ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Judge: Chiefs can't afford to take quarterback with first pick of draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270021)

ToxSocks 02-14-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9402634)
The people that advocate Joeckel or Star I simply ask....why?

WHY?!?

Neither of them improve this team at all...talk about wasting a pick.

I've yet to see a valid argument for either....because there isn't one.

Those people can't tell you why. Same way they can't tell you why NOT a QB...well...other than, "Did you see the pinstripe bowl?"

Crush 02-14-2013 11:57 AM

Also, I'm sure the Dolphins have no regrets drafting Jake Long over Matt Ryan and settling for Chad Henne in the second round. The same Jake Long who will probably not be back with Miami next year.

Rain Man 02-14-2013 11:58 AM

I was worried that having the #1 pick would make the offseason kind of boring. That hasn't happened. It does make the offseason kind of stressful, though.

Bowser 02-14-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402622)
True. No kid is a can't miss really. But as positions in the NFL go, tackle is about as safe as you get. I sure know there are few teams that know how to draft a D-lineman.

And 2011 QB's proved they're the biggest crap shoot.

The Chiefs don't need "safe". The Chiefs need a playmaker at quarterback, period. Geno may not be the next Luck, but I'd be willing to bet he's better than Bradford, Dalton, and Tannehill. That sound good to you?

If we pass on Geno, there are going to be about 4 or five teams drafting a few slots right behind us that will be doing cartwheels. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that there would be no way the Raiders would let him slip past them. That would be fun, watching Geno rape our eyeballs out for the next decade while we watch Joeckel protect the Ricky Stanzi's of the world. That would be like taking Donald Stephenson one pick before Seattle took Russell Wilson, only on a much grander scale. **** that idea right in its filthy ass.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9402652)
I was worried that having the #1 pick would make the offseason kind of boring. That hasn't happened. It does make the offseason kind of stressful, though.

Jesus Christ does it ever.

It's like every day we're almost going to win one of the games we lost last season.

Bowser 02-14-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9402635)
How does letting Albert go and drafting Joeckel make the team better?

SIGN HIM AND MOVE HIM TO GUARD HE PLAYED THERE IN COLLEGE YOU KNOW

Rain Man 02-14-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402654)
Jesus Christ does it ever.

It's like every day we're almost going to win one of the games we lost last season.

That's a good way to phrase it.

saphojunkie 02-14-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9402660)
SIGN HIM AND MOVE HIM TO GUARD HE PLAYE THERE IN COLLEGE YOU KNOW

I really love reading your posts and imagining your avatar saying them. LMAO

Bob Dole 02-14-2013 12:04 PM

When was the last time there was an NFL draft when ANYONE said, "There isn't a first round QB in the draft."

That's right...the ****ing year KC gets the first pick in the draft.

SNAKEBIT!

tits

Bowser 02-14-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9402664)
I really love reading your posts and imagining your avatar saying them. LMAO

"It looks like the Chiefs are going to take Star Lotulelei with that first overall pick....."

"BOLD STRATEGY COTTON LET'S SEE HOW IT PANS OUT"

ThatRaceCardGuy 02-14-2013 12:05 PM

I hope he hits a tree on the way home... doing 100mph while being raped by an abnormaly large and hung yetti

bevischief 02-14-2013 12:05 PM

:popcorn:ROFL

This is freaking Ground hog day in this place.

Bump 02-14-2013 12:05 PM

Bradford was a sure #1
Alex Smith was a sure #1
Sanchez was a sure top 5
Leinart would have been a sure #1
Vince Young was a sure top 10

so, you know what? **** these experts cause they don't know shit.

Geno Smith is the shit, I'm gonna be pissed if we pass on him. BECAUSE DRAFTING LINEMAN GOT US HERE!

Crush 02-14-2013 12:05 PM

The tackle position is not a safe pick.

Do the names Tony Mandarich, Kenyatta Walker, Mike Williams, Robert Gallery, Tony Ugoh, and Jason Smith mean anything to the true fans?

The Franchise 02-14-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9402673)
When was the last time there was an NFL draft when ANYONE said, "There isn't a first round QB in the draft."

That's right...the ****ing year KC gets the first pick in the draft.

SNAKEBIT!

tits

They're only saying it BECAUSE the Chiefs have the 1st pick. Guarantee you if the Raiders had the first pick....they'd be all about them drafting Geno. You'd read stories about how you can't let a previous bust stop you from trying again.