ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather *Official* East Coast Blizzard 2013 thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269820)

GloryDayz 02-08-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9388293)
Just because the national media is making a big deal about it(are they? I don't know) doesn't mean the locals are. Nobody around here is acting any different than a normal snow storm that we get every year. Good to know that the whining in the northeast about this is matched by the whining outside the northeast about the coverage.

I do think they were predicting 40" for Boston at one point. Not exactly a few flurries.

That's why you're awesome!!! :) Rep!!!

tk13 02-08-2013 08:44 PM

Was reading on twitter that it's snowing 5 inches an hour in some parts of Connecticut. The radar looks like a severe storm.

Aries Walker 02-08-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9388291)
Yeah, so? Seems like the larger city would be more ready then.. **** um, they're big fat pussies who cry every time something comes along... And, BTW, I'm pretty sure Fargo has 300,000 better people in it than Boston.

That would be a neat trick, considering Fargo has barely 100,000 people in it. It's only slightly bigger than, well, Lee's Summit.

And you must have noticed that a big city has a harder time dealing with snow, because the population density means it's harder to move the stuff out of the way. You must have noticed that, living near KC, and Boston has half again Kansas City's population stuffed into less than 1/3 the size. And it's not alone, the Massachusetts-Connecticut-Rhode Island cluster has *eleven* cities with more than 100,000 people in an area 1/4 the size of Missouri. That's not even counting the three northernmost states, New Jersey, and - oh yeah - New York.

On top of all of that, this isn't just a snowstorm, it's an actual blizzard - winds of over 50 miles per hour and thundersnow have already been reported. Just reading the snowfall amounts might not get you excited, but New England is not laid out like the midwest that most of you know best. Big storms can mess the place up, but good.

This is turning out to be a bad, bad storm.

Brianfo 02-08-2013 08:49 PM

Thats like 1/3 an inch an hour of rain, in the midwest. I have received over 7 inches in a 12 hour period in the spring. Dont buy into the hype.

notorious 02-08-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9387360)
I hope a Nor'easter, 3x this size, hits New York next year the week of the Superbowl.

This.

NJChiefsFan 02-08-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9388343)
This.

I would enjoy that I think. Not like I would be at the game anyway. The whole nice weather, Chiefs aren't near the game schtick is getting old anyway. Was pretty decent weather here the week of the SB. That weather would hurt the economic boom of the game though.

tk13 02-08-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 9388340)
Thats like 1/3 an inch an hour of rain, in the midwest. I have received over 7 inches in a 12 hour period in the spring. Dont buy into the hype.

Yeah but it's a different ballgame when it snows. You'll see people get blasted with 8-12 inches of rain in a day and severe flooding. But you still don't see too many 80 inch snowfalls in the midwest. Or anywhere really that's not a mountain.

GloryDayz 02-08-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9388336)
That would be a neat trick, considering Fargo has barely 100,000 people in it. It's only slightly bigger than, well, Lee's Summit.

And you must have noticed that a big city has a harder time dealing with snow, because the population density means it's harder to move the stuff out of the way. You must have noticed that, living near KC, and Boston has half again Kansas City's population stuffed into less than 1/3 the size. And it's not alone, the Massachusetts-Connecticut-Rhode Island cluster has *eleven* cities with more than 100,000 people in an area 1/4 the size of Missouri. That's not even counting the three northernmost states, New Jersey, and - oh yeah - New York.

On top of all of that, this isn't just a snowstorm, it's an actual blizzard - winds of over 50 miles per hour and thundersnow have already been reported. Just reading the snowfall amounts might not get you excited, but New England is not laid out like the midwest that most of you know best. Big storms can mess the place up, but good.

This is turning out to be a bad, bad storm.

I'm sure we'll all be hearing numbers we can text donations to. I get it, I went through the storm of '78 in Virginia Beach, I just don't recall the concern... It was awesome!

Frazod 02-08-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 9388294)
I live in rhode island, there is 16 inches of snow so far. Lots of power outages. 60+mph wind gusts. Its nasty out there. Snows falling at 4-5 inches per hour.

It's good for you. Builds character. :thumb:

And any minute now some douchebag in Florida is going to chime in about how it's 75 degrees and he just got back from the beach.

NJChiefsFan 02-08-2013 09:03 PM

I try to look at shoveling the driveway as a bonus workout. Just like this Chiefs season was a bonus comedy show I wasn't planning on.

Bump 02-08-2013 09:18 PM

so I went over to a buddies house to drink some beer. About 2 miles away.

There is a driving ban right now I guess. So I borrowed his skii gear and walked home.

I only had 3 beers in 5 hours. So I was intending to drive home, but didnt even hear about this driving ban. That was a crazy walk home. I just walked in the middle of the street, 20 feet visibility in front of you. I'm glad he had that ski gear or I woulda been ****ed.

JD10367 02-08-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 9388340)
I have received over 7 inches in a 12 hour period.

Gold Bond, and walk slowly.

Aries Walker 02-08-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9388355)
I'm sure we'll all be hearing numbers we can text donations to. I get it, I went through the storm of '78 in Virginia Beach, I just don't recall the concern... It was awesome!

I remember that. It was over Washington's birthday, right? We got a couple of feet in Maryland. We stacked it up against the neighbor kid's shed and made a sled ramp.

Strongside 02-08-2013 09:59 PM

I'll be golfing tomorrow.

Nzoner 02-09-2013 07:47 AM

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/rbv...SA-WEATHER.JPG