ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Places to live and a drive to UMKC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292706)

eDave 05-27-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11522134)
:hmmm:

.... can't we just split a one bed Billay? I'll promise I won't make fun of you when Nebraska loses.

But seriously: please PM me those digits.

How's your lease Billay? Maybe split a 2BR?

Landlord should allow an upgrade.

Discuss Thrower 05-27-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11522135)
How's your lease Billay? Maybe split a 2BR?

Another issue: I currently possess a geriatric cat.

Now this issue might resolve itself as I'm not sure it could survive a three hour car ride.

eDave 05-27-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11522144)
Another issue: I currently possess a geriatric cat.

Now this issue might resolve itself as I'm not sure it could survive a three hour car ride.

A cat is just another very small piece of furniture.

HonestChieffan 05-27-2015 09:35 PM

Waldo

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-27-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11522076)
Grad school is the priority bruh

When I went to UMKC for my interviews, they pimped some new on-campus apartments for professional students hard, but they might be Med School/Pharm/Dentistry only.

Discuss Thrower 05-27-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11522194)
When I went to UMKC for my interviews, they pimped some new on-campus apartments for professional students hard, but they might be Med School/Pharm/Dentistry only.

Being totally uninformed about that, I would say you're most likely correct.

Sorter 05-27-2015 09:49 PM

Send me a PM.

Fish 05-27-2015 09:59 PM

UMKC owns several blocks of houses near their campus. They provide housing here for families at great rates. I would call them and ask about their houses surrounding campus.

http://www.umkc.edu/isao/housinginfo.cfm

DaneMcCloud 05-27-2015 10:38 PM

Question: Why UMKC over Missouri State?

Discuss Thrower 05-27-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11522332)
Question: Why UMKC over Missouri State?

1) MSU doesn't have an MSF program; they have an MBA in Finance.

2) I need to get out of here for my own sake, I don't want to live with my mother and grandmother out east nor do I want to move back to Joplin.

eDave 05-27-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11522343)

2) I need to get out of here for my own sake, I don't want to live with my mother and grandmother out east nor do I want to move back to Joplin.

Dudes making things happen in his life.

DaneMcCloud 05-27-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11522343)

Why an MSF over an MBA?

I know a metric shit ton of CFO's and Directors of Finance that have MBA's but I've never encountered anyone with an MSF. Even a good friend that went to the London School of Business, who is redonk successful, has an MBA.

Discuss Thrower 05-27-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11522368)
Why an MSF over an MBA?

I know a metric shit ton of CFO's and Directors of Finance that have MBA's but I've never encountered anyone with an MSF. Even a good friend that went to the London School of Business, who is redonk successful, has an MBA.

MSFs aren't prevalent, for certain. But in my case (three-ish years of freelance reporting and a liberal arts degree [English/Writing], no management experience of any sort) it's a better option than an MBA.

DaneMcCloud 05-27-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11522375)
MSFs aren't prevalent, for certain. But in my case (three-ish years of freelance reporting and a liberal arts degree [English/Writing], no management experience of any sort) it's a better option than an MBA.

Well, my experience in the finance world (at Paramount & Universal in a former life) says that the MBA is clearly the way to go. I know several successful guys ($200k plus a year) with MBA's from Pepperdine.

There's a move for ya. :D

Discuss Thrower 05-28-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11522391)
Well, my experience in the finance world (at Paramount & Universal in a former life) says that the MBA is clearly the way to go. I know several successful guys ($200k plus a year) with MBA's from Pepperdine.

There's a move for ya. :D

I did consider the MBA at Rockhurst.. As well as taking classes to get a grad certificate whilst looking for jobs.