ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Another zombie show: The Returned (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278123)

Rausch 12-11-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10265550)
let me know what you think.
I'm really surprised, shocked actually, that noone is talking about this.
I love it! it's not you're ordinary zombie show....not by a long shot.

I'm getting ready to watch ep 3.

The only negative (besides being french) is that even when there's action it seems to move super slow.

Saw this though.
Quote:

Red Sox fan and Maine author Stephen King (inset) has joined Twitter. By Sunday afternoon, he had more than 164,000 followers and had tweeted three times. “My first tweet. No longer a virgin. Be gentle!,” he said on Friday. His second tweet was, “On Twitter at last, and can’t think of a thing to say. Some writer I turned out to be.” On Saturday, he praised the show “The Returned,” saying, “Scary and sexy. . . . That kid Victor’s giving me nightmares.”

frankotank 12-19-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10268024)
I'm getting ready to watch ep 3.

The only negative (besides being french) is that even when there's action it seems to move super slow.

Saw this though.

yeah it's not fast, but damn it's intriguing. like the reveal about Camille and her sister.....was that not ****ing kick ass? I was like WHHHAAAAAATTT!? don't give up on it, the story just keeps getting better and better. last week was pretty wild.....like.....shit's about to get real.
I have been very pleasantly surprised at the nudity.

Victor is a creepy little freak man!

should be a new episode on tonight.....

Baby Lee 01-28-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10144005)
I don't think the trailer you linked is actually what's on Sundance tonight. They're broadcasting Les Revenants (which is in French, and will be subtitled).

A&E is doing a remake, so maybe that's what this is. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, Les Revenants is supposed to be pretty good.

Actual remake finally coming in March. Word is it's like the Psycho remake, word for word and as close to the French as original, except not in French.

<iframe width="628" height="353" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-B6tu3ziVJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 01-28-2015 08:21 PM

Was there a second season of The Returned (the french one) that I missed on Sundance?

edit: apparently not, currently in production.

frankotank 03-10-2015 09:04 AM

BUMP!

OK.....so.....as I believe has been discussed, the trailer above is NOT the French version of The Returned. It is a movie that is available on Netflix (just found that out) and I'll be watching it asap.

Last night the American version of The Returned aired on A&E. I STILL have the entire first season of the French version on my DVR. I absolutely LOVE the French version. The American version is almost IDENTICAL. from the episode title, to things they say even to the reactions to certain things. it is frigging IDENTICAL! scene for scene.....it's the same.

and so.....because of that.....because I was hoping for at least a slightly different take, I am disappoint.

anybody else check this out?

Rausch 03-10-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11372798)
BUMP!

OK.....so.....as I believe has been discussed, the trailer above is NOT the French version of The Returned. It is a movie that is available on Netflix (just found that out) and I'll be watching it asap.

Last night the American version of The Returned aired on A&E. I STILL have the entire first season of the French version on my DVR. I absolutely LOVE the French version. The American version is almost IDENTICAL. from the episode title, to things they say even to the reactions to certain things. it is frigging IDENTICAL! scene for scene.....it's the same.

and so.....because of that.....because I was hoping for at least a slightly different take, I am disappoint.

I really want to see the US remake of the French version.

The movie in the trailer above wasn't bad. It had a decent story, lead actors did a decent job, there just seemed to be something missing.

3.5 of 5 stars. The perfect Netflix movie on a slow day...

frankotank 03-10-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11372808)
I really want to see the US remake of the French version.

The movie in the trailer above wasn't bad. It had a decent story, lead actors did a decent job, there just seemed to be something missing.

3.5 of 5 stars. The perfect Netflix movie on a slow day...

well I'll tell ya....if you haven't seen the French version....and if they keep to the story (which last night they did VERBATIM) and do it half as well as the French did.....it'll be a fun ride.

for me....I'm already looking forward to season 2....since basically I've already seen season 1! hahaha

Rausch 03-10-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11372854)
well I'll tell ya....if you haven't seen the French version....and if they keep to the story (which last night they did VERBATIM) and do it half as well as the French did.....it'll be a fun ride.

for me....I'm already looking forward to season 2....since basically I've already seen season 1! hahaha

I watched the French version and it was good. Two things the US version can do to make it better:
1) No french.
2) I'm not missing the full glory of some really creepy moments reading subtitles.

I doubt you'll find a kid as creepy as the little bastard in the French version though...

frankotank 03-10-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11373035)
I watched the French version and it was good. Two things the US version can do to make it better:
1) No french.
2) I'm not missing the full glory of some really creepy moments reading subtitles.

I doubt you'll find a kid as creepy as the little bastard in the French version though...

BINGO!
He showed up last night already and I immediately thought......not as creepy as Frenchie Victor. hahaha

kcxiv 03-10-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11372798)
BUMP!

I read on some website last night that it's going to be different as the episodes go By.

Decent first episode

Coochie liquor 03-11-2015 09:23 PM

This is supposed to be a different version of Resurrection, which was based in the foreign series mentioned earlier. Much darker version of Resurrection.

kcxiv 03-12-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11377390)
This is supposed to be a different version of Resurrection, which was based in the foreign series mentioned earlier. Much darker version of Resurrection.

firswt season of Resurrection was decent, 2nd season lost me after a few episodes. i just no longer cared to watch.

frankotank 03-12-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11377390)

this isn't resurrection. it's based of the French "The Returned". so much so that is it IDENTICAL. at least so far thru 1 episode. like I said, the title, the story, the dialogue.......pretty much identical to the french version.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-12-2015 02:48 PM

No but I like em mustard biscuits

frankotank 03-13-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11379249)
No but I like em mustard biscuits

don't reckon I got no reason to be killing anybody....mmm hmm