ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Expect Flurry of First-Round Draft Trades (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243958)

-King- 04-14-2011 07:33 PM

C
WR2
NT
RT
LOLB

Those are the PRESSING needs. Those are the positions that need to be addressed ASAP. We don't know shit about Cassel anymore. We don't know if he really does suck or if he can play like he did in mid to late 2010 for the foreseeable future. We should know by the end of this year, but right now, we can't say that its NEED.

ToxSocks 04-14-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7565491)
No they aren't.. they are weak spots for sure.. but they aren't HOLES like our total lack of NT or C or OLB or WR

I count RB2 as a hole. how the **** are you gonna be a running team with only one (frail) back?

I dont agree with OTWP about WR3. I think Dexter can fill that void just fine.

I'm not gonna bag on Cassel. He is progressing. He did stuff last year I didn't think I'd ever see him do, so Ima hope he can continue to improve.

Even still, Holes at RB2 WR2 OLB C NT DE are pretty freaking hard to overcome when you have a marginal QB.

OnTheWarpath15 04-14-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7565527)
I count RB2 as a hole. how the **** are you gonna be a running team with only one (frail) back?

Even still, Holes at RB2 WR2 OLB C NT DE are pretty freaking hard to overcome when you have a marginal QB.

This. Especially the bold.

BossChief 04-14-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7565476)
:facepalm:

Another guy hoping for lightning to strike instead of building a dynasty.

Not at all.

I AM expecting this set of premier coaches to make the players we have play better than has been seen thus far due to the age of most of the players in question and their respective potential(s).

Richardson
Studebaker
Jackson
Tucker
Cassel

IMO we need our coaches to make solid players out of at least 2-3 of those guys for us to take the next step as a team.

If you want to count that as "hope" well, I guess thats your opinion but I think that asking for good coaches to get players under them to improve is expected and that all of those guys have shown the ability to play at a very high level for us at times...now what needs to happen is for them to develop consistency and that is what coaches like:

Zorn
Crennel
Haley
Muir (laugh all you want but the guy has been a pro coach longer than most of you have watched the game)

All have a track record of doing good things with the players they have coached in the past.

We fill 4 spots (minimum) through coaching up current players/free agency/drafted players and we are a repeat champ of the afc west...we fill 5 and we can probably win a playoff game...we fill 6 need spots with good players and we can beat anyone in the NFL.

The Bad Guy 04-14-2011 08:09 PM

If we win one championship, I don't give a rats ass about becoming a dynasty.

The goal is to win a title for me. One title before I die is all I ask.

-King- 04-14-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7565697)

This.

Bewbies 04-14-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 7565455)
I beg to differ(Dilfer?), teams with bigger holes than those have won championships.

We're several guys away, and boatloads of luck, from having that kind of defense. If you want to keep Cassel, that defense is what we're going to need.

-King- 04-14-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7565665)
Not at all.

I AM expecting this set of premier coaches to make the players we have play better than has been seen thus far due to the age of most of the players in question and their respective potential(s).

Richardson
Studebaker
Jackson
Tucker
Cassel

IMO we need our coaches to make solid players out of at least 2-3 of those guys for us to take the next step as a team.

If you want to count that as "hope" well, I guess thats your opinion but I think that asking for good coaches to get players under them to improve is expected and that all of those guys have shown the ability to play at a very high level for us at times...now what needs to happen is for them to develop consistency and that is what coaches like:

Zorn
Crennel
Haley
Muir (laugh all you want but the guy has been a pro coach longer than most of you have watched the game)

All have a track record of doing good things with the players they have coached in the past.

We fill 4 spots (minimum) through coaching up current players/free agency/drafted players and we are a repeat champ of the afc west...we fill 5 and we can probably win a playoff game...we fill 6 need spots with good players and we can beat anyone in the NFL.

Damn, until now, I had forgotten we got Zorn.

SAUTO 04-14-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7565697)

Yep. win a championship, THEN worry about another then another. Can't ever have a chance without the first one.

I, too, would be happy with just one.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 04-14-2011 10:36 PM

If there is a lot of trade activity on draft, I expect the Chiefs to be involved. I see Pioli wanting to stockpile draft picks.

HighChief 04-15-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7565835)
We're several guys away, and boatloads of luck, from having that kind of defense. If you want to keep Cassel, that defense is what we're going to need.

If Dilfer and Brad Johnson and Eli Manning can win one we can win one with Cassel. You would be hard pressed to convince a ton of people that Eli is any better than matt. We have a pretty good D but dont need the best D ever to win it all with Cassel.

We are a few pieces away and some luck away from a championship WITH MATT CASSEL.

Brock 04-15-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighChief (Post 7566747)
If Dilfer and Brad Johnson and Eli Manning can win one we can win one with Cassel. You would be hard pressed to convince a ton of people that Eli is any better than matt. We have a pretty good D but dont need the best D ever to win it all with Cassel.

We are a few pieces away and some luck away from a championship WITH MATT CASSEL.

All of those QBs you mentioned had great, GREAT defenses.

the Talking Can 04-15-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighChief (Post 7566747)

hilarious....Dilfer won with one of the greatest defenses in NFL history...

and how hard would it be to convince anyone that a QB who won a superbowl - Eli -is better than Cassel?

the only thing we've seen from Cassel in the playoffs if that he shits his pants...so, I guess we either need to acquire one of the best defenses in history, or hope Cassel magically becomes clutch...

we need the best player on our team to be the QB if we're serious about a superbowl...right now the best player is a RB...big problem

Chiefnj2 04-15-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7566816)

and how hard would it be to convince anyone that a QB who won a superbowl - Eli -is better than Cassel?

the only thing we've seen from Cassel in the playoffs if that he shits his pants...so, I guess we either need to acquire one of the best defenses in history, or hope Cassel magically becomes clutch...

we need the best player on our team to be the QB if we're serious about a superbowl...right now the best player is a RB...big problem

He played in 1 playoff game. I guess he can never get better. IIRC the BEST player fumbled and couldn't convert a 4th a 1.

milkman 04-15-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7566816)

One could argue that Emmit Smith was the best player on his team when the Cowboys were dynastic in the nineties (I would argue otherwise, but that's another discussion).

But aside from Smith, the best player on every one of the dynastic teams through the years has always been the QB.

And I know there are people who would argue that Terry Bradshaw wasn't, but he was far better than most people recognize, and was the only one that adapted to changes in system as his offense evolved through the dynastic years.