ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Shooting at TDKR Midnight Premiere in Aurora, CO. Multiple dead. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261598)

Deberg_1990 07-20-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8754807)
True.

I read a few other BB's where the "give them a fair trial" crowd comes out of the woodwork. There should be no ifs/ands/or buts here. Fit them with a noose.

Agreed. Same as the Ft Hood shooting. When you have like 100 people who can identify the shooter instantly, stop wasting time and put them to death within the week.

Direckshun 07-20-2012 06:19 AM

I heard on the morning news that the shooter was dressed up as Batman.

Stanley Nickels 07-20-2012 06:20 AM

Guess he was more of a Marvel guy, huh?

Seriously, though, what a tragic incidence. Despicable.

Also, that article (the one in the click-through link, at least) is one of the most horrendously written things I've read in a long time. Is RT a news site for teenagers? "Packed with a lot of people"? "The Colorado city of Aurora in the Denver Suburbs"?

ReynardMuldrake 07-20-2012 06:24 AM

You can listen to the police dispatchers here:

http://tunein.com/radio/Aurora-Police-and-Fire-s145268/

blaise 07-20-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8754807)
True.

I read a few other BB's where the "give them a fair trial" crowd comes out of the woodwork. There should be no ifs/ands/or buts here. Fit them with a noose.

I don't care about him having a trial because it's fair or not fair for him. I just think these scumbags take the easy way out and kill themselves at the scene so they don't have to look anyone in the eye. I want to see them have to sit there and listen to what they did before they get executed.

rockymtnchief 07-20-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8754809)
Agreed. ... stop wasting time and put them to death within the week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8754816)
I want to see them have to sit there and listen to what they did before they get executed.

A week facing the victims familys and friends??? I could live with that.

unlurking 07-20-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8754813)
Guess he was more of a Marvel guy, huh?

Seriously, though, what a tragic incidence. Despicable.

Also, that article (the one in the click-through link, at least) is one of the most horrendously written things I've read in a long time. Is RT a news site for teenagers? "Packed with a lot of people"? "The Colorado city of Aurora in the Denver Suburbs"?

RT is a Russian government funded TV news network.

I always wonder about people who use their site or watch their programs.

LOCOChief 07-20-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8754772)
In NC you cannot have a Concealed Carry at a place where admission is charged to get in, Don't know if it's similar there but 4 or 5 armed patrons could have possibly saved alot of lives and injuries...

yup

durtyrute 07-20-2012 06:58 AM

The wife and I are going to visit Denver here soon. Is this type of shit commonplace there?

KCUnited 07-20-2012 07:02 AM

This will likely mark the end of dressing up for movie showings.

LOCOChief 07-20-2012 07:02 AM

Don't go to the movies often but when we do it's late at night and I'm always carrying. Might not have done any good in this case but if I was there I'd rather have a gun, don't want to go down for lack of shooting back.

kepp 07-20-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8754771)
My brother lives in Denver. He's on the north side, 20+ miles from this with plenty of theaters nearer so I'm not to concerned with the possibility he was there. Pezman, a Bronco fan who used to post here a lot actually attended the movie last night but he selected a theater a couple miles from this one. I'm intrigued to discover motive here. Not that any reason is going to make sense but it is going to be interesting to find out more about the loon who did this.

I'm guessing it will be something like he was pissed off because the theater had no more tickets for the midnight showing, or they kicked him out at one point or another.

notorious 07-20-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8754772)
In NC you cannot have a Concealed Carry at a place where admission is charged to get in, Don't know if it's similar there but 4 or 5 armed patrons could have possibly saved alot of lives and injuries...

This.

notorious 07-20-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8754783)
While we're talking hypotheticals, CC could killed more in the crossfire. And I heard the guy had a vest on so they better be good at head shots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8754784)
Nope. Any member here would tell you that they would have been cool, calm, collected, and a crack shot in this situation. They would have saved countless lives.

The CCL wouldn't have to get a head shot. He could have at least drawn fire to allow more people to escape.

siberian khatru 07-20-2012 07:08 AM

Motive? Some men just want to watch the world burn.