ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Antonio Brown to the Raiders (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321722)

Titty Meat 03-10-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 14143687)
Looks good on paper but I have a feeling the honeymoon will end quickly for Brown in Oakland. Of course they do have a lot of ammo to play with to turn things around but mastering the draft with all those picks is easier said than done.

Atleast we wont have to worry about having a DC who covers Brown with Houston 2 times a year.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-10-2019 12:08 AM

This isn’t going to end well for Oakland. Mark my words.

I thought Gruden had a chance if he stuck to his guns and kept the no nonsense approach. But once you add Brown and Bell, you’re asking for combustible scenarios. Especially if they aren’t winning or getting their stat sheet filled up.

BryanBusby 03-10-2019 12:10 AM

I think it sends a really bad message to that Locker Room.

Hey we won't pay our elite home grown Defensive End money he rightfully earned and deserved, but we'll gladly hand that money to a guy that we just traded for and has yet to play a down for this team. ****ing idiotic.

staylor26 03-10-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14143691)

Hey we won't pay our elite home grown Defensive End money he rightfully earned and deserved, but we'll gladly hand that money to a guy that we just traded for and has yet to play a down for this team. ****ing idiotic.

Exacty.

You pay the old locker room cancer over the young best defensive leader that’s one of the best in the business?

pugsnotdrugs19 03-10-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Pretty much. And then they’re gonna fork over another $12M+per year to Bell in all likelihood.

Things could get really messy in a hurry.

Titty Meat 03-10-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

I think most of the roster has been shipped out since Gruden took over so it wont matter much

Buehler445 03-10-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14143674)
If they get Murray I personally think it will be a disaster

Maybe some success early on, but nothing sustainable.

Agreed. I don't even think success early. Gruden would be a disaster or Murray, IMO.

Not Fisher bad, but close.

staylor26 03-10-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14143696)
I think most of the roster has been shipped out since Gruden took over so it wont matter much

I don’t think it will effect the locker room, but it gives me the sense that Gruden lacks direction in building a roster.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-10-2019 12:16 AM

I think Murray will have a chance in Kingsbury’s system to be successful. Seems like a good fit, and Fitz would be a great leading influence to ease him in.

But Oakland, under Gruden, AB, and potentially Bell? Yikes x a billion.

Titty Meat 03-10-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14143699)
I don’t think it will effect the locker room, but it gives me the sense that Gruden lacks direction in building a roster.

I disagree he will have Brown and 3 first round picks. They will be better and I dont care that hes a diva the numbers dont lie. The only reason I'm not worried is because they dont have a QB anywhere near Mahomes and their defense is 2 years away from 2 years in being any good.

Buehler445 03-10-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14143685)
Ya Carr is likely gone. I think the Raiders got better with this deal and can challenge for 2nd depending if Rivers declines.

This trade would worry me if Alex Smith was still our QB but yanno...

You are overvaluing the skill guys.

The Giants had Beckham, who is better than Brown, and Barkley was really ****ing good at RB and were ****ing terribad.

WRs and RBs don't mean a goddamned mother****ing thing without a QB and OL.

The Raiders haven't improved there.

Buehler445 03-10-2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14143700)
I think Murray will have a chance in Kingsbury’s system to be successful. Seems like a good fit, and Fitz would be a great leading influence to ease him in.

But Oakland, under Gruden, AB, and potentially Bell? Yikes x a billion.

I personally think Kingsbury is a bad coach. But at least he understands young signal callers and can create an environment to support them, not the tough guy bullshit that Gruden tries to pull.

Titty Meat 03-10-2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14143703)
You are overvaluing the skill guys.

The Giants had Beckham, who is better than Brown, and Barkley was really ****ing good at RB and were ****ing terribad.

WRs and RBs don't mean a goddamned mother****ing thing without a QB and OL.

The Raiders haven't improved there.

Brown isnt an improvement over Seth Roberts, Jordie Nelson or whatever trash they ran out there? Give me a break.

Iconic 03-10-2019 12:19 AM

Jesus Gruden is worse than Del Rio. I actually thought he was building something in Oakland slowly through the draft but wow.

He's a complete tool with no plan at all lol. So glad he signed a 10 year deal.

Buehler445 03-10-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14143705)
Brown isnt an improvement over Seth Roberts, Jordie Nelson or whatever trash they ran out there? Give me a break.

Way to totally miss the point.

The Giants HAD great skill guys and were ass.

If you have a QB and OL that can let them work, they kick ass. If you have ass, you get ass.