ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mayock sees four options for the Chiefs at No. 1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270183)

suds79 02-19-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9415223)
When you take a QB at #1 and he doesn't pan out you have just ****ed yourself for the foreseeable future. You HAVE to hit with #1

Here's what's great about taking a QB #1 in today's draft pay scale.

Lets say the worse possible thing happens. (keep that in mind) If he's a bust what happens? You're 3-13 a lot the next couple of years and you're sitting #1 or 2 a few years down the road. Then you're in the perfect position to get the next highest rated QB. You do it again.

If you hit, you have a good chance to win a SB.

The worse possible thing they could do is play it safe at QB and get say an Alex Smith. The kind of guy who will be just good enough to hold onto the job for about 5 years and realistically never get close to a QB. Then he's done after that and you're draft 17th in the first round. It's the perfect recipe for mediocrity.

Give me an A or give me an F.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9415198)
I'm trying not to approach it from that angle. I just want to be sure we get some good football players on this team with great attitudes. I like smash-mouth Martyball as much as the next guy but I also like the Coryell "air-it-out" offense. We have a one-in-a-lifetime running back with Charles. I would hate to waste that talent ala B. Sanders in Detroit.

Why did Barry Sanders go to waste in Detroit?

Because he NEVER had a QB.

Erik ****ing Kramer? Scott Mitchell?

They surrounded Sanders with retreads and castoffs.

The lesson is CLEAR.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9415252)
You're not going to shit can a QB after year one. You're going to give him 3 years . Does that explain it for you ?

The Dolphins "hit" on Jake Long. How did that work out?

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-19-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9415249)
how can anyone still believe this nonsense?

we've ****ed ourselves for decades without drafting a QB...

I'm just saying ,that if the QB's available all suck then don't waste the #1 overall pick praying everyone was wrong.

I understand this franchise is a QB away from being a playoff team and I believe that Reid / Dorsey will make the right move at #1. Just remember Jamarcus Russel was a #1 pick too.

suds79 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9415262)
I'm just saying ,that if the QB's available all suck then don't waste the #1 overall pick praying everyone was wrong.

Sure if the Chiefs evaluate that they're all garbage, then don't do it.

But I find that hard to believe.

More than anything, I think it would be a shame for the Chiefs to walk away from this draft without their top rated QB prospect. They need to make that happen.

The safest way is #1 but it's their call.

jspchief 02-19-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9415252)
You're not going to shit can a QB after year one. You're going to give him 3 years . Does that explain it for you ?

Am I being trolled? Is there a boar semen punchline coming?

What #1 overall are you going to shitcan after 1 year?

FRCDFED 02-19-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415255)
Why did Barry Sanders go to waste in Detroit?

Because he NEVER had a QB.

Erik ****ing Kramer? Scott Mitchell?

They surrounded Sanders with retreads and castoffs.

The lesson is CLEAR.

There are scary similarities between that Detroit team and this Chiefs team. The glaring need on both teams was/is a QB. I don't recall what other options the Lions had to pursue back then at QB but what I do know is that I want to build a TEAM around Charles. Including our glaring need of getting a solid QB.

FRCDFED 02-19-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415280)
Am I being trolled? Is there a boar semen punchline coming?

What #1 overall are you going to shitcan after 1 year?

You deserve to get trolled with that example of a whiney ass accesssory to murder you have as your avatar!! :D

Ray Lewis: :deevee: "They're double-teaming me coach"

Roaf/Shields: wut? :spock:

lol

patteeu 02-19-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9415074)
Leonard Davis went #2 overall in 2001. Turley #7 overall '98.

Since Davis, I don't think there's even been a guard taken in the top

Someone may have already pointed this out, but Leonard Davis was drafted to be a LT. He just never panned out at that position.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-19-2013 10:39 AM

What have Mathew Stafford and Phillip Rivers done for their franchises ??????

Answer: Not shit because they don't have that ELITE Guard !

FRCDFED 02-19-2013 10:39 AM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9415295)
What have Mathew Stafford and Phillip Rivers done for their franchises ??????

Answer: Not shit because they don't have that ELITE Guard !

Pasta Little Brioni 02-19-2013 10:40 AM

PGM sees four options for Mayock after this take:

Retire
Apologize
Pretend
Exit

Rasputin 02-19-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9415284)
There are scary similarities between that Detroit team and this Chiefs team. The glaring need on both teams was/is a QB. I don't recall what other options the Lions had to pursue back then at QB but what I do know is that I want to build a TEAM around Charles. Including our glaring need of getting a solid QB.

I love Charles but you don't build a team around a RB. Get the QB and build the team around the QB imo is the best way and get the QB from the draft. Have your own guy for years to come. RBs are lucky to last five seasons and keep a high level of production up.

AdumbGuy 02-19-2013 10:52 AM

Guys, guys, Mayock came to me in my sleep and told me why we're drafting a guard first overall. We'll need the greatest guard in the history of the NFL draft for our new offense.

First, we're resigning albert and moving him to guard. But that makes 3 guards starting, what are we going to do with Warmack, you say? Quarterguard!

Who's going to take the handoff? Are they going to punt? Defenses won't know what to do!

**** you Mayock.

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9415270)
Sure if the Chiefs evaluate that they're all garbage, then don't do it.

But I find that hard to believe.

More than anything, I think it would be a shame for the Chiefs to walk away from this draft without their top rated QB prospect. They need to make that happen.

The safest way is #1 but it's their call.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: