ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pizza Toppings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154282)

Baby Lee 12-13-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated
different spelling, i think

Ham comes from the leg or thigh. Canadian Bacon comes from a loin. Because pork is a more homogenous meat than beef, and because they are similarly cured, they appear quite alike. But Canadian Bacon should be lower in fat and higher in muscle.

Baby Lee 12-13-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil
The proper way to cook a baby is with a rotisserie. That seals the skin and allows it to simmer in its own juices. You can then remove choice cuts and slice them up to appropriate sizes for baking on a pizza. I believe the moisture (from the rest of the pizza evaporating) in the oven keeps the young long pork from drying out. Yum!

Set it. . .

AND FORGET IT!!

listopencil 12-13-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Set it. . .

AND FORGET IT!!

You can heat up the salted garlic butter while you are waiting for your baby to cook. Brilliant!

Monty 12-13-2006 03:36 PM

If ordered at either a Mazzio's or Big Cheese Pizza, this is heaven:

Deep Pan
Pepperoni
Italian Sausage
Mushrooms
Anchovies
EXTRA Cheese

DMAC 12-13-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil
The proper way to cook a baby is with a rotisserie. That seals the skin and allows it to simmer in its own juices. You can then remove choice cuts and slice them up to appropriate sizes for baking on a pizza. I believe the moisture (from the rest of the pizza evaporating) in the oven keeps the young long pork from drying out. Yum!

Sounds complicated...I think most people would like to just go to an all you can fetus buffet.

DMAC 12-13-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty
If ordered at either a Mazzio's or Big Cheese Pizza, this is heaven:

Deep Pan
Pepperoni
Italian Sausage
Mushrooms
Anchovies
EXTRA Cheese

Springpatch has no Mazzio's anymore...just Zio's.

Is it Mahhzio's or Maazio's?

tomahawk kid 12-13-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
I went to Minsky's in KC and man do I miss it. What a fantastic place.

I usually only like pepperoni and extra cheese but I think I'd like anything they serve at Minsky's. I had some of their Papa Minsky and some of their Mediterranean. Both were choice.

I've found that I actually "borrow" Minsky's more often that I actually digest it.

Monty 12-13-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC
Springpatch has no Mazzio's anymore...just Zio's.

Is it Mahhzio's or Maazio's?

Found this from some chicks' webblog that listed the top 100 things she disliked:

"34. People who insist that corporations are mispronouncing the company names (just because that's how it would be pronounced in another language, doesn't make it right. ex: mazzios, not the Italian pronunciation of "mahts-zios")"

This is intended only to ignite a discussion, not to answer the question. ;)

The full list is here: http://oklahomasoonerbitch.blogspot....use-i-can.html

BIG_DADDY 12-13-2006 03:57 PM

If it's one topping it would be pepperoni. They do a greek combo down the street from my house that is the bomb though. Large pizza weighs like 7 pounds I kid you not.

slappyhappy 12-13-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly
preferably pepperoni and jalepenos

MMMMmmm.. My Fav Jilly!

Easy 6 12-13-2006 05:33 PM

Lets take this to a different track...

Who prefers thick crust???

Who prefers thin???

I gotta go with thin, with thick crust, as Baby Lee mentioned, its just too much damn bread for me, it swallows up 1/2 the flavor.

With a crispy thin crust you can actually taste the toppings.

Baby Lee 12-13-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
Lets take this to a different track...

Who prefers thick crust???

Who prefers thin???

I gotta go with thin, with thick crust, as Baby Lee mentioned, its just too much damn bread for me, it swallows up 1/2 the flavor.

With a crispy thin crust you can actually taste the toppings.

I've mused on the efficacy of a pizza buffet offering a thin layer of sauce on wax paper, with a layer of cheese and pepperoni on top, cook to crispiness.
Diners could just scrape a hunk off the paper and not feel guilty about leaving all that crust behind.

;)

BIG_DADDY 12-13-2006 05:40 PM

Thin Crust

patteeu 12-13-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Cici's is eating just to exist. The salad bar is decent, but everything else is a study in how to put a few toppings as possible on a hunk of bread dough. I'm not immune to the infusion of plentiful carbs, but I've never left saying "what a delicious meal." Usually just "God, I'm stuffed."

Yeah, I'd never recommend it as a place to go for great pizza. It's a cheap place to eat your fill. Most of the times I've been there it's been for parties for my kids little league teams or birthday parties.

Nzoner 12-13-2006 07:27 PM

While not my fav Valentinos has a cheesburger pizza with mustard lettuce and dill pickle on it and I have to say all baked together it is quite good.