ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Chiefs like what they’ve seen so far from QB Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273475)

Skull-FU 05-31-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9721555)
There is nothing that the Star can write that the same group of douchebags won't rip to shreds.

Hell...have the negative nancys every imagined that Alex might actually work out well in KC?

It's amazing how all three of the QBs were demeaned in the same thread...and yet, somehow, the GREAT MATT BARKLEY would have made it all better.

Good post and I agree. We have a new coach, GM, and three new quarterbacks. People should be happy.

Even if the record happens to turn out worse than last year's, we are better off.

el borracho 05-31-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9721555)
Hell...have the negative nancys every imagined that Alex might actually work out well in KC?

No. If the goal is Super Bowl, then it is unimaginable that Alex Smith will work out well in KC.

jlw62987 05-31-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9721614)
No. If the goal is Super Bowl, then it is unimaginable that Alex Smith will work out well in KC.

That doesn't make any sense. Alex Smith was a fumble away from making the Super Bowl two years ago. He should have started over Kaepernick this year as well. I can't wait until teams figure out Kaepernick and the 49ers collapse from Harbaugh's dumb decision. Smith was a number 1 pick! He had AWFUL coaching and AWFUL teams until Harbaugh came into town. The guy has tremendous talent and will thrive under Reid's coaching.

Let me see here. Trust the CP internet coaches on here or Andy Reid? Hmm....tough one! I think I'll trust Andy Reid over you guys on here any day.

el borracho 05-31-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9721591)
:thumb:

Quarterbacks in KC have failed under old management, so that means no new QB can succeed with new management. Brilliant! :doh!:

Alex Smith is not a new QB; he is an eight year veteran who has been benched multiple times and ultimately replaced by a more dynamic player.

jlw62987 05-31-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9721635)
Alex Smith is not a new QB; he is an eight year veteran who has been benched multiple times and ultimately replaced by a more dynamic player.

And who would that be? Geno Smith? lol...

el borracho 05-31-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skull-FU (Post 9721597)
Good post and I agree. We have a new coach, GM, and three new quarterbacks. People should be happy.

Even if the record happens to turn out worse than last year's, we are better off.

Wrong on all counts. Three different quarterbacks does not necessarily indicate that you have found your franchise quarterback and a worse record than last year would indicate that the team is not better off.

el borracho 05-31-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlw62987 (Post 9721630)
That doesn't make any sense. Alex Smith was a fumble away from making the Super Bowl two years ago. He should have started over Kaepernick this year as well. I can't wait until teams figure out Kaepernick and the 49ers collapse from Harbaugh's dumb decision. Smith was a number 1 pick! He had AWFUL coaching and AWFUL teams until Harbaugh came into town. The guy has tremendous talent and will thrive under Reid's coaching.

Let me see here. Trust the CP internet coaches on here or Andy Reid? Hmm....tough one! I think I'll trust Andy Reid over you guys on here any day.

Alex Smith could be a gold medalist on the Olympic standing there team. It was not Smith's play that led the 49ers to the championship game, as evidenced by the fact that the team went to the championship game (and on to the Super Bowl) without Smith the following year.

SAUTO 05-31-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlw62987 (Post 9721638)

No you stupid ****, he was replaced by kapernick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Roundup 05-31-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9721650)
Alex Smith could be a gold medalist on the Olympic standing there team. It was not Smith's play that led the 49ers to the championship game, as evidenced by the fact that the team went to the championship game (and on to the Super Bowl) without Smith the following year.

EASY........you are going to make an argument that you don't have to have that elusive QB to get to and win the SB.

Marcellus 05-31-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlw62987 (Post 9721630)

I am fairly tired of the entire Alex Smith debate and we have yet to play a snap in a preseason game.

I will say all coaches at times make mistakes but I am fairly certain Andy Reid knows more about QB's and his offense than the entire CP collective.

Mos of the same people who praised the Andy Reid hire now suddenly know that Reid's hand picked Qb cannot win a SB.

Its laughable.

el borracho 05-31-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlw62987 (Post 9721638)

Who would who be? I was referring to Kaepernick in the post you quoted. Kaepernick was the more dynamic QB that ultimately replaced Smith.

Marcellus 05-31-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9721668)
Who would who be? I was referring to Kaepernick in the post you quoted. Kaepernick was the more dynamic QB that ultimately replaced Smith.

By that same logic Kaepernick's play had no contribution to the SB team last year. They basically won onne more game with Kap right?

Care to rethink that?

nychief 05-31-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

dumb.

el borracho 05-31-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9721662)
EASY........you are going to make an argument that you don't have to have that elusive QB to get to and win the SB.

Well, that is essentially true (although that scenario has a very low percentage of success). If you are trying to be the one team in a decade that wins the Super Bowl without a franchise QB, you really are trying to do things the hard way.

jlw62987 05-31-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

You're right. Going 24 for 42, 299 yards, 3 TD's, and 1 rushing TD for a rating of 103.2 against the Saints didn't help at all.

Or going 12 for 26, 196 yards, 2 TD's for a rating of 97.6 caused them to lose against the Giants right?

Give me a break. Tom Brady and the Patriots offense couldn't beat that Giants defense that year in the Super Bowl.

Man, you're right. I don't want a guy who throws 5 TD's with 0 INT's plus a rushing TD in the postseason to lead this team.