ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270326)

DTLB58 02-23-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9428874)
Dorsey is never going to say a single sentence that reveals his thought process. Ever. There's literally no reason to interview him ever again.

He would probably enjoy that just as much as we would enjoy never listening to his zero information Q & A sessions again.

There have been few (Maybe Carl was one one of the few exceptions, oh and JJ.) GM's in this league that really like standing up in front of the media and trying to not give out info that they know everyone really wants them to.

Icon 02-23-2013 04:11 PM

Hopefully his comments were made in an effort to get a team to trade up for Joekel. Problem is there's not much difference between Joekel, Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson. Fisher and Johnson may end up better NFL tackles.

Worst year in a long time to have the overall #1 pick if your hoping to trade down.

Just take a QB 1-1. This draft is deep. We should be able to get good players in rounds 2 -5 too.

Ace Gunner 02-23-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428964)
Which is just silly.

If they REALLY wanted to trade that pick, they'd start spreading rumors that their interviews with Smith and/or Barkley were off the charts.

Using Luke Joeckel as trade bait is ****ing hilarious, if that's what they're doing.

And by hilarious, I mean pathetic.

he could be using this to get Albert back to the table. not sure if that'd be hilarious or not.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-23-2013 04:15 PM

If they come away with Geno, Wilson or Barkley in the end. I don't give a shit what they do.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9428972)
he could be using this to get Albert back to the table. not sure if that'd be hilarious or not.

No, that would actually be kind of reasonable. Although I'd think there would be better ways to get him to negotiate other than threatening to replace him with a rookie. That sounds like something Carl would do.

BossChief 02-23-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428950)
If that's the case then they are dumb.

Nobody wants our pick, especially not for a tackle.

I could see the Lions moving up for Joeckel if they dont like Eric Fisher...or vice versa.

That would cost them this years first and second...as well as next years first.

That would mean that Geno would need to be passed on by the Jags, Raiders and Philly...or that another team wouldn't move up to take him in front of one of those teams...if he does get picked, we would be in the Barkley or Wilson area still.

If Joeckel is as good as they say he could be, he is worth that much of an investment to a team built like Detroit.

Lets cut to the chase though, there is no way they are gonna do that...we are taking Geno Smith with the first overall pick and thats that.

Lets not forget a CRUCIAL thing that Andy Reid said about the 1999 draft...

They were offered EVERY PICK (and then some, the Saints traded up to 5 for every pick in their draft and the Eagles picked 2nd) of the Saints to move up and turned the offer down to select Donovan McNabbb...who compares favorably to Geno Smith.

RunKC 02-23-2013 04:33 PM

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

I'm down for that.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429013)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

I'm down for that.

Again, while I would be pleased that the Chiefs drafted Wilson, this isn't a means to an end thing.

Drafting Joeckel is the same ****ing thing as punting ON THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. Just because a franchise QB gets drafted doesn't mean the way to get there doesn't matter.

I don't really care if the Chiefs' needs don't reflect the strengths of the draft. Hell, I don't really care that there aren't any generational talents at ANY position in this class. It's Dorsey and Reid's job to make a selection that will generate WINS for the franchise, not this mythical concept of "draft value." You know what draft value alone get you? Nothing. It's non-redeemable.

No ****ing excuses.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 04:44 PM

No offensive or defensive linemen at 1/1. It should be a QB, but it cannot be a lineman.

Hootie 02-23-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429043)
No offensive or defensive linemen at 1/1. It should be a QB, but it cannot be a lineman.

agreed

if they truly don't think Geno or any QB is worthy of #1 we better not take anymore ****ing beef

it better be that freakishly good DB or a FREAKISHLY great pass rusher or a speed demon WR

I'd be angry but not SUPER ****ING PISSED OFF.

If we take a ****ing tackle, guard or any DL I'm going to beat Hamas Jenkins to the MOTHER **** YOU JOHN DORSEY/ANDY REID thread this year.

Hootie 02-23-2013 04:48 PM

if we take Joeckel and let Albert walk and trade for Foles or Alex Smith and don't draft a QB we better win at least 11 games or a playoff game or this whole regime dies to me right away.

Easy 6 02-23-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9428874)
Dorsey is never going to say a single sentence that reveals his thought process. Ever. There's literally no reason to interview him ever again.

Hootie 02-23-2013 04:49 PM

and if it's Alex Smith he better throw for 4000 yards and 30 TD's and be Trent Green ****ing good while we're at it

if it is Foles he better flash some serious franchise QB potential

anything short of that and I'll hate those two ****ers until further notice

RunKC 02-23-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9429032)
Again, while I would be pleased that the Chiefs drafted Wilson, this isn't a means to an end thing.

Drafting Joeckel is the same ****ing thing as punting ON THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. Just because a franchise QB gets drafted doesn't mean the way to get there doesn't matter.

I don't really care if the Chiefs' needs don't reflect the strengths of the draft. Hell, I don't really care that there aren't any generational talents at ANY position in this class. It's Dorsey and Reid's job to make a selection that will generate WINS for the franchise, not this mythical concept of "draft value." You know what draft value alone get you? Nothing. It's non-redeemable.

No ****ing excuses.

I don't get it. You like it, but you don't like it?

tk13 02-23-2013 04:53 PM

He's probably going to end up more hated than Pioli, because people on here get fired up over press conference answers... all the way back to LJ diaper talk. Pioli was secretive but he'd drop hints and give ideas into his thought process because of his ego. The fact that he wanted to win with certain guys, etc. Dorsey appears like isn't even going to do that. He's literally going to say nothing of legitimate substance. At least so far.