ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Has anyone done a juice fast? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270407)

listopencil 02-26-2013 02:41 PM

Does the juice from the two burgers I just ate count?

El Jefe 02-26-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 9441489)
I have done a 30 day and 15 day. The first 3-4 days suck donkies. If you are on caffeine get rid of that addiction first before you fast, and just makes it easier.

I am a big guy, have aches and pains and decided to try it. I really never felt better in my life. Made my skin clear up made me feel a ton better and wish it wasn't so expensive or I'd do it more often. Find some recipes you like and good luck. I honestly think you'll feel a ton better, but just remember the first few days suck but stick with it

Great post, thanks! I have been weening myself off of the caffeine this week, I knew that would be a real snitch.The first part of your second paragraph is exactrly where I am currently, and I want to change it.

El Jefe 02-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Loopner (Post 9441624)
I can't imagine what it must be like to constantly suffer from migraines or the toll its taken on you and your family. I'm sorry you suffer from them and hope whatever you try cures them.
I truly hope you find relief and very soon!
Please keep us posted.

I wish you the very best of luck!

Thank you, I appreciate it!

58-4ever 02-26-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9441525)
I second the Vitamix suggestion. Its expensive but its soooo awesome. I make ice cream out of frozen fruits and vegetables and nothing else.

My in-laws got a Vitamix for their wedding in the early 80s. That thing is still running strong. You spend 500 bucks, but it lasts forever and it's worth it if you improve your health and use it everyday.

teedubya 02-26-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9440179)
t dubya or whatever the **** his name is on here now has. Not sure what he thinks of it now, but he was really raving about it last year.

Buck or whatever the **** his name is, is right.

But, the longest that I've done it, is a couple weeks. You shit way too much water after a few days... and that becomes painful. No one likes a sore ass.

So, I just adopted juicing into my daily life... just not by itself.

BlackHelicopters 02-26-2013 03:05 PM

Does vodka count as juice?

Mrs. Loopner 02-26-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9441727)
Does vodka count as juice?

Only if it's something like Smirnoff's Pineapple Vodka, ya know for the vitamin content, of course.

melbar 02-26-2013 03:15 PM

I started with the "hollywood" 2 day. I've also done the lemon, molasses, cayanne thing with a salt flush to start. (stay close to a bathroom for a couple of hours) Everything I've read says more than 10 days is too long. I did crave healthier foods after "cleansing". I also have bad Migranes and was afraid of setting them off, but it actually broke the cycle for me.

CrazyPhuD 02-26-2013 04:07 PM

I knew this girl that went on a man juice fast once. Does that count? It was high in protein and her knees started to ache by the end, but she did lose a good amount of weight.

Still she gained most of it back within 9 months.