a slipping QB can be a big piece of that.

Everything they've done so far this offseason has indicated they are NOT in win-now mode. In that case, you take the best player with the most upside at No. 23 (and every other pick). You never draft for need unless you're drafting to add the final piece of a championship puzzle (and even then, I'd lean to drafting the upside over the fit).

Chief_For_Life58 04-21-2014 08:07 AM

we didn't have any money to spend this offseason though right? I still think we're in win now mode. Our core players are about to hit their downhill. take the best wr at 23 or just bpa and play for another wild card

Chief_For_Life58 04-21-2014 08:08 AM

bpa = anything but qb at 23

duncan_idaho 04-21-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10575673)
we didn't have any money to spend this offseason though right? I still think we're in win now mode. Our core players are about to hit their downhill. take the best wr at 23 or just bpa and play for another wild card

If you're in win-now mode, you can always create some cap space by moving around contracts.

RealSNR 04-21-2014 08:24 AM

A rookie guard is probably going to suck dick if you fill him in immediately as a starter.

At least your rookie QB will be on the bench for the first year.

ChiTown 04-21-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10575601)
Jesus ****. No, the single biggest hole on this team is not at OG. You can not straight faced post that you wouldn't take Bridgewater because it would be a wasted pick and then advocate to take a guard at 23. No ****ing way.

:clap: - Teddy is Ready

If he is available, which I can't believe he would be, you jump on that shit like it's the winning lotto ticket