ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eleven Things About Today's Game Week 10: KC 26 AZ 14 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318796)

petegz28 11-12-2018 09:39 AM

I think Watkins was missed. Both games he didn't play (Denver #1 & AZ) our offense looked to be a peg lower.

gblowfish 11-12-2018 10:22 AM

You can read what the Arizona sportswriters are saying here:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...fs/1970233002/

Couple of follow up things: Yeah, Fisher and Schwartz both had a poor day. Arizona's D-Line is the strongest part of their team. KC is playing with a bunch of backup guys in the center of the line, as was Arizona. Arizona was down to their fourth string guard. Both lines gave up five sacks, but KC had a bigger effect on Rosen than Arizona had on Mahomes.

Third quarter offense was lethargic. Arizona had a TD drive that took up seven minutes, so they had the ball for the lion's share of the third quarter.

I didn't know anything about the Mahomes family emergency till this morning. I'm sure that didn't help matters, but Mahomes handled the day well. Now he's going to have a greiving girlfriend on his hands. Hopefully he'll be able to handle that and get ready for the Rams this week too.

As far as Andy's game plan being "boring" or "bad," one simple question: Did he win the game? Another simple question: Was he ever behind in the game? Answers are yes and no. And I'll take a win any day of the week, no matter how it is rendered. Let's not turn into KU basketball fans and complain that "Our team didn't win by enough." Enjoy this current stretch of Chiefs football. It may be once in a lifetime.

Prison Bitch 11-12-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13886750)
1.MeeshMeesh

It's just Meesh

Saying it twice is just redundant and makes zero sense

Gravedigger 11-12-2018 10:24 AM

Yeah Watkins ability to be a second speed option to go along with Tyreek means that it’s easier for defenses to contain us more often than not. With Cooper Kupps injury as well I hope we can get Sammy back healthy to get a leg up on the Rams, pun intended.

gblowfish 11-12-2018 10:35 AM

Robinson and Conley had four catches for 52 yards filling in for Watkins. That's pretty good.

Chief Northman 11-12-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13887325)
Robinson and Conley had four catches for 52 yards filling in for Watkins. That's pretty good.

I detect that you are not a Watkins fan.

Truth is, he is more dependable than both Robinson and Conley. Conley struggles to seperate in man, and Robinson isn’t a great pass catcher.

Watkins’ hands and ability to seperate on short to intermediate routes allows the quick game to go. Mahomes took far too many hits yesterday, and compared to the Cleveland game, he was holding on to the ball too long as Kelce and Hill were getting extra attention (fortunately after exposing Tre Boston a couple times - so glad we never signed that fraud...).

Chiefs fans might not like Watkins’ price tag, but he opens up so much for this offense.

GloryDayz 11-12-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13887194)
We went in at 10 am yesterday. Walked around, checked out the HOF, Pro shops, warm ups, etc...

For us we didnt miss anything yesterday.

Very cool. We took a tour with the Scouts a couple of years ago and it was very cool to take the time to savour the things you usually hurry by on gameday.

RunKC 11-12-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13887344)

Truth is, he is more dependable than both Robinson and Conley. Conley struggles to seperate in man, and Robinson isn’t a great pass catcher.

Watkins’ hands and ability to seperate on short to intermediate routes allows the quick game to go. Mahomes took far too many hits yesterday, and compared to the Cleveland game, he was holding on to the ball too long as Kelce and Hill were getting extra attention (fortunately after exposing Tre Boston a couple times - so glad we never signed that fraud...).

Chiefs fans might not like Watkins’ price tag, but he opens up so much for this offense.

Big part of this is Andy too.

Every time we get a lead we sit on it in the 2nd half and it isn’t QB specific. Did with Alex...did it with Mahomes.

This has happened the last 2 home games.

gblowfish 11-12-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13887344)

Not true. I'm down with Sammy. Problem is, Sammy is down too. I think our wide receiver corps is amazingly deep. Maybe the best it's been since the Super Bowl IV team.

UK_Chief 11-12-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13887377)
Big part of this is Andy too.

Every time we get a lead we sit on it in the 2nd half and it isn’t QB specific. Did with Alex...did it with Mahomes.

This has happened the last 2 home games.

I’ve noticed this and I don’t really get it. He keeps the starters in but then plays vanilla and risks injuries to key players. I’d like to see us 2 or 3 scores out front and then get some back ups in for the fourth quarter.

gblowfish 11-12-2018 12:14 PM

Here's a picture I took at the game. This is the CBS sideline chick in the black jacket comparing notes with Danni Welniack the Chiefs sideline chick. The CBS chick looked like a diva. Danni looks more like a midwestern chick. She was wearing tight blue jeans and some rockin little snow bunny boots. Daddy likey. The dude in the black stocking cap was the CBS chicks personal "lighting guy." He followed here around with a portable fill light to shine on the CBS chick every time she went on camera. Geez.... And she had on black fingernail polish. Is she a Goth??

http://i66.tinypic.com/qs1duw.jpg

mnchiefsguy 11-12-2018 12:36 PM

Thanks George!

cabletech94 11-12-2018 12:38 PM

great work blowfish!! i ate a bowl of cincy chili in honor of you!! you do us proud brother!!

Marcellus 11-12-2018 12:43 PM

Nice write up George!

gblowfish 11-12-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 13887605)
great work blowfish!! i ate a bowl of cincy chili in honor of you!! you do us proud brother!!

Did you have a five way?