ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2015 Free Agency and the Draft: Tracking the AFC West (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291227)

Buehler445 03-13-2015 11:18 PM

I had no idea we signed Branch. I thought he was just visiting.

What was the money.

thabear04 03-14-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11382278)
I had no idea we signed Branch. I thought he was just visiting.

What was the money.

The KC Chiefs signed former Oakland Raider safety Tyvon Branch to a one-year, $2 million deal as NFL free-agency opened Tuesday, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport.

The deal can be worth up to $4 million if the 28-year-old Branch hits all of the incentives. The move makes clear that free-agent cornerback/safety Ron Parker will not return to the Kansas City Chiefs.

-King- 03-14-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11382314)
The KC Chiefs signed former Oakland Raider safety Tyvon Branch to a one-year, $2 million deal as NFL free-agency opened Tuesday, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport.

The deal can be worth up to $4 million if the 28-year-old Branch hits all of the incentives. The move makes clear that free-agent cornerback/safety Ron Parker will not return to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Whoever wrote that last part is wrong. There's still a chance Parker comes back since we still need a true free safety.
Posted via Mobile Device

thabear04 03-14-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11382318)
Whoever wrote that last part is wrong. There's still a chance Parker comes back since we still need a true free safety.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guy name John Viril

https://kckingdom.com/2015/03/10/kc-...one-year-deal/

thabear04 03-14-2015 12:17 PM

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/...-with-the-jets

The Jets strike again. Source confirms Jets have agreed to 4-year contract with former Chargers S Marcus Gilchrist, as @RapSheet reported.
8:31 PM - 12 Mar 2015

mdchiefsfan 03-14-2015 02:05 PM

We can add Ron Parker to our list

thabear04 03-16-2015 10:37 AM

Kurt Coleman sign with the Panthers.

Mile High Mania 03-16-2015 10:52 AM

So far, nothing too splashy - they spent the money they would have paid Julius for a better batch of players, roughly 4 total IIRC. I like the addition of Daniels and the resigning of Green. The defensive adds could be good.

Overall - nothing to get too crazy about, but I think the quality is there.

Denver adds/retains:
Demaryius Thomas, WR
Virgil Green, TE -- nice resigning, bright future
Owen Daniels, TE -- solid veteran add
Vance Walker, DE
Darian Stewart, S
Shelley Smith, G
Brandon Marshall, LB
Ben Garland, G
Paul Cornick, OT
Tony Carter, CB
Aaron Brewer, LS
Steve Johnson, LB
Joe Don Duncan, TE/FB

Denver lost:
Orlando Franklin, G --- mixed on this loss, but he's not irreplaceable
Julius Thomas, TE ---- not upset about this one, $ better spent on other players
Rahim Moore, S --- enh
Terrance Knighton, DT --- great locker room guy and solid player, guess the move to 3-4 wasn't ideal

Meatloaf 03-16-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11380876)
If you're posting that someone signs....can you provide where they came from and what position they play? Makes it easier for me.

Dicky Mc, not sure if you want to post this or not, but Kurt Coleman just signed with Carolina. It's buried in the Ron Parker thread, and I think you can confirm just about anywhere now Fyi.

Hoover 03-16-2015 11:13 AM

So the Chiefs will basically return their entire defense from last year, but get a guy like DeVito back and add Branch. Nice, and we have not even drafted yet!

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-16-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 11386384)
So the Chiefs will basically return their entire defense from last year, but get a guy like DeVito back and add Branch. Nice, and we have not even drafted yet!

And D.J

thabear04 03-16-2015 06:12 PM

Oakland Raiders release QB Matt Schaub

Mother****erJones 03-16-2015 06:56 PM

I'm very happy with our offseason. This division will be tough. But like always well get swept by Peyton unless he falls off a cliff.

Buehler445 03-16-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11386347)
So far, nothing too splashy - they spent the money they would have paid Julius for a better batch of players, roughly 4 total IIRC. I like the addition of Daniels and the resigning of Green. The defensive adds could be good.

Overall - nothing to get too crazy about, but I think the quality is there.

Denver adds/retains:
Demaryius Thomas, WR
Virgil Green, TE -- nice resigning, bright future
Owen Daniels, TE -- solid veteran add
Vance Walker, DE
Darian Stewart, S
Shelley Smith, G
Brandon Marshall, LB
Ben Garland, G
Paul Cornick, OT
Tony Carter, CB
Aaron Brewer, LS
Steve Johnson, LB
Joe Don Duncan, TE/FB

Denver lost:
Orlando Franklin, G --- mixed on this loss, but he's not irreplaceable
Julius Thomas, TE ---- not upset about this one, $ better spent on other players
Rahim Moore, S --- enh
Terrance Knighton, DT --- great locker room guy and solid player, guess the move to 3-4 wasn't ideal

You mother****ers seriously have a dude named Joe Don Duncan? Is this real life?

Mile High Mania 03-17-2015 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11387448)
You mother****ers seriously have a dude named Joe Don Duncan? Is this real life?

Don't be jealous... Joe Don Duncan, from Dixie State... what's not to like?