ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI : Chiefs have a problem and his name is Dwayne Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277331)

beach tribe 10-11-2013 07:44 PM

I fully expect Bowe to be huge in the 2nd half of the season. Hell, by the time week 10 rolls around all of this will be forgotten.
He has not been a focal point of the offense thus far.
The O is a work in progress, Reid will find a way to get him more involved and take advantage of his skill set

Now worried about Bowe one bit.

Nirvana58 10-11-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10073999)

Some of these screen shots show Bowe basically being wide open deep and Alex not even looking his direction. I just watch the games and don't study film but it to me it looks like we don't even target Bowe. Bowe was thrown at what liike 5 times in the Titans game. It's frustrating and hopefully our offence eventually learns how to use all our weapons

vailpass 10-11-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 10074062)
Some of these screen shots show Bowe basically being wide open deep and Alex not even looking his direction. I just watch the games and don't study film but it to me it looks like we don't even target Bowe. Bowe was thrown at what liike 5 times in the Titans game. It's frustrating and hopefully our offence eventually learns how to use all our weapons

How much of that is on coaching?

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10074053)
High paid 1s can come off the bump and run routes. I like Bowe and think he's a 1 but bumps are no excuse...

not always. just last week Bowe caught a huge TD where he did his thang plowing guys from 20 yards out, so he's not always failing either.

keep in mind this is a whole new offensive system and Bowe isn't the only player struggling. plus, got to have blocking for a pass offense and it just isn't there so far.

vailpass 10-11-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10074069)
not always. just last week Bowe caught a huge TD where he did his thang plowing guys from 20 yards out, so he's not always failing either.

keep in mind this is a whole new offensive system and Bowe isn't the only player struggling. plus, got to have blocking for a pass offense and it just isn't there so far.

Yeah, I'm sure that's a big part of it...

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 10074062)

you like pictures, don't you.

if you had taken the time to actually read the article, you'd have read the part where the writer acknowledges Bowe is used to draw coverages so other players can benefit. complicated, I know.

mikey23545 10-11-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10074027)
Like it a lot.

See, Mikey? I think if you took off your tinfoil hat and stopped blaming the world's problems on the Illuminati, Obama, and people who like Geno Smith, you'd be a much happier person, and you wouldn't look like such a giant jackass when talking about football.

If you'd quit stumbling through life blinded by your prejudices, convinced of your own infallibility, you'd sound a lot more intelligent.

Nirvana58 10-11-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10074087)
you like pictures, don't you.

if you had taken the time to actually read the article, you'd have read the part where the writer acknowledges Bowe is used to draw coverages so other players can benefit. complicated, I know.

Yeah I read the article... However, I can make my own observations when looking at the examples. Especially when Bowe is by far the most open reciever in the screen shot. Even the author admits that Alex locked onto Charles in the I believe third example and probably should have looked Bowes way. I'm sorry that I would think that we use our number 1 reciever who we paid a shit ton of money as more than just a decoy. Instead of giving more looks in the Titans game to a guy off the street named Chad Hall.

T-post Tom 10-11-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10073962)
Bowe was never explosive, and never beat coverage. He has a QB that does not play to his strengths, and won't throw to him while he's "covered".

BS. He's not playing like he has in the past. Don't know why. For f**ks sake, RECEIVERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BEAT COVERAGE. imho...;)

Brock 10-11-2013 08:13 PM

It's just much easier to throw to Charles.

O.city 10-11-2013 08:16 PM

I think this is a big part of Andy trying/saying he wants to get Alex more aggressive. A lot oft imes, they're having Bowe run more downfield routes, but Alex has already decided to throw it elsewhere.

He's going to have to trust the ol, hold the ball a bit longer, and take some shots down field to Bowe.

Mr. Laz 10-11-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 10073941)
He's getting it done more than not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 10073943)
According to Smith, Bowe gets double teamed which opens things up for Avery.
Edit: This was in the Eagles post game interview.
Posted via Mobile Device

have you watched the games?

I can remember the titans doubling Bowe about 3 times all game long and that was more 1 1/2 coverage because of a zone bracket.

McCourty didn't fear Bowe a single bit

It's not all Bowe, Alex Smith doesn't trust wide receivers. He wants to see the guy open before he makes a throw. It doesn't help that when Smith did trust Bowe on that slant, Bowe screwed up. Alex Smith is not a guy who is going to throw a receiver open.

gotta hope that Bowe makes a few plays so Alex Smith starts to trust him.

But Bowe is not getting open consistently

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 10074104)
Yeah I read the article... However, I can make my own observations when looking at the examples. Especially when Bowe is by far the most open reciever in the screen shot. Even the author admits that Alex locked onto Charles in the I believe third example and probably should have looked Bowes way. I'm sorry that I would think that we use our number 1 reciever who we paid a shit ton of money as more than just a decoy. Instead of giving more looks in the Titans game to a guy off the street named Chad Hall.

I wont argue with stupid.

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10074135)
have you watched the games?

I can remember the titans doubling Bowe about 3 times all game long and that was more 1 1/2 coverage because of a zone bracket.

McCourty didn't fear Bowe a single bit

It's not all Bowe, Alex Smith doesn't trust wide receivers. He wants to see the guy open before he makes a throw. It doesn't help that when Smith did trust Bowe on that slant, Bowe screwed up. Alex Smith is not a guy who is going to throw a receiver open.

gotta hope that Bowe makes a few plays so Alex Smith starts to trust him.

But Bowe is not getting open consistently

that's not true -- Avery was not "wide open" last week when Smiff turned it loose. Twice.

Ragged Robin 10-11-2013 08:25 PM

It's a work in progress. All new offenses take a while before they can gel. We're only a quarter of the season in. We'll see more big plays once Fasano gets back into the lineup and the offense settles in.