ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Am I wrong to be worried about this? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267291)

htismaqe 12-03-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9175066)
How can anyone get on someone for being worried about this. Where have you been the last 40 years? For those of you like me who weren't alive during the early struggles, have you ever read up on your favorite team? There is reason to always wonder just how the **** they are going to do the wrong thing. Its not just trying to be dramatic, its what this franchise is.

Paranoid? Um, yes. If you pack up before the fat lady sings then you are just asking for heartbreak.

Unfortunately, this is true.

Hard to get any hope built up when the bad stuff just continues to pile up.

durtyrute 12-03-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9172413)
I can see the Chiefs doing enough to **** up the #1 draft pick now (two weeks ago I would have said no way).

If we end up 4th and Peeholi is retained, I think we draft the LB out of ND. Gives him a chance to say Brady is the guy now and they have to do something about the hole Belcher left. Draft a 2-4th round qb and we get stuck with another year of suckitude?

Someone please tell me that I'm wrong and there is no way that happens.

That's pretty much what is going to happen. #yourchoice

R8RFAN 12-03-2012 08:55 AM

Seriously, as much as the Raiders have been through, they deserve the #1 Overall pick

htismaqe 12-03-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9175546)
Seriously, as much as the Raiders have been through, they deserve the #1 Overall pick

They just had the #1 pick and spent it on Jamarcus Russell. They should be disqualified from ever having the #1 pick again.

R8RFAN 12-03-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9175553)
They just had the #1 pick and spent it on Jamarcus Russell. They should be disqualified from ever having the #1 pick again.

We asked for a do over

Discuss Thrower 12-03-2012 09:21 AM

The sooner folks get to accepting SP will be back will be for the better. Best decide now if it's worth caring about the team in the near future or not.

Frosty 12-03-2012 11:50 AM

I can easily see this team beating Oakland, Cleveland and a Bronco team that's resting its starters and then having RAC and Pioli retained because of the "great way they held the team together after the tragedy". They will then pick around #4 and take a corner.

Reaper16 12-03-2012 11:51 AM

This is Kansas City sports. Screwing ourselves out of seemingly-inevitable salvation is the only thing we are truly great at.

KC native 12-03-2012 11:55 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH I TOLD YOU GUYS TO TELL ME I WAS WRONG.

I really see this scenario playing out. I think we'll be 1-3 in the draft and we draft a mormon so Peeholi can continue to avoid his qb mistake. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Dave Lane 12-03-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9172413)
I can see the Chiefs doing enough to **** up the #1 draft pick now (two weeks ago I would have said no way).

If we end up 4th and Peeholi is retained, I think we draft the LB out of ND. Gives him a chance to say Brady is the guy now and they have to do something about the hole Belcher left. Draft a 2-4th round qb and we get stuck with another year of suckitude?

Someone please tell me that I'm wrong and there is no way that happens.

If this comes to pass I'm done as a fan till Pioli is gone.

bevischief 12-03-2012 12:00 PM

I have a feeling that if they keep wining they will think that we have our QB and not draft one.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9176139)
If this comes to pass I'm done as a fan till Pioli is gone.

You're better than me.

I'll be done as a Chiefs fan, PERIOD. I'll go root for the Packers or somebody, or maybe the Bears.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-03-2012 12:11 PM

I could easily see this team winning it's next two games on the road. They've found something to rally around, and they're better than the teams they're playing. When they had no heart, they couldn't beat anyone. Now that they have something to rally around, they're probably going to play strong. I could even see them stealing one from Indy, or Denver.

I don't think it's going to save Pioli, or Romeo's job, but I do think it's going to slide us into the 3-5 range. I hate to say it. I didn't think it until this morning, but the more and more I see these guys talking, I think they're back to playing to win again.

So the next question is, how long does Geno last, and who behind him is someone we can live with at QB? Yeah, I'm worried now.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9176206)
I don't think it's going to save Pioli, or Romeo's job, but I do think it's going to slide us into the 3-5 range.

At that point, you have to hope the new GM and HC will do what it takes to trade up.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9176211)
At that point, you have to hope the new GM and HC will do what it takes to trade up.

Yeah, because the teams ahead of us are going to also have QB issues. If Geno is the 12th rated player on a board but that team needs a QB forget about it. He's going first.