ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Broncos: I don't see it. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259165)

BigMeatballDave 05-02-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8589625)
And if Baldwin isn't starting this year, failpick.

STFU

We are hating on Denver.

You need your own seperate Chiefs Hate thread.

Okie_Apparition 05-02-2012 07:17 PM

& when Manning does his I got pee dance
he's realy, really gotta pee :skip:

BDB 05-02-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8589611)
I like Decker and Thomas, and I think they can do tons when defenses hike their safeties up. But since everybody who plays you will be dropping 8, well, you better hope your San Diego State rookie you traded up for is a hell of a checkdown option.

By the way, the Colts were racked up something ungodly in rushing yards the year they won the Super Bowl.A halfway decent run game. Manning can't leave home without it.

But this is my favorite part of your whole post:

Deep down, what I know is that the 2012 Broncos are basically the 2010 Colts with a shitty run game and a vulnerable defense you did basically nothing to repair.

But hey, there's always the future. How's Osweiler look in orange? You loving that 30-second release?

Once, again Decker lead the league with Orton at QB and Denver was near the top in passing attemps. With Orton at QB, teams may not have dropped 8 but they did play the pass more than the run. Also, do you really believe Manning vs 8 men in coverage was all his steller WRs in Indy? Come on, man!

Denver is lead the league in rushing vs defenses that did nothing BUT play man coverage, so I'm betting that 8 men deep will be very a welcomed sight to Denver.

Ungodly rushing yards? Half-way decent running game? Dude, do you just make this shit up as you go along? Indy ranked THIRTY-SECOND in rushing in 2009, the year they lost the SB. And 29th in 2010. Since they trade Edgrin James, Manning has never had a running game Indy. Don't be an asshat, look it up before you spew your crap. It's only going to make this season that much more painful for ya if you don't at least try to dabble a little bit in reality.

Quesadilla Joe 05-02-2012 07:28 PM

Open your eyes.

Ebolapox 05-02-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8589725)
Open your eyes.

coming from you, that's rather cute.

Okie_Apparition 05-02-2012 07:38 PM

I guess we need to smooch up to Rivers & Palmer too : pissoff:

Chiefaholic 05-02-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8589625)
And if Baldwin isn't starting this year, failpick.

That's funny... Your parents basically said the same thing about you moving out and becoming a man this year. I certainly hope you don't disappoint them again....

ImuMamalukabubuday 05-02-2012 07:39 PM

decker had 266 yards through 5 games...for an average of less that 55 yards per game. I'm pretty sure that didn't lead the league in anything. what stats are you looking at?

whoman69 05-02-2012 07:42 PM

This is going to be the least talented team that Manning has ever been on. We saw how bad the Colts were without him. Their run game will be non-existent, but that doesn't matter to Manning. Their defense is going to revert in some ways, but Dumerville and Miller may suit more the get after the QB when you have a lead team that he had in Indy. Dawkins loss will hurt and Bailey is a year older. Last year he couldn't cover Bowe, but when Bowe went down he blanketed everyone else he covered. Bowe won't have Orton throwing to him either.

-King- 05-02-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDB (Post 8589723)
Once, again Decker lead the league with Orton at QB and Denver was near the top in passing attemps. With Orton at QB, teams may not have dropped 8 but they did play the pass more than the run. Also, do you really believe Manning vs 8 men in coverage was all his steller WRs in Indy? Come on, man!

Denver is lead the league in rushing vs defenses that did nothing BUT play man coverage, so I'm betting that 8 men deep will be very a welcomed sight to Denver.

Ungodly rushing yards? Half-way decent running game? Dude, do you just make this shit up as you go along? Indy ranked THIRTY-SECOND in rushing in 2009, the year they lost the SB. And 29th in 2010. Since they trade Edgrin James, Manning has never had a running game Indy. Don't be an asshat, look it up before you spew your crap. It's only going to make this season that much more painful for ya if you don't at least try to dabble a little bit in reality.

Denver led the league in rushing because their quarterback was really a running back. Not because their running backs were actually good.

OnTheWarpath15 05-02-2012 07:51 PM

They went 8-8 and won a playoff game last year with Tim Tebow at QB.

Hard to see them doing any worse with virtually the same team, but replacing Tebow with an elite QB.

Simplicity 05-02-2012 07:52 PM

Broncos blow... /thread

MahiMike 05-02-2012 07:54 PM

The most brilliant thing about the Manning pickup was that Elway was able to get rid of Tebow with little complaint. Even if it doesn't work out, he's still ahead.

OnTheWarpath15 05-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8589783)
Denver led the league in rushing because their quarterback was really a running back. Not because their running backs were actually good.

McGahee ran for 1200 yards - good for 8th overall and 4th in AFC.

Obviously, Tebow running for 600+ is why they led the league, but to imply their backs were bad is ridiculous.

Ebolapox 05-02-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8589802)
They went 8-8 and won a playoff game last year with Tim Tebow at QB.

Hard to see them doing any worse with virtually the same team, but replacing Tebow with an elite QB.

I understand and even can get behind that a bit... but statistically speaking, they benefitted from, in baseball terms, an EXTREMELY (and unsustainably) HIGH BABIP. you have to assume that they'll return to the mean by at LEAST a bit, and lose several more than they should win (rather than vice versa like they did last year).