ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2nd rd options (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313691)

staylor26 02-24-2018 11:14 AM

Ok so now that corner is a need these are the guys that we should target in the 2nd:

Tarvarus McFadden
Jaire Alexander
Isaiah Oliver
Carlton Davis

Couch-Potato 02-25-2018 07:52 AM

Noticing a lot of CBs and LBs going early in Mock drafts this year.

Mother****erJones 02-25-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13436876)
Noticing a lot of CBs and LBs going early in Mock drafts this year.

That’s why I’m praying it’s a 1st round this year for Peters. Gives us a shot at Rashaan Evans, Vander Esch, and DL like Payne and Vea.

BryanBusby 02-25-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13435250)
Ok so now that corner is a need these are the guys that we should target in the 2nd:

Tarvarus McFadden
Jaire Alexander
Isaiah Oliver
Carlton Davis

I would rather fill that hole with a FA.

Mother****erJones 02-25-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13436908)
I would rather fill that hole with a FA.

Agreed. Kyle Fuller, Patrick Robinson, E.J. Gaines, Trumaine Johnson (if you want to spend large, etc. This FA corner class is well stacked. Go get one

pugsnotdrugs19 02-25-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13436937)
Agreed. Kyle Fuller, Patrick Robinson, E.J. Gaines, Trumaine Johnson (if you want to spend large, etc. This FA corner class is well stacked. Go get one

We need to get a bigger corner. Fuller is 5’11”, and Nelson is 5’10”. I don’t mind that, but we need another 6’2”+ guy to match up on big receivers imo.

BryanBusby 02-25-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13436937)

I don't really like the other Fuller all that much. They need to make Trumaine Johnson a priority.

Mother****erJones 02-25-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13436962)
We need to get a bigger corner. Fuller is 5’11”, and Nelson is 5’10”. I don’t mind that, but we need another 6’2”+ guy to match up on big receivers imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13436980)
I don't really like the other Fuller all that much. They need to make Trumaine Johnson a priority.

That’s true. KC does need another big corner. I just don’t see them paying Trumaine Johnson at this point. As for Fuller, I just think it’d be cool to have both brothers in the same secondary.

BryanBusby 02-25-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13436994)
That’s true. KC does need another big corner. I just don’t see them paying Trumaine Johnson at this point.

Having no #1 CB in a scheme very dependent on coverages is a red alert status.

If they are going to spend big money in FA at all, it'll be to fill the hole they just made.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-25-2018 10:16 AM

It’s too bad Josh Jackson is more of a pipe dream than reality.

Mother****erJones 02-25-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13437001)
Having no #1 CB in a scheme very dependent on coverages is a red alert status.

If they are going to spend big money in FA at all, it'll be to fill the hole they just made.

I’m just not sure they’re going to spend that much. They may look to the draft. We’ll see in a couple weeks I guess. If they sign Johnson, so be it. I’ll back it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13437006)
It’s too bad Josh Jackson is more of a pipe dream than reality.

Ya, but I’d hate to trade Peters only to use that first round pick on a corner. In a deep corner draft. I’d much rather package picks to go up for Roquan or Edmunds. I do like Josh Jackson a lot. I like his swagger. He wants to take the ball away. A lot like Peters actually in that way.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-25-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13437016)
I’m just not sure they’re going to spend that much. They may look to the draft. We’ll see in a couple weeks I guess. If they sign Johnson, so be it. I’ll back it.

Ya, but I’d hate to trade Peters only to use that first round pick on a corner. In a deep corner draft. I’d much rather package picks to go up for Roquan or Edmunds. I do like Josh Jackson a lot. I like his swagger. He wants to take the ball away. A lot like Peters actually in that way.

My guess is that Veach too doesn’t want to use the high pick there at CB, which is why he signed Amerson. Now he is probably going to assume his starters are Fuller/Nelson/Amerson, and let whatever upgrades there are come to him either via FA or mid rounds.

BryanBusby 02-25-2018 10:28 AM

That's going to be a swiss cheese secondary LMAO

No way Veach settles for that

The Chiefs are making rebuilding its shit tier D a priority and just traded off one of the biggest pieces on it. No way are they going to limpdick a counter to that move.

Mother****erJones 02-25-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13437020)
My guess is that Veach too doesn’t want to use the high pick there at CB, which is why he signed Amerson. Now he is probably going to assume his starters are Fuller/Nelson/Amerson, and let whatever upgrades there are come to him either via FA or mid rounds.

With this FA market, I think they sign the other starting corner.

Fuller, FA, Nelson and Amerson would still be good just not great like it would be with Peters

Mother****erJones 02-25-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13437033)
That's going to be a swiss cheese secondary LMAO

No way Veach settles for that

The Chiefs are making rebuilding its shit tier D a priority and just traded off one of the biggest pieces on it. No way are they going to limpdick a counter to that move.

I agree. KC is adding a corner in free agency.

My biggest excitement with Veach so far, is that he’s aggressive and attacks needs. He’s also creative in his trade of getting Kendall Fuller. Most GMs just take the picks.