ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Cliff Alexander chooses KU...here's the live Illinois student reaction (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278655)

Imon Yourside 11-16-2013 04:10 PM

So much butthurt, just as an FYI Baron Davis did that to KU. Oh and **** Baron Davis. :D

Bambi 11-16-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10192089)
It's amazing how you all are just angry little trolls when KU is the topic.

Chiefs - normal.
Royals - normal.
KU - seething bags of puss-filled bitterness.

It's amazing. Same thing happens on twitter. Go search Mizzou on twitter right now and half the results are discussing KU.

They level of obsession is near unfathomable.

Eleazar 11-16-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10192108)
It's amazing. Same thing happens on twitter. Go search Mizzou on twitter right now and half the results are discussing KU.

They level of obsession is near unfathomable.

Is this like last week when frazod mentioned KU in our football thread and there were 2 or 3 posts about it, and then you went over and said half the posts were about KU?

KC_Connection 11-16-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10192013)
Nope. Old enough to know better. Still a douche.

Nonsense. He's a kid playing a trick on a bunch of other kids who clearly take high school basketball recruiting way too seriously.

GloryDayz 11-16-2013 04:21 PM

I'm not big into basketball, but how the **** does it come down to picking between those two schools? Seems like an insult to KU actually...

Bambi 11-16-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10192111)
Is this like last week when frazod mentioned KU in our football thread and there were 2 or 3 posts about it, and then you went over and said half the posts were about KU?

It's probably cooled off being that mizzou has a bball game tonight but earlier it was wild.

Ceej 11-16-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10192123)
I'm not big into basketball, but how the **** does it come down to picking between those two schools? Seems like an insult to KU actually...

Because the kid lives in Chicago.

GloryDayz 11-16-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10192128)

Oh, I guess that makes a little sense then.

Well, either way, I'm sure when they sober up they'll understand that if you're going to play basketball, KU is one of the schools where the next level will be a much better possibility, so he made the right choice I suspect.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-16-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10192126)
It's probably cooled off being that mizzou has a bball game tonight but earlier it was wild.

You tend to lie a lot, sooo....

Ceej 11-16-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10192137)
Oh, I guess that makes a little sense then.

Well, either way, I'm sure when they sober up they'll understand that if you're going to play basketball, KU is one of the schools where the next level will be a much better possibility, so he made the right choice I suspect.

There are so many variables. Plus, these are still technically kids. I couldn't imagine making some of their decisions.

RealSNR 11-16-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10192128)

Yep. DePaul was another school he had considered.

Pablo 11-16-2013 04:30 PM

Ah, the classic MU butt-hurt.

Feels good. Feels real good.

I assure you no KU fan will give one shit about this kid's hat antics when he's crashing the boards and eating souls.

Eleazar 11-16-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10192126)

What is the twitterverse supposed to do? Kansas winning a football game is a notable event. It's not quite the miracle on ice, but it will definitely make some people say "Well holy shit, look at that."

GloryDayz 11-16-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10192146)
There are so many variables. Plus, these are still technically kids. I couldn't imagine making some of their decisions.

Very true... And more often than not they have overbearing parents who might not be helping as much as hurting. But I'm glad to see they've worked hard and are getting the chance to make such a choice.

While sports or the most celebrated, my kid is going through the same thing (albeit not full rides) on the academic side of the house, and it's fun to watch. That being said, I'm doing everything I can to support him in making a good decision for himself, his future, the college experience HE wants, and just calm down. He's no star athlete, but the pressure he's putting on himself is epic.

Eleazar 11-16-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10192153)
Ah, the classic MU butt-hurt.

Feels good. Feels real good.

I assure you no KU fan will give one shit about this kid's hat antics when he's crashing the boards and eating souls.

We were laughing at this along with you guys.

It's the beakers in here who are talking about basketball recruiting the day their football team won for the first time in damn near four years. (surprise)