ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL fanbase by county (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269463)

Strongside 01-29-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9363413)

Meh...I like the aged look on the baseball map.

Dylan 01-29-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9363019)
Check downtown Manhattan.

Surprising. The map shows the Jets have one county - Nassau County, Long Island.

Long Island stretches into the Atlantic Ocean.

NJChiefsFan 01-29-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9363388)
Someone should make one of these for football to make it easier to read.

http://images.spatiallyadjusted.com/...f-baseball.jpg

Bullshit the Mets control Northern NJ.

crazycoffey 01-29-2013 09:43 PM

I guess the white ones are counties without Internet...

Strongside 01-29-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9363457)
Bullshit the Mets control Northern NJ.

I think a lot of this map is off. The Cardinals' spread is probably a bit exaggerated.

58-4ever 01-29-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9362324)
That's funny that Hawaii are all Steelers fans, lol.

Why is that funny? They've had lots of Island dudes and they've won the most Superbowls. Bandwagon fans that can relate. They are everywhere.

dred 01-29-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9363477)
Why is that funny? They've had lots of Island dudes and they've won the most Superbowls. Bandwagon fans that can relate. They are everywhere.

I was thinking that Hawaii's love for the Steelers might have been largely in part due to Polamalu's fame.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-29-2013 10:09 PM

Why in the hell is there a blue county right in the middle of all the red in Kansas? Is that Wichita?

splatbass 01-29-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9363477)

It is funny because it is not true. There aren't many Steelers fans here.

splatbass 01-29-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9363506)
I was thinking that Hawaii's love for the Steelers might have been largely in part due to Polamalu's fame.

As I said, it is not true. Hawaii is Rams, 49ers and Raiders country. I don't know anyone here that is a Steelers fan, and I've lived here for 21 years.

Since it is based on Facebook "likes" my guess is that it is a club of Steelers fans here that are probably temporary residents in the military skewing it. And there are military fans of every team here. If you go to sports bars to watch games (at 7 am) it is mostly military and every team has a group of fans. That is why I suspect it is one of those groups skewing the results.

EagleRob 01-29-2013 10:15 PM

The Raiders didn't even win Oakland? Is that possible?

splatbass 01-29-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9363565)
The Raiders didn't even win Oakland? Is that possible?

Most of their fans probably can't figure out how to log in to Facebook.

rico 01-29-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9363012)
There's a lot of Viking fans in Iowa but that map makes it look like they dominate. In the Des Moines area, for example, I see A LOT more Chiefs gear than Vikings gear.

Ya know, I've noticed that. I live in the Southeast corner of Iowa and Chiefs fans are relatively slim-pickens here. However, when I go to Des Moines area for wrestling tournaments or whatever, I constantly see people wearing Chiefs gear and am constantly thrilled because I'm not used to seeing it. I always go out of my way to say "what's up" to them. I'm always like, "whoa, a CHIEFS fan?! I'm a Chiefs fan too!!! Right on!!!" Most of the time they will give me a look like, "umm...yeah....so, what's your point?" When I see Chiefs fans in my area, they are generally as excited as me to run into another Chiefs fan, presumably because we aren't used to it. I have noticed that Des Moines area inhabitants are definitely accustomed to encountering fellow Chiefs fans... I don't care...I'll continue to act like an excited tourist when I see them.

Strongside 01-29-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9363575)
Most of their fans probably can't figure out how to log in to Facebook.

Correction: They don't allow internet access in prison.

ekf028 02-09-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9363615)
Ya know, I've noticed that. I live in the Southeast corner of Iowa and Chiefs fans are relatively slim-pickens here. However, when I go to Des Moines area for wrestling tournaments or whatever, I constantly see people wearing Chiefs gear and am constantly thrilled because I'm not used to seeing it. I always go out of my way to say "what's up" to them. I'm always like, "whoa, a CHIEFS fan?! I'm a Chiefs fan too!!! Right on!!!" Most of the time they will give me a look like, "umm...yeah....so, what's your point?" When I see Chiefs fans in my area, they are generally as excited as me to run into another Chiefs fan, presumably because we aren't used to it. I have noticed that Des Moines area inhabitants are definitely accustomed to encountering fellow Chiefs fans... I don't care...I'll continue to act like an excited tourist when I see them.

I feel the same way here in northeast Oklahoma. I normally speak to no one when out in public...but if they are wearing Chiefs gear, I strike up a conversation in a second.