ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Matthew Vaughns "Kingsman: The Secret Service" trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283825)

mdchiefsfan 06-01-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11526674)
I was bummed about Colin Firth dying, but I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I looked at it as a British take on Wanted, and I see it having the same sort of questions/issues if it goes for sequels.

Whelp! Came to see if it was worth a look, and find this...

Did his death make you feel.... Deflated? :D

Silock 06-01-2015 11:36 PM

I couldn't deal with the fact that the music sounds like it was lifted straight out of Avengers. It was almost identical.

Just Passin' By 06-02-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11529272)
Whelp! Came to see if it was worth a look, and find this...

Did his death make you feel.... Deflated? :D

Not at all. It kept me on pins and needles...*

*fixed the spoiler situation. Apologies for that.

mdchiefsfan 06-02-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11530470)
Not at all. It kept me on pins and needles...*

*fixed the spoiler situation. Apologies for that.

No worries. I'll most likely check it out anyways. I'm not one to get too worked up over that type of stuff. :thumb:

ragedogg69 06-10-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 11354810)
Not that i have anything against gratuitous violence,

pretty sure you do. It was over the top and gratuitous. Which was the point. It became absurd. Which is why people enjoyed it. "Lighten up Francis."

Coochie liquor 07-17-2015 04:28 AM

Watched it last night. Really good, much better than what I was thinking. The action scenes are crazy!!

DJ's left nut 07-20-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11603092)
Watched it last night. Really good, much better than what I was thinking. The action scenes are crazy!!

Rented it over the weekend as well - really fun movie.

Matthew Vaughn said they made the movie looking for a 'fun' spy flick instead of the over-the-top serious Bond/Bourne movies. He noted that even superhero movies kind of have their head up their asses these days and he just wanted to make something of a throwback, over the top spy flick.

He succeeded quite well. Mark Strong is just awesome and some how, some way, they WILL bring Firth back if a sequel happens.

Damn enjoyable movie and while it's not exactly Citizen Kane, the stylized violence is incredibly well done.

Easy 6 07-20-2015 04:45 PM

Yep, based on the trailers I was expecting a big piece of crap "James Bond for high school kids"... but ended up very pleasantly surprised, the action is at once outrageous yet incredibly well done.

This is a killer popcorn flick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-20-2015 05:42 PM

This is a great movie. Saved to the collection.