ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games A $100 game console called Ouya is smashing records on Kickstarter (Video) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261371)

007 07-27-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 8772820)
I too bought the $400 Vita and it just sits there but....when I travel it is amazing for passing time on the flight. The show is incredible, and im sure some future tiger woods, maddens, will be great time passers as well.

Im not sure about the Ouya, but it looks like a long shot at best due to the success of steam and how easy it is to plug in a wired xbox controller and have the exact same set up but with more power. (in most cases) Hell, im typing this while using a 50" plasma flat screen as a monitor. What am I missing that Ouya could offer?

yeah, I am really starting to regret that Vita purchase. Gravity Rush sucked. the only new game coming out is Little Big Planet and I don't even like that on the PS3.

Deberg_1990 07-27-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8772869)
yeah, I am really starting to regret that Vita purchase. Gravity Rush sucked. the only new game coming out is Little Big Planet and I don't even like that on the PS3.

So the Vita is flopping?

I havent heard much buzz about it for awhile now....

Kidd Lex 07-27-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8773128)
So the Vita is flopping?

It's the lack of games. Just very disappointing!! Great system without alot of 3rd party AAA games.

007 07-27-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8773128)
So the Vita is flopping?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 8773135)
It's the lack of games. Just very disappointing!! Great system without alot of 3rd party AAA games.

Exactly. It is a outstanding piece of hardware capable of high end console graphics. Problem is that nobody is developing for it, which is making it become a damn paperweight.

Imon Yourside 07-28-2012 12:05 AM

I only see 3 or 4 games coming out total the rest of the year, but if Sly cooper makes it out i will be ecstatic. Allegedly next year is a gigantic year for vita games, trouble is that was supposed to be this year.

Imon Yourside 07-28-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8772869)

Ironically i keep hearing how incredible gravity rush is.....probably does suck tho lolz.

Fish 07-28-2012 12:26 AM

The Android open system environment is notoriously easy to pirate as well. The best awesome developers like the ones making current games on PC, Xbox, and PS3 aren't going to have much motivation to port their games to a less profitable platform that's easy to pirate.

007 07-28-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8773677)
Ironically i keep hearing how incredible gravity rush is.....probably does suck tho lolz.

I know the majority of players really like it. I haven't enjoyed it at all. Aiming is a real pain in the butt because I just can't get used to the navigation system. I find myself constantly frustrated with the game because of it. Got to level 13 and just lost interest in it.

SuperChief 07-31-2012 07:40 AM

Final Fantasy comes to OUYA
Update #7 · Jul. 31, 2012 · 92 comments

http://kck.st/MZ1Mdw

We’ve been saying that OUYA will offer all kinds of games.

This morning, we are honored to announce that OUYA is partnering with Square Enix to bring you one of the most beloved franchises in gaming -- Final Fantasy. We will kick this off with Final Fantasy III, which will be a launch title on OUYA. This will be the first time gamers outside of Japan can play FFIII on their televisions through a console.

But that’s not the end of it: We’re promising to deliver Final Fantasy III like you’ve never seen it before – Hironobu Sakaguchi’s third installment in the role playing game franchise will be updated to exploit OUYA’s high-definition resolution in glorious graphic detail. For those of you who are new to Final Fantasy, we’ll offer a free demo so you can give it a go!

Previously unreleased in the U.S. until it appeared as a 3D remake for the Nintendo DS in 2006, Final Fantasy III was widely referred to as one of the “missing pieces” in the FF series. OUYA players can now proudly claim this piece of the puzzle.

We’re thrilled to bring this storied franchise to OUYA.

Valiant 08-08-2012 07:18 PM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...roller-support

007 08-08-2012 08:58 PM

I thought this was supposed to be a $100 console. That article states a two controller bundle will be $225. One controller is an extra $125 now?

What am I missing here?

Swanman 08-09-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8801857)
I thought this was supposed to be a $100 console. That article states a two controller bundle will be $225. One controller is an extra $125 now?

What am I missing here?

The $225 bundle contains an extra controller and both are specially engraved, so that bundle is like a collectors edition.

Rausch 08-09-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8802381)
The $225 bundle contains an extra controller and both are specially engraved, so that bundle is like a collectors edition.

So it's like the APPLE of consoles?

They better find a way to acquire a devoted and fanatic following.

Quick...

Fish 08-09-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8802390)
So it's like the APPLE of consoles?

They better find a way to acquire a devoted and fanatic following.

Quick...

But.... they have Final Fantasy 3! That 22 year old game is tits! Also, Pac-Man!!! Galaga!

Valiant 08-09-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8801857)

What am I missing here?

Lol,I said a finished product would be 150 to 200 guessing. They keep adding games, keep game costs low to where the deveopers keep most of their money and it will sell a tons.

Look how well the marketplace does for older games in hd version, they could retool 1000s ofgames for cheap, and below initial cost of ps4, neXtBox. The only thing the system will not be ableto do, mmo and halo5 type graphics.

Basically trying to steal customers from casual users(wii), tablet crowd,facebook/zynga gamers, and the arcade buyers on ps3/360 all for cheaper.

I think people giving money will get locked in depending on what they spent for the base model and one controllerc, then it will go up from there on cost and options.

Well imo.