ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports No Kentucky This Year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270885)

Ceej 03-08-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9478029)
Impossible as you have to go on the road in the NIT

LMAO

Well played.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-08-2013 07:32 PM

I'll be pretty broken up is UK doesn't make the tourney.

Wait... no I won't.

**** UK, UNC and Duke.

warpaint* 03-08-2013 07:35 PM

I don't care one way or the other. For some reason I have never hated them the way I do Duke and to a lesser extent UNC.

Ceej 03-08-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9478065)
I don't care one way or the other. For some reason I have never hated them the way I do Duke and to a lesser extent UNC.

I felt the same way until Calipari took over.

I've never liked the dude. Maybe it's his hair.

warpaint* 03-08-2013 07:50 PM

He's a shyster but for some reason he doesn't bother me that much.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-08-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9478081)
I felt the same way until Calipari took over.

I've never liked the dude. Maybe it's his hair.

That and his arrogance that's masked with his "our kids have a lot to learn before they go to the NBA after 1 year here" schpeel and his trail of shirking the rules but leaving before he's held responsible.

As much as I love KU, if Cal was ever named coach in Lawrence I'd have to pray we suck so bad he gets fired so we could move onto someone else.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-08-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9478090)
He's a shyster but for some reason he doesn't bother me that much.

He's the used car salesman of college basketball. "Boy do I have a deal for you but it's only good today until I move on to the next sucker." JMO anyway.

cardken2 03-08-2013 07:55 PM

Sadly Coach Cal now is in a great spot. He gets first crack at every McDonlads All American that becomes available. He no longer has to cheat to get top recruits. Once again someone Fails forward in their career. As across state rival as a Louisville Fan, I hate him as well.

Chief_For_Life58 03-08-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Facebook Fever (Post 9478062)
I'll be pretty broken up is UK doesn't make the tourney.

Wait... no I won't.

**** UK, UNC and Duke.

this

lcarus 03-08-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Facebook Fever (Post 9478095)
He's the used car salesman of college basketball. "Boy do I have a deal for you but it's only good today until I move on to the next sucker." JMO anyway.

I really hated him even more after the Kansas/Memphis title game. He was pissed that the refs changed the 3 pointer to a 2 after reviewing the play. He was mad....that they got the right call. When you know that scurvy little prick would have commended the officials if the tables were turned. He was just mad that they lost. Sour ****ing grapes from one of the most powerful coaches at one of the most powerful bball programs in the country. **** him.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-08-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9478124)
I really hated him even more after the Kansas/Memphis title game. He was pissed that the refs changed the 3 pointer to a 2 after reviewing the play. He was mad....that they got the right call. When you know that scurvy little prick would have commended the officials if the tables were turned. He was just mad that they lost. Sour ****ing grapes from one of the most powerful coaches at one of the most powerful bball programs in the country. **** him.

Yeah that too. I don't blame the guy for fighting for his team but he's just so damn greasy I wouldn't trust him to deliver my mail. Once UK gets investigated for something he'll move on right away and play the "I didn't know" card again and another high profile program will hire him.

Prison Bitch 03-08-2013 11:45 PM

03-05-2013 12:42 PM
Will Lavender
Super Moderator

Turner Sports to Air Kentucky Basketball Documentary on Selection Sunday
The documentary will air at 8:00 p.m. on March 17th on TruTV. It will be narrated by Drake and is called Bluegrass Kingdom: The Gospel of Kentucky Basketball.

Will be sort of awkward if Kentucky doesn't get in the tournament.

http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/s...lection-Sunday

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

007 03-09-2013 12:43 AM

A tourney without Kentucky? And there was MUCH rejoicing!!!!!

That program can burn.

teedubya 03-09-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9478032)
Yeah, they have 8 titles, the last one being last year. I think their fans will sleep ok.

No shit. KU won in 2008, and I'm still ok.

I'd have loved to have had that one last year though! :#

Bambi 03-09-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9478045)
Would you rather:

Win the national championship, but not make the tournament the next year

or

Lost the national championship, but get a one seed the next year

lol, I love watching CBB well into April. Been doing it for 23 years in a row now.