ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251423)

Rain Man 10-19-2011 12:32 PM

I very seldom watch horror movies, because I don't really enjoy that type of experience. From the little experience I have, the ones that bother me most are the supernatural/demon possession ones more than the monsters or slashers. I've only seen part of The Exorcist, but it's the type of movie that I would find most scary, I think. The Saw/Hostel stuff wouldn't scare me as much as it would disgust me, so I wouldn't count them as scary.

Having said that, I was flipping through the channels last Halloween week when I stopped on "The Hills Have Eyes". Holy cow, that was creepy.

On a related note, I saw the movie 50/50 last week, and the guy is going in to the hospital for cancer treatments and chemo and stuff. While it's not "boo!" scary, it's in a way almost scarier because it's real and there's a legitimate possibility of having to do it.

Donger 10-19-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8006557)

I just sharted. Thanks.

Donger 10-19-2011 12:35 PM

Oh, and pretty much all the Omen movies.

Pants 10-19-2011 12:38 PM

The frisbee with razors in it was just so ****ing awesome.

dannybcaitlyn 10-19-2011 12:47 PM

The Grudge and also The Ring

rocknrolla 10-19-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8006147)
Blair Witch Project.

I thought it was more laughable than scary.

rocknrolla 10-19-2011 12:55 PM

When I was a kid Amitiyville horror and the Exorcist, scared the shit out of me.
A few years ago, I watched The hills have eyes at 3 in the morning. For some reason that movie spooked me pretty good.

QuikSsurfer 10-19-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 8006657)
A few years ago, I watched The hills have eyes at 3 in the morning. For some reason that movie spooked me pretty good.

I thought it was more laughable than scary.

siberian khatru 10-19-2011 01:08 PM

The Legend of Boggy Creek

Nzoner 10-19-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8006379)
I really like a movie called Session 9. They filmed it inside a real abandoned mental hospital in Danvers, Massachusetts. It's a pretty slow movie and it revolves around an asbestos removal team that has to go inside this old place and obviously....remove asbestos. Well the place is just creepy. One of the guys finds an old box with a bunch of recorded sessions with a female patient with multiple personalities. I really won't go into any more detail than that, and this movie probably isn't for everyone. However I really found it to be a good scary movie.

:thumb:

The scene where the kid afraid of the dark is trying to outrun the row of lights going out was creepy as hell.

Nzoner 10-19-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8006423)
I remember this one scene of a horror flick I watched as a kid, but have never watched the full film, or even know what it is. Maybe one of you can help me out....

So the scene goes as I remember....

This ventriloquist doll (or something similar) comes to life and is chasing this girl around this house. As the doll chases her down the hallway she runs into a room and locks herself in a bedroom. After a few seconds of freaking out, she slowly moves down to her knee's to look through the crack under the door, and she finds that the doll is doing the exact same thing on the other side... which was scary as fuck.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

EDIT: Actually I started to google search, and found it!

WTACH THIS SHIT

http://youtu.be/4-8ocnmE0Ts

It was a short story from "USA Up All Nights, Night Flight."

Even older than that was a movie called Trilogy Of Terror where a vodoo doll comes to life and terrorizes a woman in her apartment.

Lzen 10-19-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8006379)
I really like a movie called Session 9. They filmed it inside a real abandoned mental hospital in Danvers, Massachusetts. It's a pretty slow movie and it revolves around an asbestos removal team that has to go inside this old place and obviously....remove asbestos. Well the place is just creepy. One of the guys finds an old box with a bunch of recorded sessions with a female patient with multiple personalities. I really won't go into any more detail than that, and this movie probably isn't for everyone. However I really found it to be a good scary movie.

I've got that one on my Netflix instant queue.

Lzen 10-19-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8006411)
The Day After still touches a harrowing nerve with me, even today as an adult.

I was going to mention The Day After. That, to me, is the most scary thing because it seems to be a real possibility.

Deberg_1990 10-19-2011 01:22 PM

Not too much scares me anymore....just get chills.....The Paranormal Acvitivity movies and The Strangers gave me decent chills recently.

When i was a kid The Exorcist, Shining, and Carrie all freaked me out pretty good. oh, and that Doll story from Trilogy of Terror.

Nzoner 10-19-2011 01:25 PM

One of mine was a short from the original Night Gallery tv pilot called The Cemetery about a painting that keeps changing.Scared the crap out of me as a kid and as stated if watching in the right atmosphere still gives me the creeps.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bqL66-ZDQoA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>