ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs La Canfora: NFL execs believe Polian will land in KC/Eagles eyeing Chip Kelly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267963)

htismaqe 12-23-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9235493)

I said your and idiot. Are you blind too?

Molitoth 12-23-2012 02:34 PM

I know nothing of polians son. Why does everyone hate him?

BossChief 12-23-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9235378)
Peyton Manning is the only franchise QB he has ever drafted.

He is not looking for a GM job continue his legacy.

He is looking for a GM job to set his son up, who is just ****ing terrible.

IIRC he also drafted Kerry Collins, who lead his team to the conference championship game very early on for an expansion team. Its was only after Polians days there that he went totally downhill.

Lets say this is true, because it probably is (that he is gonna try to set it up for Chris)...that would also give Bill more motivation to make the right moves then, right? Kinda like Chris' nest egg of sorts.

When Bill steps down, he is gonna want to majority of the heavy lifting to have already been done. He will want to be handing over a team with a sub 30 year old franchise quarterback and a good defense.

I guess I don see the downside in all of that.

Lets cross that bridge when we get there.

BossChief 12-23-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9235672)
I know nothing of polians son. Why does everyone hate him?

During the last couple years in Indy, Chris was playing a larger role in the team and didn't do a very good job. He definitely wasn't ready and may not be now, either. Its a legitimate concern....but his dad is one of the better GMs in the league and he absolutely "gets it" in how to build a team from the ground up.

milkman 12-23-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9236013)
During the last couple years in Indy, Chris was playing a larger role in the team and didn't do a very good job. He definitely wasn't ready and may not be now, either. Its a legitimate concern....but his dad is one of the better GMs in the league and he absolutely "gets it" in how to build a team from the ground up.

I don't want a good 2 or 3 year run.

I want sustained success.

To achieve that, you need a guy in charge that will continue to bring in talent after 2 or 3 years.

Rausch 12-23-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9235486)
If Hunt hires Polian, it's because he's fully aware of the situation, and is buyng into the idea for the sake of stability.

Understandable...

mcaj22 12-23-2012 03:19 PM

pretty sure he was letting Chirs do the drafts the last two or 3 years in Indy which is why the picks are so god awful

Bill isnt "setting" him up, he will let him come right in, promote him and let him shuve his stupid face in decision making like draft picks right away, while Bill just handles a smaller role as long as his legacy name is attached to it, his kid gets a free pass.

Theres a reason his kid is at a such an awful lowly position without him right now

BossChief 12-23-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9236080)
I don't want a good 2 or 3 year run.

I want sustained success.

To achieve that, you need a guy in charge that will continue to bring in talent after 2 or 3 years.

If Bill drafts Geno Smith and a few other good starters, Chris' job will be a manageable one. I am still of the opinion that all this team needs is a handful of players (including 2 qbs) and a good coaching staff to quickly turn things around and have sustained success. We have the pieces for a good pass rush, a couple good pieces in the secondary and a handful of good skill position players on o as well as a young, solid offensive line.

Chris' job will be to keep players in house and to hit a few singles anddoubles in the drafts.

silver5liter 12-23-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9235669)
I said your and idiot. Are you blind too?

He's saying that your "and" is an idiot.

FloridaMan88 12-23-2012 03:37 PM

Keep this simple... NO to Bill Polian

Next.

RealSNR 12-23-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9236231)
If Bill drafts Geno Smith and a few other good starters, Chris' job will be a manageable one. I am still of the opinion that all this team needs is a handful of players (including 2 qbs) and a good coaching staff to quickly turn things around and have sustained success. We have the pieces for a good pass rush, a couple good pieces in the secondary and a handful of good skill position players on o as well as a young, solid offensive line.

Chris' job will be to keep players in house and to hit a few singles anddoubles in the drafts.

That's my biggest worry. I don't think he can even do that.

All of his drafts will be giant wet farts. I can see myself having no confidence whatsoever in anything just like it was when Carl was making picks

aturnis 12-23-2012 03:49 PM

Polian hamstrung Mannings career with shitty defenses. Peyton and Indy should have many more rings.

Tribal Warfare 12-23-2012 03:49 PM

Conforna talking out of bis ass as usual

RealSNR 12-23-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9236316)
Conforna talking out of bis ass as usual

He reported the Pioli extension, didn't he?

I wouldn't trust anything that douchebag says about the Chiefs.

-King- 12-23-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9236314)
Polian hamstrung Mannings career with shitty defenses. Peyton and Indy should have many more rings.

And yet, the reason they didn't have more rings is not because of the defense. But because of Peyton.