ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jake Long not at top of FA LT list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270060)

BigChiefFan 03-11-2013 12:29 PM

I'd roll the dice on Long.

Frankie 03-11-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9485290)
Yeah. The reason the Falcons didn't go to the SB wasn't because of Ryan; it was because of their dogshit defense.

From which we just signed a member. :(

Garcia Bronco 03-11-2013 12:47 PM

Looking more and more like Clady and Brown were the best LT's from that draft.

Brock 03-11-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9484915)
and you think Matt Ryan is gold? his leash is on and it's getting shorter every season. He's had all world Tony G for years and still hasn't done squat.

not that Long is my choice here, hell, he has major injury issues. I would not like him here.

Get off the drugs, son.

Bewbies 03-11-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9484915)
and you think Matt Ryan is gold? his leash is on and it's getting shorter every season. He's had all world Tony G for years and still hasn't done squat.

not that Long is my choice here, hell, he has major injury issues. I would not like him here.

I wish we had a QB with an upcoming $100m leash!

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9485382)
I wish we had a QB with an upcoming $100m leash!

I wish we had a QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies 03-11-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9486297)
I wish we had a QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9404932)
Soooo worth it for Miami to go with the "sure thing" over the "risky QB"

Since 2008, Atlanta spent the #3 overall pick on Matt Ryan, traded two second round picks on Sam Baker to protect him (#34, #48 & #103), a second round pick in 2010 for Tony Gonzalez (#50), then traded for Julio Jones to help him even more and spent #27, #59 and #124 in 2011 and #22 and #120 in the 2012 draft.

That's two 1st rounders, four 2nd rounders and three fourth rounders to help out Matt Ryan.

Since acquiring Ryan with the #3 overall pick in 2008, the Atlanta Falcons have won exactly ONE playoff game.

How ANYONE could believe that the Miami Dolphins would have been better off with Matt Ryan as their QB, especially without giving up an absolutely egregious amount of picks in order to surround him with talent, is beyond me.

The Franchise 03-11-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9486338)
Since 2008, Atlanta spent the #3 overall pick on Matt Ryan, traded two second round picks on Sam Baker to protect him (#34, #48 & #103), a second round pick in 2010 for Tony Gonzalez (#50), then traded for Julio Jones to help him even more and spent #27, #59 and #124 in 2011 and #22 and #120 in the 2012 draft.

That's two 1st rounders, four 2nd rounders and three fourth rounders to help out Matt Ryan.

Since acquiring Ryan with the #3 overall pick in 2008, the Atlanta Falcons have won exactly ONE playoff game.

How ANYONE could believe that the Miami Dolphins would have been better off with Matt Ryan as their QB, especially without giving up an absolutely egregious amount of picks in order to surround him with talent, is beyond me.

That's all speculation, man. Just because one team spent that much surrounding him with talent....doesn't mean that the other team would have. And that's not even to say that the Dolphins couldn't have succeeded with Ryan as their QB and not overspending to surround him with talent.

DaneMcCloud 03-11-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9486343)
That's all speculation, man. Just because one team spent that much surrounding him with talent....doesn't mean that the other team would have. And that's not even to say that the Dolphins couldn't have succeeded with Ryan as their QB and not overspending to surround him with talent.

Speculation? What's the speculation?

Matt Ryan has been an underperforming NFL QB. Period. Like Matt Stafford, he hasn't been a Franchise QB. He's led them to ONE playoff game in 5 seasons, yet the GM has bent over backwards to surround him with talent.

Unless the Falcons win the Super Bowl next year (not likely), it wouldn't surprise me to see them move on to a different QB.

Why pay Matt Ryan $15 million a year when he can't win shit?

The Franchise 03-11-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9486348)
Speculation? What's the speculation?

Matt Ryan has been an underperforming NFL QB. Period. Like Matt Stafford, he hasn't been a Franchise QB. He's led them to ONE playoff game in 5 seasons, yet the GM has bent over backwards to surround him with talent.

Unless the Falcons win the Super Bowl next year (not likely), it wouldn't surprise me to see them move on to a different QB.

Why pay Matt Ryan $15 million a year when he can't win shit?

Matt Ryan is not the problem with the Falcons. The problem with the Falcons is the fact that they build a 14-21 point lead and then the OC takes his foot off of the pedal. The problem is that they put a square RB in a round hole with Turner.

Sorter 03-11-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

They've also gone 14-2 twice IIRC and every one of their playoff losses have come to a SB participant (Cards, Packers, Giants, 49ers).

Rams Fan 03-11-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9486343)

The Dolphins were in a completely different situation than the Falcons, though. The Falcons had a decent team but had no backup plan for Vick, leading to Leftwich and Harrington to start. Their coach quit on them, but they had other pieces on the team already(Abraham, White, Babineaux, etc).

Miami had some decent parts, but not to the extent of Atlanta.

Saul Good 03-11-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

You're including fourth rounders in this equation to demonstrate this egregious amount of picks over five seasons? How about the two first rounders and four third rounders they spent on defense? In theory, isn't that pretty balanced?

jd1020 03-11-2013 05:17 PM

LMAO Falcons moving on from Matt Ryan.

That is one teams "trash" I would gladly get behind the Chiefs pursuing.