ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What is the most obscure country from which you've met a person? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278428)

ciaomichael 11-08-2013 04:22 PM

In college, my roommate was from Iran. This was during the height of the Iranian hostage crisis. Boy, did he get shit everywhere he went.

Sad thing was, he was in a Jewish minority over in Iran and recently came to the U.S. to escape persecution over there. Poor guy - he was literally like a man without a country.

007 11-08-2013 04:35 PM

I've met someone from Australia and from jamaica. The rest are all in the US.

prhom 11-08-2013 04:44 PM

Do I get double points for answering the poll while actually in Nicaragua?

Rain Man 11-08-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 10170466)
Do I get double points for answering the poll while actually in Nicaragua?

Only if you meet a Honduran while you're there.

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2013 05:14 PM

I live in an international city, so I've met and worked with people from Laos, Cambodia, the Philippines, Uruguay, Paraguay, Guyana, South Korea and even met a guy from Kentucky once (and man, was HE weird).

I met a lady at a party 2 weeks ago from Ecuador. Her English was very good and she was very nice.

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10170519)

We had a housekeeper for a few years that was from El Salvador.

She would get pissed off if people had referred to her as Mexican at any point in her life.

I never understood why.

Easy 6 11-08-2013 05:17 PM

When I bartended at a Crowne Plaza hotel, one my best work pals was from Eritrea, truly one of the most kindhearted, sweetest guys you could ever want to meet.

That place specialized in international staff, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Croatia, Bosnia, Italy, several African nations, those and several others i've forgotten were all represented.

I tried sooo hard to hook up with this girl from Norway, my Lord she was just incredible, straight from a postcard... tall, platinum blond... mercy.

But she was already hooked up with a genuine, all American asshole and couldn't be pried loose.

Gadzooks 11-08-2013 05:17 PM

Bigdorkistan. LMAO

SAUTO 11-08-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10170542)
When I bartended at a Crowne Plaza hotel, one my best work pals was from Eritrea, truly one of the most kindhearted, sweetest guys you could ever want to meet.

That place specialized in international staff, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Croatia, Bosnia, Italy, several African nations, those and several others i've forgotten were all represented.

I tried sooo hard to hook up with this girl from Norway, my Lord she was just incredible, straight from a postcard... tall, platinum blond... mercy.

But she was already hooked up with a genuine, all American asshole and couldn't be pried loose.

Damn you. I figured I was going to be the Eritrea contingent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 11-08-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10170553)
Damn you. I figured I was going to be the Eritrea contingent.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO sorry.

On another point, 99% of everyone i've ever met from anywhere in Africa has been one of the nicest, most smiling people you could ever meet.

loochy 11-08-2013 05:25 PM

In college I knew twins from Moldova.

Lonewolf Ed 11-08-2013 05:27 PM

Laos and Sudan.

prhom 11-08-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10170519)

Sweet, did that earlier this week, while traveling with a Costa Rican, Canadian, and a Brit!

SAUTO 11-08-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10170559)
LMAO sorry.

On another point, 99% of everyone i've ever met from anywhere in Africa has been one of the nicest, most smiling people you could ever meet.

This guy was nice as can be, but had been in the military since ten, iirc, and once we ran in to a couple guys from Ethiopia.

He was ready to kill. Like totally flipped a switch for a minute. Then got control and chilled out.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefer 11-08-2013 05:37 PM

Mozambique. Had high school English with a kid from there. I had never heard of it. He was the best soccer player we had.