ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here Are 13 Plays Alex Smith Wants Back By Sam Millinger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289770)

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:36 PM

Those are brutal to watch, but I bet there can be similar articles created on every QB in the league. Now where's the 20+ catches that should've been made that the Chiefs want back?

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11249494)
Alex plays like that when jailbreak blitzes occur. He gets rattled, and you simply can't let that ****ing happen.

Tony Romo has an all-world line, but there were plenty of games where his OL did not play very well. He rarely let that deter him from either buying time with his legs or waiting to let the play develop a tad before making his throw.

You could tell in that gif that Dayze posted that Alex saw Wilson and wet his pants with excitement. He didn't give a shit what was on the other side of the field, and he didn't bother waiting around to find out. And he KNEW that was a questionable throw, and that the defenders had all kinds of opportunity to either break it up or worse.

The line was a problem. It needs to be fixed. But so does our QB.

Look at all great qb's they know how to move within the pocket to buy time. Alex doesnt, he just tucks and ****ing runs. There is no moving within the pocket for him

Pablo 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249493)
i like how he says Alex must get better and Alex says he needs to get better. dudes 30 years old. He's not going to get ****ing better lol

This is the sort of stuff that's just killing football talk on this forum!

Their tenth season is when some guys start to 'get it'. Some guys are just late bloomers and you can't expect anybody to succeed playing with the supporting cast Alex did.

RealSNR 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11249485)
Some people are going to be very upset that there's yet another article and thread hammering on our QB.

Get behind your team and QB guys! He's here whether you like it or not so you should probably just focus on the positives instead of always being so negative!

You need to shut the **** up right now and get your ass down to Union Station for Mitch's Chiefs rally. We're going to put the hammer down, and if you're not with us, you're against us.

Oh, and wear your Chiefs flag lapel pin, too. We don't want people thinking you're a communist.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 11249504)
Those are brutal to watch, but I bet there can be similar articles created on every QB in the league. Now where's the 20+ catches that should've been made that the Chiefs want back?

Im sure there are plenty more, but he went with 13 crucial plays. Thats thats where good and average qb's separate themselves.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11249508)
This is the sort of stuff that's just killing football talk on this forum!

Their tenth season is when some guys start to 'get it'. Some guys are just late bloomers and you can't expect anybody to succeed playing with the supporting cast Alex did.

**** our QB. I rather have an average Oline and a good qb, then a good oline and a average QB. WHen the Chiefs play i hope Alex does well because im a Chiefs fan, problem is i have 0 confidence in him stepping up when the team absolutely needs a score late in the games.

the Talking Can 01-07-2015 01:39 PM

that list doesn't even include his overthrow of Wilson for an easy td

Smith left plays all over the field, all season long...from the Titans debacle to the Steelers loss

he cost us the playoffs, and wasted a rather remarkable defense effort (players and coaches)

hitchief 01-07-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 11249488)
hitchief, Alex isn't a hall of famer. Just admit it and life will be easier for you.

Another brilliant response to a serious post.

What you cant get the logic?

And I have never said he was or is a Hall of Famer but he is good enough to win us playoff games and if given a decent #1 wr and a average oline could get us a SB.

Trolling is just to easy people but whatever, troll away and sleep well.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11249501)
he's not, and he's not magically changing tendencies developed over entire playing career

he's just a mediocre QB, and nothing will change that

Smith will be fine. Just get him an offensive line and some more weapons. For God's sake, he only has a top 5 RB and TE. We need a top 5 WR as well!

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249515)
**** our QB. I rather have an average Oline and a good qb, then a good oline and a average QB. WHen the Chiefs play i hope Alex does well because im a Chiefs fan, problem is i have 0 confidence in him stepping up when the team absolutely needs a score late in the games.

How can he step up when there's no pocket to step up into? :hmmm:

hitchief 01-07-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249515)

Are you trying to tell us that we have an average oline? What a **cking joke that is.

At least argue with a somewhat serious attempt at the facts.

Pablo 01-07-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249520)
Another brilliant response to a serious post.

What you cant get the logic?

And I have never said he was or is a Hall of Famer but he is good enough to win us playoff games and if given a decent #1 wr and a average oline could get us a SB.

Trolling is just to easy people but whatever, troll away and sleep well.

Those paint chips were tasty weren't they?

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:43 PM

Bowe should have been his first read on that quick out in Oakland. We ran a ****ing sprint out. If you don't hit that receiver within 1.5 seconds, he's GOING to be covered.

Just horrible anticipation, or a lack of balls, exhibited by our franchise QB in that situation.

"Why risk the throw in that situation. Take the field goal and the lead and rely on your defense"

"Bowe probably would have dropped it anyway"

Figured I'd save you guys some time with the responses..

Pablo 01-07-2015 01:44 PM

Guys, at least he signed that friendly deal we thought he might.

What a team player.

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11249531)
Bowe should have been his first read on that quick out in Oakland. We ran a ****ing sprint out. If you don't hit that receiver within 1.5 seconds, he's GOING to be covered.

Just horrible anticipation, or a lack of balls, exhibited by our franchise QB in that situation.

"Why risk the throw in that situation. Take the field goal and the lead and rely on your defense"

"Bowe probably would have dropped it anyway"

Figured I'd save you guys some time with the responses..

No, Bowe would've caught it but he would've only been able to get 1 foot in bounds.