ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168110)
"Draft Geno."

I loled. Couldn't help it.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168098)
No, they weren't witness to it. Nor are they being asked to lead a football program.

A lot of the people that were at the facility today are going to be scarred by this. We're gonna need someone with zero connections to this incident in order to move forward next year.

Absolutely true.

It won't turn the franchise around, but maybe it can start to resemble NFL football at some point.

This is the freaking Twilight Zone.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:47 PM

Maybe Im the only one thinking this but in some manner could the way Pioli runs things, has the players on lockdown, etc in any way added to Belchers troubles? Sorry but they all need to go and go asap.
Belcher is a murderer now, the real sorrow should be with his team mates who may be under stress and situations just like Belcher. If you ask me Pioli had added to it. And if he hasnt than he sure as hell didnt do anything to help it. Mourn the loss of the girlfriend, the fact a little kid has no parents, and the family and friends dealing with it.

Austin Ed 12-01-2012 02:49 PM

I hope Scott and Romeo reflect upon this tragedy, say a few prayers, reflect upon the true meaning of life, and then resign their positions with the Chiefs.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9168119)
I know how you feel...

Part of that excitement will be gone forever for me...

it sucks.

Why? Because of Belcher?

This is leading the sports news cycle today, but the emotion of it will soon fade. Yeah, we'll remember and talk about from time to time, but this isn't going to be a defining moment. Rather, it's one that we'll be forced to remember when the douches at ESPN put together a documentary of the events.

Fans, players, and the organization as a whole will move past this and be just fine. Belcher was no DT, and thus the memory of the former will fade greatly over time.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168126)
Maybe Im the only one thinking this but in some manner could the way Pioli runs things, has the players on lockdown, etc in any way added to Belchers troubles? Sorry but they all need to go and go asap.
Belcher is a murderer now, the real sorrow should be with his team mates who may be under stress and situations just like Belcher. If you ask me Pioli had added to it. And if he hasnt than he sure as hell didnt do anything to help it. Mourn the loss of the girlfriend, the fact a little kid has no parents, and the family and friends dealing with it.

Belcher was a disturbed individual. I'm not gonna lay that at Pioli's feet.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Belcher's troubles were 100% personal. For all we know he could have been happy as heck with his job. Yeah it sucks for the fans that we're 1-10 and have a shit sandwich at QB. But for him...he's paid a pretty penny to play a game he loves to play. He probably got along great with his coaches and teammates. But whatever happened with his relationship issues caused this.

Fat Elvis 12-01-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168051)
Resignations seem like a very real possibility. If it's true they paid witness to Belcher's suicide, I can't express how awful I feel for Scott and Romeo.

This is the opportunity for everyone in the organization to clean house and still save face by resigning. No one can blame you for resigning and you don't have to face the ignominy of being fired. Pioli, for once, can look like a leader by staying on until the end of the season while at the same time stay in the shadows. Romeo can prove that he is a leader of men and a players coach by continuing to be head coach until the season is over. And Clark can still be perceived to be an owner who desires continuity in a GM by allowing a GM to step down for obvious personal reasons that he was going to have to fire anyway.

There isn't a whole lot of silver linings that can come out of this terrible incident. If letting everyone involved emerge with their dignity is one, then that might be a small consolation in an otherwise no win situation on all fronts.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

The only way Pioli 'contributed' to what transpired is that he drafted Belcher and brought him here, fired the only coach who ever got anything out of him, a coach who instilled discipline and accountability...

but that doesn't add up to murdering your girfriend in front of your kid and your mom.

I'll blame Pioli for a LOT of the Chiefs' troubles...but you seriously can't put this one on Pioli.

No matter how bad things have become, no one saw this coming.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168139)
Belcher was a disturbed individual. I'm not gonna lay that at Pioli's feet.

Than it still falls on Pioli's "right 53" sorry but if all the stories are true around Arrowhead than being driven crazy is right on par.

Agent V 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Disgusting to somehow blame Pioli for this.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9168146)
The only way Pioli 'contributed' to what transpired is that he drafted Belcher and brought him here, fired the only coach who ever got anything out of him, a coach who instilled discipline and accountability...

but that doesn't add up to murdering your girfriend in front of your kid and your mom.

I'll blame Pioli for a LOT of the Chiefs' troubles...but you seriously can't put this one on Pioli.

No matter how bad things have become, no one saw this coming.

I woke up this morning to a text from my cousin and it just said "Did you hear about Belcher?" The thought of something this horrible happening never even entered my mind. I assumed maybe he was talking about Belcher getting hurt at practice or somethin...

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

So Belcher is a murderer...he was also a teammate. How would you feel if the defense ran the first play with only 10 men on the field?

Spott 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168110)
"Draft Geno."

LMAO

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168152)
Than it still falls on Pioli's "right 53" sorry but if all the stories are true around Arrowhead than being driven crazy is right on par.

I believe that most of the reports about the culture of Arrowhead are true. I also believe that Pioli is a terrible GM and generally loathsome individual.

But he deserves zero blame or responsibility for anything that happened with Belcher today or leading up to today's events.