ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Looking ahead to Sunday Night (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288663)

Mile High Mania 11-24-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11141351)
Ok, I guess I don't know how to quantify critical points in a game. Which teams do you think are the best at it?

Unfortunately, I'm not at a point in my life where I can watch a ton of NFL games... not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way. So, I can't compare them to the other 31 NFL teams.

All I know is what I see. And, more often than not when the Broncos need a key stop on 3rd down --- they give up the conversion. I think the times it happens over the last month stick out more simply because of how inconsistent they've played.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11141361)
BULL SHIT you TOOL. Predicting a KC win so you can save your TWO FACED Mile High Mule Tool ass if it happens. If not, you can twist the knife and talk shit about a Denver win at KC again. You've set it up so you "win" either way. Typical poser - move dude. You've cornered the market... LMAO

Yeah, because I jump in and twist the knife around here so often.

In recent years, after a Bronco win over KC - there's typically very little that I say. This board is usually in meltdown mode of epic proportions and there's nothing really left to be said.

Again - call it whatever you like, but Denver (IMO) hasn't given me anything to be too secure about this week, losing 3 on the road as they have and looking soft against OAK in the 1H, @ the Rams and then all day yesterday vs Miami.

MagicHef 11-24-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11141366)
Unfortunately, I'm not at a point in my life where I can watch a ton of NFL games... not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way. So, I can't compare them to the other 31 NFL teams.

All I know is what I see. And, more often than not when the Broncos need a key stop on 3rd down --- they give up the conversion. I think the times it happens over the last month stick out more simply because of how inconsistent they've played.

I understand, it seems like they always allow the other team to walk all over them when it matters. I just know that I was angry at Manning yesterday for overthrowing a deep receiver what seemed like about 15 times. After thinking about it, I know he's one of the best ever at what he does, so other teams must have it worse.

How about this: when the score is within 8 points in the 4th quarter or overtime (maybe a good definition of "when it matters"), Denver has allowed:

1 TD
1 FG

and has forced:

4 punts
2 INTs
2 TO by downs

By percentage, every one of those number is better than league average.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2014 01:17 PM

I was also getting too annoyed with the slightly overthrown passes...

It's easier to get over that stuff, knowing what he can turn around and do on the next play. I don't yet have that confidence in the defense and they haven't played consistently enough at a high level to earn it.

When they are up - then it's lights out. I remember the KC game and the three drives that were way too long, we just cannot have that in KC.

Manning had the ball once in the 3rd Quarter if I recall, and really only twice in the 2H in week 2.

Jimmya 11-24-2014 01:18 PM

I love seeing Manning on the Sideline....makes me feel generally confident!

Mile High Mania 11-24-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 11141410)
I love seeing Manning on the Sideline....makes me feel generally confident!

I hear ya, 23 minutes - 24 points. Almost worked.

cj2wr 11-24-2014 01:28 PM

Chiefs should wear the red on red uniforms and blow them the F out

Buehler445 11-24-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11141356)
I've seen this movie before, it will be close most of the game and the Chiefs will probably even have a lead at some point. Then in the 4th quarter Chiefs D will start falling apart, then throw in some bullshit penalties and big plays and the Donks start pulling away and win by double digits.

If you put a gun to my head, this is where I'm at. You saw the flags start flying when Manning needed the drive against MIA (That hands to the face against Sanders was the worst). We don't have the guns to put them down and Manning team vs KC that is in the game is trouble. Always has been, always will be.

As far as TOP, that's ****ing horseshit. Drives me ****ing crazy when dumbasses talk like this. It is about the efficiency. You are going to get +/- 2 possessions just like the other team. If you can get the ball and score and your defense can line up and get stops, it doesn't ****ing matter if there are 6 possessions in a game or 20. You have to be more efficient with the ball than the opponent.

If you score a kickoff or punt return every time you get the ball, you're going to beat Manning if you can grab a stop or two. Holding onto the ball matters not a ****ing thing if you don't score points.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11141473)
You saw the flags start flying when Manning needed the drive against MIA (That hands to the face against Sanders was the worst).

Really .... 6 for 50 (Mia) compared to 9 for 98 (Den)

I'll agree that I thought it was a BS call on the hands to the face, but the flags really started flying?

Buehler445 11-24-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11141483)
Really .... 6 for 50 (Mia) compared to 9 for 98 (Den)

I'll agree that I thought it was a BS call on the hands to the face, but the flags really started flying?

That's not helping. IIRC, there were 3 flags on that drive, so half of all flags against MIA came on one drive (it might be 2, don't remember). But yeah. They started flying.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2014 01:55 PM

Chiefs had an obvious fumble that they would have ran in for a TD called an incomplete pass the last time they played. A key reason why they lost...yeah if the game is called like that we are ****ed.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11141484)
That's not helping. IIRC, there were 3 flags on that drive, so half of all flags against MIA came on one drive (it might be 2, don't remember). But yeah. They started flying.

Oh... so, there has to be a conspiracy. Got it.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2014 02:01 PM

Only a complete homer would think they don't get favorable calls. See the last meeting against KC. Pathetic.

Buehler445 11-24-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11141489)
Oh... so, there has to be a conspiracy. Got it.

Oh **** the **** off. I didn't say a goddamned thing about a conspiracy. Get that shit the **** out of here.

It's not news that officials have a penchant for sticking their nose in big situations. And it's not just Manning.

Bottom line, if we get officials like the last drive against MIA, we're boned.

Simply Red 11-24-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11141138)
I find myself lost in the labyrinthine contours of your elaborate argument.

I'm tapping out. This is too much.

Dude is the biggest idiot on the board. Some psycho that negs me for nothing - weird dude.