ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts on Pre-Season Game #1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262261)

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2012 09:32 PM

So, he gets open against a 1st team defense, but the yards don't count. Gold Jerry.

Rasputin 08-10-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8808355)
Read my post carefully. I want to see Cassel hitting Breaston, Bowe and Baldwin down the field, not scrub #4/#5 WRs.

I don't give a shit. McCuster made you look like a fool tonight.

mr. tegu 08-10-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8808365)
I really liked what I saw with our RB's. Its a huge improvement over last year.

This was one of the biggest improvements I noticed too. I think all three behind Charles are clearly better than any from last season once Charles went out.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808368)
Clay's pissed Cassel went to the open receiver....LMAO who'd a thunk????

Cassel hit exactly one pass I haven't seen him hit before.

Granted, it was a very nice throw.

This offense is not going to work if Dexter, or any slot receiver, is getting all the catches.

We heard about Baldwin The God ****er for weeks now and there was not shit to see tonight.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8808374)
This was one of the biggest improvements I noticed too. I think all three behind Charles are clearly better than any from last season once Charles went out.

Hillis is going to pwn this year. I called it when we signed him. Dude it a complete threat, inside, outside and receiving.

Coach 08-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8808365)
I really liked what I saw with our RB's. Its a huge improvement over last year.

I think, assuming they all continue to put great effort like they did tonight, the coaches are going to have a very very tough decision on their hands in regards to the RB position.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8808375)

This offense is not going to work if Dexter, or any slot receiver, is getting all the catches.

We heard about Baldwin The God ****er for weeks now and there was not shit to see tonight.

What part of hitting the open receiver doesn't register with you?

Hammock Parties 08-10-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8808371)
I don't give a shit. McCuster made you look like a fool tonight.

McCluster had a nice little game. It's not like he hasn't had nice bullshit preseason games before.

Things will be difference when Bowe is back and Dexter is the #4 wideout.

Deberg_1990 08-10-2012 09:34 PM

I wonder if Romeo will take the gang to any T-Pain concerts in training camp this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

mr. tegu 08-10-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8808375)

Well they probably planned on working on the new stuff with Dexter more than anything else. The throw to Baldwin was a might as well give the guy a ball throw.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 8808377)
I think, assuming they all continue to put great effort like they did tonight, the coaches are going to have a very very tough decision on their hands in regards to the RB position.

I still think Droughn is going to beat out Gray.

Red Brooklyn 08-10-2012 09:35 PM

Cassel looked much better than I expected. Call me cautiously pessimistic.

McCluster... look, it's no secret. I love the guy. I think he's a blast to watch. I know he's not the best on the field, but he adds a lot of dimension and I think he gets treated too harshly around here. I though he looked great.

Our running game is going to be the best in the league if everyone stays healthy.

Our O-Line looks every bit as good as expected, and maybe even a little better in places.

Defense is a beast.

But... it's only one preseason game. We'll see if they can keep it going. I just want to see consistency and smart, aggressive play.

I have a good feeling about the season.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808380)
What part of hitting the open receiver doesn't register with you?

Cassel has made a career out of hitting short passes and not putting up points. I'm glad he hit open receivers but, again, I've seen him hit those passes before.

Encouraged by the one impressive throw he made.

Brock 08-10-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808386)
I still think Droughn is going to beat out Gray.

You're dreaming.

Quesadilla Joe 08-10-2012 09:35 PM

The Chiefs' running game and defense looked sharp. Cassel looked like the best QB on the Chiefs roster by a wide margin. Woulda liked to see Baldwin get more balls thrown his way....

And the Cardinals are absolutely awful. They might be picking #1 or #2 next year.