ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Woman falls out of Texas Giant roller coaster and dies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274660)

JoeyChuckles 07-20-2013 09:10 AM

Isn't this why you ride roller-coasters, for the thrill that you are doing something that typically you are not able to do, and could potentially be dangerous?

Friendo 07-20-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9822595)
In the late 90's i rode Batman at Six Flags st. louis with my kids... never again, more scared they were going to slip out of their harnesses than anything else.

These things are designed by engineers who in many instances have never rode them and operated by part time college kids... if i sound like Scarey Larry, its because i know how stupid people can be.

Give me the Log Flume, where atleast i get cooled off on some ridiculously hot summer day and the worst i might get is a water moccasin bite...

My wife works with a woman who did a zip-line with her husband a couple months back. She lands on the last platform, and the "kid" was supposed to help un-harness her. Instead, he was talking with someone else, not paying attention and she slides back off the platform, momentum taking her in reverse......at the same time her husband is coming in at full speed. Bam-3 broken vertebra, all because this kid wasn't paying attention.

-King- 07-20-2013 01:07 PM

People are acting like they're not 500x more likely to die in a car than they are on a roller coaster.

texaschiefsfan 07-20-2013 01:37 PM

We're going there in October. Sounds like fun!

Pablo 07-20-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9823029)
We went to World's of Fun last Saturday... and if I had read this before going, I'd probably of not taken the kids.

If something happened to my kids while riding a ride, that would have been the most horrific thing to see... or if I flew off and my kids had to see that. Holy shit.

It won't deter me from going on any rides from here on out. Shit like this happens. Millions of people ride these things every year and you probably only read a couple stories a year about something like this happening.

The odds are in your favor.

Pablo 07-20-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9823298)
People are acting like they're not 500x more likely to die in a car than they are on a roller coaster.

This. At my age, I'm most likely to die in an automobile accident. Them's the breaks.

Doesn't stop me from driving quite a few miles every week.

J Diddy 07-20-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9823373)
This. At my age, I'm most likely to die in an automobile accident. Them's the breaks.

Doesn't stop me from driving quite a few miles every week.

I encourage you to drive more.

Pablo 07-20-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9823374)
I encourage you to drive more.

You're encouraged to take up smoking again.

J Diddy 07-20-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9823379)
You're encouraged to take up smoking again.

No problem. You triple your driving (preferably at a high rate of speed the wrong way on a one way street) and I'll smoke a cigarette. Whoever dies first gets the other's sig for a year.

PRIEST 07-20-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9822570)
Holy **** that sucks
Posted via Mobile Device

This

DeezNutz 07-20-2013 03:49 PM

Man, this story really threw me for a loop.

Bugeater 07-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel D (Post 9822963)
It's well-known that everything is bigger in Texas, so the "Giant" part of the rollercoaster's name is redundant.

Since her restraint only clicked once, that suggests to me that this lady was obese and ended up finding out the hard way that crash diets don't work.

Hmmm.....

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/2.../esperanza.jpg

-King- 07-20-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9823493)

LMAO Wow. There is no reason they should have let her on the ride in the first place.

Bugeater 07-20-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9823497)
LMAO Wow. There is no reason they should have let her on the ride in the first place.

Then the headline of the article would read "Overweight woman kicked off of roller coaster at Six Flags" and there would be all kinds of outrage over that.

Fish 07-20-2013 04:19 PM

The corndog, deep fried pickle, and funnel cake stands will never forget.