ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN's Bill Simmons is Behind the SaveOurChiefs Movement (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265586)

Rausch 10-23-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9044547)
So, we only need 10 other people willing to donate $5 per paycheck so we can buy a single ticket from some poor sap who sits in the nosebleeds. You know 110 people who will donate $5 per paycheck so we can buy that guy's tickets for the whole season?

I don't know if that Idea will fly at all.

I do know there are about 90,000 people looking and ready to hear ideas though and if we keep throwing them out there one of us will eventually come up with the right one.

Also it depends on how you look at it. Some people donated $10 for a banner that only flew for an hour. That empty seat will last the whole game.

Is one idea better than the other? That's not up to me - it's your money...

FAX 10-23-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9044560)
Definitely.

I don't think we can force anything but we can be a constant drip. That never ending drip you just keep hearing all night long until you finally break down and fix the ****ing sink...

Yep. A drip with the occasional, unexpected gully washing toad strangler ... that should do the trick.

FAX

Phobia 10-23-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9044568)

I do know there are about 90,000 people looking and ready to hear ideas though and if we keep throwing them out there one of us will eventually come up with the right one.

Also it depends on how you look at it. Some people donated $10 for a banner that only flew for an hour. That empty seat will last the whole game.

It's a great idea if you can eliminate the financial obligation to repay. Nobody is under any obligation to do that and I don't think disgruntled Chiefs fans would expect it.

FAX 10-23-2012 11:13 PM

It seems to me that, of all the fans, the STHs are the people who should be the most angry.

There has to be a way to leverage and channel that natural resource.

FAX

BossChief 10-23-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9044568)

You can buy tickets on stubhub for the Bengals game for like 8 bucks...

Same goes for the Panthers game

They start at 6 bucks for the Browns game

7 bucks for the Colts game

Even at those prices, I dont think it would make a dent.

The stadium will be empty, regardless.

BossChief 10-23-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9044583)
It seems to me that, of all the fans, the STHs are the people who should be the most angry.

FAX

Totally agree.

I feel ripped off for just spending the money on sunday ticket (and that was only a hundy)....I probably couldn't put it into words how mad I would be if I had dropped a couple Gs each year over the last few for the product these guys have put out there.

htismaqe 10-24-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9044588)
Totally agree.

I feel ripped off for just spending the money on sunday ticket (and that was only a hundy)....I probably couldn't put it into words how mad I would be if I had dropped a couple Gs each year over the last few for the product these guys have put out there.

I dropped DirecTV and thought about the NFL streaming package for $35 but ended up passing on that.

COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.

bevischief 10-24-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9044423)
Our monday night and thursday games will have a national audience.

This team having a fan revolt on national TV is a big story and a big embarrassment to the franchise...

I agree.

DBOSHO 10-24-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9044383)
"Neither can survive while the other one lives."

WE ARE HARRY POTTER AND PIOLI IS VOLDEMORT

Neither can die?

htismaqe 10-24-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 9044813)
Neither can die?

No, I think Clay just identifies with effeminate teenagers...

Rausch 10-24-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9044822)
No, I think Clay just identifies with effeminate teenagers...

Given...

BlackHelicopters 10-24-2012 06:51 AM

Pioli, just leave town already.

BourbonMan 10-24-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9044583)

FAX

I agree..That's why after 7 years and $14,000 later, I'm not renewing anymore.

BlackHelicopters 10-24-2012 07:56 AM

I wish a better option existed than ES...............

the Talking Can 10-24-2012 08:00 AM

he gave a shout out to Whitlock a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:

Q: Is Kansas City the new Philadelphia? Their fans booed Robby Cano mercilessly during the home run contest. Enough to totally get in his dome and hit exactly 0 home runs. (And I loved every second of it) Then they cheer when Cassell gets hurt? That's pretty low.
—CP, Des Moines

SG: Come on, do you really think we'd ever have a show called It's Always Sunny in Kansas City? I think Kansas City is more like the kid who was bullied for a few years before finally snapping, not much different from Warriors fans snapping during Joe Lacob's speech on Chris Mullin night. They were so frustrated by the Scott Pioli era and the last few years in general that a few of them handled it wrong. (Jason Whitlock's take nailed it.) Besides, there can never be a "new" Philly — what would we do with the old one?
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/.../to-believe-in