ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Well, this doesn't make much sense. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272504)

Marcellus 04-26-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9630754)
Andy Reid "thought" he had a great idea. Takin Alex Smith and going all in for him is a bad idea itself. Assuming you'll jump back into the 2nd because you have Brandon Albert as trade bait is another bad idea. Never assume you'll get what you want, Reid thought otherwise.

So far Reid has failed us, Sean Smith is in no way spectacular and Miami is thrilled he's gone. Read their reactions. This offseason has been way overrated.

LMAO you have no clue what Reid or Dorsey were thinking going into the draft or what their long term plan to build the franchise is.

Rasputin 04-26-2013 09:17 AM

Peeing on an electric fence > Alex Smith

The Franchise 04-26-2013 09:17 AM

I guess the only true silver lining coming out of this.....is we'll no longer be mocked a LT.....until 4 years from now. Next year they'll mock us a 3-4 DE because Jackson will be gone.

FringeNC 04-26-2013 09:17 AM

What makes Albert hard to trade is that he has to be paid market value on top of giving up a draft pick. I think you take the 54th pick if offered.

ptlyon 04-26-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9630758)
The guy doesn't want to be here.

If he didn't he wouldn't have signed his tender

ChiTown 04-26-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9630766)
Peeing on an electric fence > Alex Smith

:LOL:

Sorter 04-26-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9630769)
I guess the only true silver lining coming out of this.....is we'll no longer be mocked a LT.....until 4 years from now. Next year they'll mock us a 3-4 DE because Jackson will be gone.

I bet we get mocked a RT next year.

Marcellus 04-26-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9630760)
They're not giving me very much hope at this point. They got fleeced for Alex Smith, and now the way the draft is playing out is making it look like an even worse trade. I'm not sure what, if anything, they can do today to recover. There's going to be a lot of good players drafted in what's supposed to be Dorsey's wheelhouse (late first to 3rd round) and we'll be sitting there twiddling our thumbs.

You do realize the lack of QB's in this draft actually increases Alex Smith's value not decreases is right?

Are you seriously trying to say all these QB needy teams that didn't draft a QB in round 1 wouldn't have had the same interest we did in Alex Smith?

Have you guys all lost the ability to reason?

Fairplay 04-26-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9630762)
it's not really that confusing

They selected the player they thought was best
They will trade Albert IF and only IF they get an offer they like
Keeping Albert and having Fisher will make Alex Smith look better ... making their trade look better

People might not like it, but it's not confusing.

The offensive line will be bad ass if Albert stays

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9630771)
If he didn't he wouldn't have signed his tender

not necessarily

signing the tender keeps the team for yanking it late, leaving Albert Hanging
signing the tender allows the team to trade him

Baby Lee 04-26-2013 09:20 AM

I'm not entirely sold on the 'you never draft a RT 1.1' conventional wisdom that's always thrown around. If he's flexible enough to play multiple positions and is a mauler with a mean streak, and your OL is crapola at present he's going to provide value. I understand the whole blindside>frontside issue, but if he's providing solid protection and busting running lanes for Charles open, I'll take it. Besides he's great insurance with his flexibility for possible injuries in season.

Sorter 04-26-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9630749)
Out of the QBs available who's ready to start? Barkley? Almost all the talking heads say Geno's not ready to start so who's the pick in that situation? And then of course we're using hindsight but if teams thought we were targeting a QB with our 2nd pick they might have traded up to steal him. Or not :shrug:

Probably Barkley.

The Franchise 04-26-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9630770)
What makes Albert hard to trade is that he has to be paid market value on top of giving up a draft pick. I think you take the 54th pick if offered.

Depends on the team. If we trade him to a team that hasn't designated a franchise player.....they can trade for him now and then work on a new contract later.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9630777)

you can say you don't agree but it's not confusing

best way to make their trade for Alex Smith look like a good one is to give him good protection.

Albert and Fisher help do that

Simplicity 04-26-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9630777)

Not really, considering he doesn't want to play. No motivation with a 1 yr contract.