ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What to expect from Justin Houston this year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273157)

chiefzilla1501 05-19-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9691101)
My god...Bailey is an absolute specimen.

You guys wanting some one gap penetration from the defensive end position are about to get it.

I still think that they should be and likely will be running some 46 sets out of this defense. Powe, Poe, Bailey and Berry are absolutely tailor made for it. Sutton has experience in the 46 under Ryan and I can't think that he's looking at Powe and Poe and just salivating to put that look out every once and a while.

Some 46, a lot of 4-3/3-4 hybrid looks. Different from a traditional 3-4 hybrid in that we will actually be running a 4-3 base defense in many instances. It's what makes players like Poe so intriguing, and why DeVito is a much better find than people realize. If Poe can play multiple techniques, DeVito can rotate into a 1-technique in the 4-3 and more of a 5-tech in a 3-4. Powe could work too, but the problem is he seems pretty limited to the 0-technique and 1-technique.

Saccopoo 05-19-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9691607)
Considering some of the piss poor offensive lines we'll play I think 13 is reasonable and 10+ should be expected...

The big difference will be having an offensive game plan that actually works and forces teams to pass the ball past the 5:00 minute mark of the first quarter.

That Houston and Hali were able to amass 10 and 9 sacks respectively last year with the amount of run plays that they went against due to the Chiefs being 30 points in the hole by the end of the first quarter is utterly amazing.

Saccopoo 05-19-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9691686)
Some 46, a lot of 4-3/3-4 hybrid looks. Different from a traditional 3-4 hybrid in that we will actually be running a 4-3 base defense in many instances. It's what makes players like Poe so intriguing, and why DeVito is a much better find than people realize. If Poe can play multiple techniques, DeVito can rotate into a 1-technique in the 4-3 and more of a 5-tech in a 3-4. Powe could work too, but the problem is he seems pretty limited to the 0-technique and 1-technique.

Which is why you want to see the 46 out of this defense. Powe at the nose and Poe at LDE/defensive tackle over the offensive right tackle with Berry supporting him and Bailey, Houston and Hali stacked over the right side. A 46 with this team has a lot of potential to do some serious damage. S. Smith finally gives this team a CB to press cover (which the 46 demands as well).

Tailor made for the 46 in terms of personnel, though you don't want to see it on a constant basis.

Chiefshrink 05-19-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9691607)
Considering some of the piss poor offensive lines we'll play I think 13 is reasonable and 10+ should be expected...

Yep, a 2-14 schedule should help get those numbers up this year:thumb:

Titty Meat 05-19-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9691498)
As far as personnel goes, there's no reason why you couldn't get a few 46 snaps each game.

I love(d) Bailey and am a pretty big homer but I'm not sure he's the answer at the 3. Serviceable, maybe. I really want a dominating 3-tech though to pair with Tamba/Houston. Can you imagine Geno Atkins/Watt/Smith/Richardson on this team?

Bailey sucks ass

milkman 05-19-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9691735)
Bailey sucks ass

He did last year.

But we (read you, and others like you) tend to write off players far too early in their careers.

Coogs 05-19-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9691708)
Yep, a 2-14 schedule should help get those numbers up this year:thumb:

Every team in the NFL plays the "same" schedule. Four 1st place teams. Four 2nd place teams. Four 3rd place teams. Four 4th place teams.

Example:

KC's 1st place teams: Washington, Houston, Denver, Denver
KC's 2nd place teams: Giants, Indianapolis, San Diego, San Diego
KC's 3rd place teams: Dallas, Tennessee, Oakland, Oakland
KC's 4th place teams: Philidelphia, Jax, Buffalo, Cleveland

Denver's 1st place teams: Washington, Houston, New England, Baltimore
Denver's 2nd place teams: Giants, Indianapolis, San Diego, San Diego
Denver's 3rd place teams: Dallas, Tennessee, Oakland, Oakland
Denvers 4th place teams: Philidelphia, Jax, KC, KC