ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Chiefs have catching up to do at wide receiver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267180)

notorious 11-29-2012 10:50 AM

Bowe and Breaston are the only WR's worth a **** on this team.

It would be nice to have a REAL #1 that comes up big during big moments.

Sorter 11-29-2012 10:56 AM

While I seriously doubt that Breaston, DMC, Wylie, or Baldwin are elite talents, you see competent (not even elite) QBs making their receivers better.

keg in kc 11-29-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9161300)
It would be nice to have a REAL #1 that comes up big during big moments.

It would be nice to have a team that has big moments for players to come up big in.

Iowanian 11-29-2012 11:05 AM

What Romeo is saying doesn't make sense.

When coaches talk about the need for big, physical WRs it is to beat press and man coverage. One of the knocks on smaller speed receivers is usually that they have trouble getting off of the line versus physical corners. Baldwin and Bowe are both physically large and strong. Maybe the team needs to look at who is NOT working with the WRs effectively.

As for Breaston, I don't understand it. He's rarely seen the field this year after success last year. When he's been on the field, he's made plays. The coaches obviously have an issue with him, but I don't see it being his play when he's been in the games.

The glaring deficiency is QUARTERBACK. A good quarterback, who can find open WRs and actually make those throws would make this group look pretty good imo.

They're right about one thing though, with this record, there is ZERO reason to continue to play vets that won't be here next year when there are young players that need to get some experience to find out what they have in them.

bevischief 11-29-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9161262)
Give Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston a real QB and OC and they'd be lighting it up.

This.

notorious 11-29-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9161330)
It would be nice to have a team.

Fyp ;)

htismaqe 11-29-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9161311)
While I seriously doubt that Breaston, DMC, Wylie, or Baldwin are elite talents, you see competent (not even elite) QBs making their receivers better.

Are Lance Moore or Pierre Garcon elite talents? How about Randall Cobb?

Great QBs make WRs better.

The Franchise 11-29-2012 11:21 AM

Jonathan Baldwin's upside is Demaryius Thomas. Look at what Peyton Manning has done with him.

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9161376)
Are Lance Moore or Pierre Garcon elite talents? How about Randall Cobb?

Great QBs make WRs better.

That is what I said :)

Although I do think Cobb has a chance to be really special. Harvin minus migraines.

Also think Lance Moore is criminally underrated.

htismaqe 11-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9161401)
That is what I said :)

Although I do think Cobb has a chance to be really special. Harvin minus migraines.

Also think Lance Moore is criminally underrated.

I'm just sayin.

Marques Colston isn't "elite" without Drew Brees. Jordy ****ing Nelson isn't "elite" without Rodgers.

There's VERY few elite WRs that don't play with elite or borderline elite QBs. In fact, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Andre Johnson.

keg in kc 11-29-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9161424)
I'm just sayin.

Marques Colston isn't "elite" without Drew Brees. Jordy ****ing Nelson isn't "elite" without Rodgers.

There's VERY few elite WRs that don't play with elite or borderline elite QBs. In fact, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Andre Johnson.

Fitz...

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9161424)
I'm just sayin.

Honestly, the best WR with the worst QB has got to be Bowe.

:(

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9161428)
Fitz...

Not sure how I forgot about Larry.

htismaqe 11-29-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9161428)
Fitz...

Yeah, I thought of him right after I posted it.

That being said, can you think of even 1 more? I can't.

Mr. Laz 11-29-2012 12:44 PM

Bowe's inability to get consistent separation is probably why he doesn't have a new contract already.

Bowe thinks he's Calvin Johnson
Chiefs think he's Keyshawn Johnson