ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***OFFICIAL USMNT SOCCER THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274788)

|Zach| 07-28-2013 06:10 PM

I think a team in JAX is great but the idea that it will trump a place that has actually been doing it right feels extremely cart before horse.

Setsuna 07-28-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9841743)
That is silly. OC has been supported so well they are basically a shoe in to be the next MLS team. They average about 8k fans a game for an NASL team. When has Jacksonville ever cared about anything?

You're talking about Orlando? Well maybe not Orlando but you can at least admit South Florida professional teams aren't known for their fan support. Well that's fine if they get into the MLS. I think they want to get it to 16 teams so we still got a shot anyway. I'll be supporting this Jax team though as I have always said to friends and family that we should get a soccer team.

SPATCH 07-28-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9841743)
That is silly. OC has been supported so well they are basically a shoe in to be the next MLS team. They average about 8k fans a game for an NASL team. When has Jacksonville ever cared about anything?

Aren't David Beckham and some Columbian billionaire planning on starting an expansion team in Miami? Read they would be the next expansion team (following NYFC)

|Zach| 07-29-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9842274)
Aren't David Beckham and some Columbian billionaire planning on starting an expansion team in Miami? Read they would be the next expansion team (following NYFC)

It is possible they have looong way to go though as far as being set and getting a stadium plan as well as convincing Miami to care. Haha.

It could happen but OC is next in the pipeline.

|Zach| 07-29-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9842122)
You're talking about Orlando? Well maybe not Orlando but you can at least admit South Florida professional teams aren't known for their fan support. Well that's fine if they get into the MLS. I think they want to get it to 16 teams so we still got a shot anyway. I'll be supporting this Jax team though as I have always said to friends and family that we should get a soccer team.

Yes. Orlando has some of the best non MLS support around.

memyselfI 07-29-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9833253)
bump, just so the anti soccer whiney folks will whine some more

They are kind of stoooooopid bunch aren't they? They'd rather get their knickers in a twist, pop Midol like Tic-Tac, and whine like preschoolers on speed than simply ignore the threads. ROFLROFLROFL

memyselfI 07-29-2013 06:05 AM

Kudos to Bees and the boys for the Gold Cup. I'm so very happy to see the US "B" squad dominate in such a manner. The implosion by Mexico has the Mexican side of me a bit bummed. Otherwise, good tourney and the best part is we are THAT MUCH CLOSER TO THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bad Guy 07-30-2013 10:00 AM

Aron Johannsson has decided to play for USMT. Don't know a ton about him, but everything I read said he's an exceptional talent. Only 22 and is a striker.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-30-2013 10:24 AM

didn't know anything about that kid until now. Let's hope he can fill a big gaping void we have.

The Bad Guy 07-30-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9844865)
didn't know anything about that kid until now. Let's hope he can fill a big gaping void we have.

Having Klinsmann as the coach has really paid dividends in getting players with dual citizenship to play here.

ChiefRocka 07-30-2013 10:42 AM

This is the best the USMNT has looked in a very long time. Defense is what will hold us back in WC2014.

Buck 10-15-2013 06:03 PM

Any chance Costa Rica beats Mexico and US lays down against Panama?

|Zach| 10-15-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10089647)
Any chance Costa Rica beats Mexico and US lays down against Panama?

US won't lay down...suppose there is a chance they **** up on the road but it is doubtful. As far as CR\Mexico you can flip a coin.

|Zach| 10-15-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10089961)
US won't lay down...suppose there is a chance they **** up on the road but it is doubtful. As far as CR\Mexico you can flip a coin.

As soon as I say this Panama scores.

Haha.

**** YOU MEXICO.

Demonpenz 10-15-2013 08:20 PM

I went to the game last friday. It was off the chain.