ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465872)
Define credible source.

I can name a half dozen off the top of my head. But you'll likely move the goalposts when I do.

So set your goalposts in cement now: what's a credible source, in your eyes.

How about a national columnist that actually speaks to GM's and scouts in the NFL?

Not some dumb **** like Walter or Matt ****ing Miller.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465884)
:spock:

Pat Kirwan, Bucky Brooks, and Daniel Jeremiah in their recent big boards have Geno Smith in the top 10. Do you think they would call him a first rounder? I mean, they don't go out and SAY he's a first rounder probably because they have him going in the top 10 in their mock drafts and have him ranked in the top 10 players WITHOUT adjusting for positional value.

Do you want more? I haven't looked, but I'll bet Todd McShay will claim he's a definite first round lock as well.

Everybody except for Mel Kiper and Shawn Zobel is a far ****ing cry from "no one"

I was going to go with Pat Kirwan, myself.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465887)
How about a national columnist that actually speaks to GM's and scouts in the NFL?

Not some dumb **** like Walter or Matt ****ing Miller.

Yup. Pat Kirwan.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465877)
Uh, what?

Brees always had strong accuracy and anticipation (the qualities that make him great today), and yet he fell to the second round in a draft that wasn't exactly stuffed with talent. I'll look for a scouting report.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465884)
:spock:

Pat Kirwan, Bucky Brooks, and Daniel Jeremiah in their recent big boards have Geno Smith in the top 10. Do you think they would call him a first rounder? I mean, they don't go out and SAY he's a first rounder probably because they have him going in the top 10 in their mock drafts and have him ranked in the top 10 players WITHOUT adjusting for positional value.

Do you want more? I haven't looked, but I'll bet Todd McShay will claim he's a definite first round lock as well.

Everybody except for Mel Kiper and Shawn Zobel is a far ****ing cry from "no one"

Pat Kirwin's a ****ing loser. Keep in mind, this guy oversaw personnel for the Jets when Rich Kotite was head coach and hasn't had a job in the NFL in 15+ years.

Bucky Brooks is a moron and if Jeremiah were worth a shit, he wouldn't have been unemployed with a website and a Twitter account for years before being hired by the NFL Network.

Chief_For_Life58 03-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9465880)
we have our franchise quarterback already. kind of a waste at this point.

who should we take at 1.1? say heyoo manti teo? we could put teo at outside linebacker and sit tamba

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465890)
Brees always had strong accuracy and anticipation (the qualities that make him great today), and yet he fell to the second round in a draft that wasn't exactly stuffed with talent. I'll look for a scouting report.

I don't need the ****ing scouting report. As I said back in 2001, one of my best friends that was a NCAA Division I CB was getting his Masters at Purdue and said Brees was the best QB he'd ever seen. I advocated for him then and he's certainly lived up to the hype.

The ONLY reason why he went #32 overall was because people were afraid of a guy that played in a Spread.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465892)
Pat Kirwin's a ****ing loser. Keep in mind, this guy oversaw personnel for the Jets when Rich Kotite was head coach and hasn't had a job in the NFL in 15+ years.

Bucky Brooks is a moron and if Jeremiah were worth a shit, he wouldn't have been unemployed with a website and a Twitter account for years before being hired by the NFL Network.

Goalposts: moved.

You asked for a national columnist that speaks with NFL personnel.

We gave you one.

You moved the goalposts.

If only someone could have seen that brilliant manuver coming.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465883)
Bullshit.

Being ranked as the 26th best prospect doesn't mean he'll go to the 26th best team.

It's likely he'll go top 15 because a team that needs a QB will likely talk themselves into taking him.

But let's not pretend he's some kind of consensus first round QB that's worthy of the #1 pick because he's not.

We were arguing his status as a first round prospect, not his status as a first-overall pick. You're back pedaling on your claims.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465889)
Yup. Pat Kirwan.

**** Pat Kirwan

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465900)
We were arguing his status as a first round prospect, not his status as a first-overall pick. You're back pedaling on your claims.

Oh, **** you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465859)
Bullshit. Find us a report of someone credible saying that his stock is falling (or that he's not a first rounder), and the other members of this forum will find to or three saying exactly the opposite. Quit trolling.

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:36 PM

Dane, if Geno Smith doesn't go in the first round, I'll write out a check for $1000 in the charity of your choice. You don't have to do anything except bookmark this post if you like.

And to further prove how RIDICULOUS I think it is that you would say "no one" has him worth a first round pick, I'll let you in on a little secret: giving away $1000 is not exactly a smart thing for me to do currently. I'm getting by just fine, but I don't just have $1000 lying around to throw away.

Hell, you may as well make it $100,000. Because I'm right, and I'm not going to wind up paying a single ****ing dime when draft night is over.

Chief_For_Life58 03-04-2013 11:36 PM

i say f sean smith lets bring back warfield. he would love the look of the new club level bars

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:36 PM

Christ, Dane.

Sit out a couple rounds. You're running on fumes, partner.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465903)
Dane, if Geno Smith doesn't go in the first round, I'll write out a check for $1000 in the charity of your choice. You don't have to do anything except bookmark this post if you like.

And to further prove how RIDICULOUS I think it is that you would say "no one" has him worth a first round pick, I'll let you in on a little secret: giving away $1000 is not exactly a smart thing for me to do currently. I'm getting by just fine, but I don't just have $1000 lying around to throw away.

Hell, you may as well make it $100,000. Because I'm right, and I'm not going to wind up paying a single ****ing dime when draft night is over.

He'll go in the first round because a QB needy team will take him.

That doesn't mean that he's a consensus first rounder and this talk of him at #1 overall is Re-goddamn-diculous.