ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Soccer Ratings down in the USA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316258)

ROYC75 07-16-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13630632)
Fix the product and actually qualify for the World Cup and ratings will go up. It will always be the 4th sport in USA, until the NFL consumes itself that is.

4th?

College Basketball?
College Football?

Seriously 1 could argue NASCAR has passed it and even possibly Golf.

AndChiefs 07-16-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13631148)
4th?

College Basketball?
College Football?

NASCAR is way down and no one really watches golf when tigers not there.

BWillie 07-16-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13631141)
A big problem has to be that MLS just isn't very good. One only has to catch a few world cup games to realize the stark contrast.

I honestly couldn't tell the difference at all. In fact, I don't really know what makes a soccer player so good or not. You show me an MLS game and a World Cup came, looks exactly the same to me. It doesn't appear to me that the most athletic guys are automatically the best, although being athletic is a plus, kind of like in baseball.

FD 07-16-2018 03:44 PM

No shit ratings were down, no USA team.

I like the world cup and usually look forward to it every 4 years, this year I didn't catch a single match. Oh well.

sedated 07-16-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13631167)
I honestly couldn't tell the difference at all. In fact, I don't really know what makes a soccer player so good or not. You show me an MLS game and a World Cup came, looks exactly the same to me.

I'm sure that has something to do with thinking soccer sucks.

I love the World Cup, this year was especially amazing, but cannot watch MLS.

Bewbies 07-16-2018 03:46 PM

Meanwhile more than 72,000 people attended the Atlanta vs Seattle match on Sunday here in Atlanta.

Lot of you here are going to wonder what the hell happened when soccer isn't league #4 come 2026 in this country.

jd1020 07-16-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13631148)
4th?

College Basketball?
College Football?

When people survey a sports popularity they generally aren't dividing it up into each individual level. It's just a general football, basketball, baseball, etc...

The only other sport that trades blows with soccer is hockey. Both are pathetically low in popularity, not quite Nascar level bad, but not far off. I wouldn't be shocked if you asked a bunch of people who their favorite Nascar driver was and their answer was "Ricky Bobby."

The last survey I read on the subject said that only 7% of the people surveyed even mentioned a 4th sport.

BWillie 07-16-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13631176)
I'm sure that has something to do with thinking soccer sucks.

I love the World Cup, this year was especially amazing, but cannot watch MLS.

I'm trying to like soccer, but dear god is it hard. Part of soccer's popularity is it is what always was. It's what the Rest of the World grew up with and everyone told them to love it. If you grew up with a sport entrenched in your culture, you will probably be a follower. Just like baseball for us. Baseball IMO is a rather boring sport, and I acknowledge it and yet still follow it. Fortunately in the US we have other options as well. I give alot of credit to nations that create their own sport and get a massive following like Australian Rules football. Lots of respect there. Going their own way.

Baby Lee 07-16-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13631167)
I honestly couldn't tell the difference at all. In fact, I don't really know what makes a soccer player so good or not. You show me an MLS game and a World Cup came, looks exactly the same to me. It doesn't appear to me that the most athletic guys are automatically the best, although being athletic is a plus, kind of like in baseball.

Well shit, why didn't you say so to start with?

Your take in this thread is akin to saying you'd like to punch people in the ****ing mouth who don't stick to their local barbecue, even if they live in LA or Portland or some shit, instead of whoring out to KC BBQ. Then you later admit you have no taste buds.

WTF?

BWillie 07-16-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13631211)

Your take in this thread is akin to saying you'd like to punch people in the ****ing mouth who don't stick to their local barbecue, even if they live in LA or Portland or some shit, instead of whoring out to KC BBQ. Then you later admit you have no taste buds.

WTF?

Completely different.

You don't get to choose your sports fandom, IMO! I don't get to be a Golden State Warrior fan now. I'm stuck with who I grew up with. Deal with it.

GO KU FOOTBAWL. 2 WINS THIS YEAR BABY

loochy 07-16-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13631134)
Oh yeah, your mom and dad came from England or Croatia? Or whatever. Fine. You have a common link lineage. If your great great great great grandparents came from France, and your 10% French or something like that then give me a break.

I think the players who are American through and through like Chris Kaman and go play for Team Germany in the Olympics, or for a different team in the World Cup are pieces of dog shit. Just like I thought it was complete bullshit that the UNITED STATES SOCCER TEAM hired a GERMAN COACH. What kind of shit is that?

It's the kind of shit that wants to win. You do know that it is quite common for national teams to have foreign national coaches, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy 07-16-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13631211)

WTF?

LMAO baby lee wins with that comparison
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie 07-16-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13631242)
It's the kind of shit that wants to win. You do know that it is quite common for national teams to have foreign national coaches, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

I do. And I don't like it. If it's is a pro team, different. Fine. But a NATIONAL TEAM. EVERYONE better be from that country, otherwise, why do we even do it?

jd1020 07-16-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13631256)
I do. And I don't like it. If it's is a pro team, different. Fine. But a NATIONAL TEAM. EVERYONE better be from that country, otherwise, why do we even do it?

So you aren't a fan of guys like Jermaine Jones playing for the US? He was born in Germany to a German mother and American father who was stationed in Germany while serving in the US Army.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 07-16-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13631181)
Meanwhile more than 72,000 people attended the Atlanta vs Seattle match on Sunday here in Atlanta.

Lot of you here are going to wonder what the hell happened when soccer isn't league #4 come 2026 in this country.

Yeah, I flipped to an Atlanta match a couple weeks ago and noticed the stadium looked packed. MLS needs to try to steal some upper-tier in-their-prime players from Europe. Until then a ton of people are going to follow Euro teams. My dad's from Munich so I root for Bayern. I don't see myself following any MLS teams until they up their game. It would be like getting super into some AA baseball team. The stadiums filling up is a good sign, though.