ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Who cooks in your house? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270652)

Phobia 03-02-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9458906)
I do 95% of the cooking. She usually cleans up but I'm a clean as I go guy so there isn't much.

We do "chopped" tv show nights at our house about two times a month. I'll pick out three or four secret ingredients and sort of offer up ideas and help with technique and flavor with my kids meals. It's alot of fun. Huge mess, but fun. Usually the food They end up with is tastuy

That's a fun family idea. I'm gonna steal it for family night.

melbar 03-03-2013 02:07 AM

I learned long ago if I want to eat nearly as well as o was raised with, I better learn to cook! My wife however, is the type that is happy to fold a piece of bread and some peanut butter and call it good. So ya, its all me!

BWillie 03-03-2013 04:59 AM

I have never cooked anything for like 4 years. That's women's work

Ugly Duck 03-03-2013 07:10 AM

On our wedding day my wife confessed her secret to me: "I hate to cook and I'm not going to do it any more."

I thought she was just kidding. That was 19 years ago.

EagleRob 03-03-2013 07:14 AM

I prefer to do as much of the cooking as I can. My wife is the type that thinks that all meals should be cooked in the simplest manner available - so crock pot or microwave. She's always on the lookout for the ultimate casserole or one pan meal. To me thats a digestive nightmare. She doesn't understand that most meats were not meant to be slow cooked and that the microwave destroys food. So I cook most weekend meals and any meal I can make after or before work.

The Iron Chief 03-03-2013 07:43 AM

Well I was a Chef in many private restaurants before becoming a manager at Red lobster.
However my wife graduated from culinary school & managed many restaurants as well including TGIF for many yrs,that said we play in the kitchen together usually with a couple of bottles of wine by our side.

So we share the duty.

I should mention my wife was raised 100% Italian so her giving me space in the kitchen with her is considered an honor...sigh.
I cant name any of her relatives that would allow the husband to step one toe into the kitchen area much less make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

Chief77 03-03-2013 08:04 AM

I usually do all the cooking myself. The wife likes to cook some of her special meals on occasion. I like to play music and dance around when I cook, so my kids like to come and watch and join in too.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-03-2013 08:20 AM

Me.

The wife tries...

memyselfI 03-03-2013 08:25 AM

Coffee has not kicked in. The hubby does 90% of the cooking. He's a fabulous cook and not just grilling. I pitch in. I voted the other way around.

Red Dawg 03-03-2013 08:27 AM

The ole lady cooks obviously. What country do you think this is?

bevischief 03-03-2013 08:51 AM

I cook inside and out and my wife bakes.

DaKCMan AP 03-03-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9459598)
Coffee has not kicked in. The hubby does 90% of the cooking. He's a fabulous cook and not just grilling. I pitch in. I voted the other way around.

To be fair, you're the dude in the relationship.

memyselfI 03-03-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9459666)
To be fair, you're the dude in the relationship.

Ha! No, I'm the ADDer in the relationship. I can't stand in one room long enough to cook something elaborate. If it takes longer than 15 minutes to prepare and set the timer then I'm not interested. He loves to cook and could spend hours perfecting dishes. I think he missed his calling in life. I am the baker in the house.

Pablo 03-03-2013 11:49 AM

She cooks the meals during the week since I get home a bit later. I usually clean up. Sometimes she does. On the weekends I prefer to do the cooking.

Fire Me Boy! 03-03-2013 12:01 PM

Usually me. Wife bakes. She's starting to cook a bit more since the new year.