ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is Neil Smith a NFL HOF'r ??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270053)

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 11:41 AM

Im surprised people still hold a grudge? I honestly have no feelings about it. Players switch teams all the time in todays game.

Rausch 02-15-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405272)
Im surprised people still hold a grudge?

**** Kneel Smith.

Hope he gets the ass cancer...

King_Chief_Fan 02-15-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9405272)
Im surprised people still hold a grudge? I honestly have no feelings about it. Players switch teams all the time in todays game.

but not to the stinkin broncos

Mr. Flopnuts 02-15-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9405220)
If you're going to leave KC as a FA, and you still want to be loved in KC, you DO NOT CHOOSE to play for Oakland or Denver. The End.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U2wY3vIPaeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree with you, but it's not his fault that KC didn't tender him an offer. If they had, he would've finished his career in KC. That said, **** him. He went to Denver. And I watched him treat a Planeteer like complete dogshit at the MNF home opener against the Chargers in 2010. He can DIAF.

Al Czervik 02-15-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9405269)
**** him. DIE IN A FIRE TRAITOR 4321

A million times this...

Neil Smith can eat a huge barrel of donkey dicks.

Rausch 02-15-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9405318)
I agree with you, but it's not his fault that KC didn't tender him an offer.

They did.

And it was HIGHER than the one Denver offered.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-15-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9405370)
They did.

I just went off of the video Blowfish posted, I really didn't remember myself. If that's the case though, he can die in 2 ****ing fires.

Al Czervik 02-15-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9405318)
I agree with you, but it's not his fault that KC didn't tender him an offer. If they had, he would've finished his career in KC. That said, **** him. He went to Denver. And I watched him treat a Planeteer like complete dogshit at the MNF home opener against the Chargers in 2010. He can DIAF.

I may be wrong...But I believe he had an offer from KC that he rejected before FA. He then went out and found out he couldnt get a better offer and came back to Carl to accept the KC offer.

I thought he ended up making less in Dungver than he would of made in KC with the first offer.....

Again, this may be my drug addled memory acting up....

WhiteWhale 02-15-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9405125)
Actually, I said no earlier, but I was using my definition of what a Hall of Famer is. I'd much rather have Neil Smith lining up at DE for me than Fred Dean or Jack Youngblood, and I think he's as good as Chris Doleman or Richard Dent.

That was the point I was attempting (poorly) to make earlier.

For certain positions it is the Hall of Very Good.

They set the standard. Not me.

Ebolapox 02-15-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9405130)
The days when Neil and Derrick were reigning terror on opposing QBs were some of the greatest Chiefs memories.
I am not sure it is fair to blame Neil for the Chiefs deciding they couldn't afford to sign him, but the fact that he went to the Broncos is unforgivable.

No.

he rejected a contract offer from the chiefs that was QUITE A BIT MORE than he got from the broncos.

**** NEEL SMIFF

WhiteWhale 02-15-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9405383)
he rejected a contract offer from the chiefs that was QUITE A BIT MORE than he got from the broncos.

**** NEEL SMIFF

I thought Carl let him walk because of his declining production. His days as a top flight pass rusher were over.

Rausch 02-15-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9405383)

**** NEEL SMIFF

And after all that, and his full page add he took out in the Star to say he loved KC and will always be a Chief at heart....

...then when Denver is ****ing killing KC he leans over to a Denver coach on the sidelines and says "It's nice to finally play for the good guys."

**** Kneel...

Easy 6 02-15-2013 12:53 PM

Not sure how the numbers compare, but i'd bet he's in Richard Dent territory, which means he might just squeak in many years down the road.

HemiEd 02-15-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9405370)
They did.

Well, it wasn't like they were offers at the same time.

Free agency was not as refined as it is now, and the Denver offer was on the table after he found out he couldn't get what he thought he was worth on the open market.

Carl should have let him have what he had offered to him originally when he decided he would take it.

Nobody is saying NS was brilliant, but he was a very good DE.

I blame Carl for the whole thing.

MagicHef 02-15-2013 02:50 PM

Smith: 0.55 sacks/game, 0.16 FF/game
Dent: 0.68 sacks/game, 0.18 FF/game

And, just for fun...

Dumervil: 0.70 sacks/game, 0.18 FF/game